Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you think will become great in the future, from the current prospects in the premiership?

Ill just say some and than you can add and disagree with my choices:
At Arsenal IMOP I think that by next season Pennant has to be a starter. The guy can be superb. Aliadiere looks a good prospect too, depends how much he improves in the future. There are also many youths at Arsenal like Cesc but ill let arsenal fans talk about them.
At Chelsea Carlton Cole can become huge if he is given a fair chance and J.Cole is good now, but to becoem more a complete player he needs more games.
Rooney and Milner look great for the future too.
At Newcastle Jenas will be superb and Parker will be more complete than Scholes if he moves to some big team in the near future.
At Liverpool the french guys, Pongolle and Le Tallec are huge talents. If they dont make it I dont know who will.Im suprised that everyone is talkign about Pongolle, but in france Le Tallec is rated higher. I have also heard good things about that defender medjani but i have never seen him play so cant say anything.

At Man United, Ronaldo as he matures, by looking for the easier options and improving passing and crossing, this guy will be one of the best wingers in the world for years. Fletcher is getting alot of criticism but the guy has had many injuries since the age of 16, so as he becomes stronger physically and gets more experince by playing with keano and co he could become great.
Many people say that Bellioin wasnt even a starter at Sunderland, but since coming at United he has improved by a very big margin. He has the speed to beat any defender in the world and isnt that bad running with the ball,so the next 2-3 years are very important for him. If he improves his technique,shooting and passing with his current rate, he could become great but if he stops improving, he will just move to some smaller club.

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Add to Arsenal's list David Bentley, Philippe Senderos, Gael Clichy, Kolo Touré, Sebastian Svard, Moritz Volz, Frankie Simek, Daniel Karbassiyoon, Ryan Garry, and Justin Hoyte. We'll probably sign Kolo's younger brother, Yaya, in the January transfer window; Yaya's been one of the best players in the Belgian league this season.

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Glen said:
Unfortunately Sebastian Svärd is simply not that special. At elast he's shown few indications of being special while on loan at FC Copenhagen this fall.
Yes, he failed to prove himself at FCK in the wrong position in a mere 3 month stint. Lots of people fail to find top form when played out of position. However, he's been excellent in the U-19 Academy league in central midfield. Hopefully, he'll do well at Stoke (where he's spending the next 5 months on loan). Judging by their display at Vicarage Road (3-1 victors :mad: ), they have a very capable team, so it won't be that hard.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
He was signed from FCK, knew the environement, has played with some of the others before in the U-NT, and finished the term playing in defensive midfield.... supposedly his position.

If he was special he would have shown 'something', and if he'd been special I'd been ahppy to say so considering that he'd be a prospect for the NT in the future.

Obviously- he might develop radically still, as could Mads Timm owned by Man.United, but mentioning him in the list of biggest talents... alongside players like Le Tallec, Pongolle, Rooney etc... I think not. Again.. unfortunately so.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Gael Clichy is going to be a romper-stomping little full back if he progresses at all from now,he is a sure passing lightning quick tenacious little git. :cool:

Glen how do you do the little dots above the a ?

was Svard that bad,he was neat and tidy against Oxford last year,i'm hoping he was just pissed off with the management which is why he has gone to Stoke :cool:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Bresciano said:
Michal Papadopulos ;).
another gooner obviously ;)

oh and i have to point out that David Bentley is the most technically sound Englishmen since Gascoigne,majorly gifted,just his big head needs sorting out :cool:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Glen Johnson is excellent, and I also rate Steve Baird of Southampton quite highly (he played a lot last year and was great, haven't seen him much this season though, is he loaned out somewhere?).

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Glen said:
Obviously- he might develop radically still, as could Mads Timm owned by Man.United, but mentioning him in the list of biggest talents... alongside players like Le Tallec, Pongolle, Rooney etc... I think not. Again.. unfortunately so.
No, not in the same category as Roony or Sinama-Pongolle (Le Tallec, on his showings for Liverpool, perhaps ;) ). But capable of becoming a regular for Arsenal and Denmark.

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Glen Johnson is excellent, and I also rate Steve Baird of Southampton quite highly (he played a lot last year and was great, haven't seen him much this season though, is he loaned out somewhere?).
Nope. Played against Arsenal this evening. He was terrible.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Pongolle and Le Tallec are brilliant prospects.I just hope Houllier doesnt ruin them.Medjani is also the French U-17 captain.Skillful, big centrehalf he is.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Out of the defendes, Robery Huth has impressed me more than any other. He simply has the hardest shot in world football.

Carlton Cole can be anything he wants to be, if he progresses he'll be back starting at Chelsea in no time.

James Milner looks a class act for so long, he should come along.

Theres many more :).

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
At Blackburn we have:

Paul Gallagher - The Scottish Wayne Rooney, 19 years old and has scored 2 first team goals in 4 (I think) starts. Trendously hard-working and although he doesn't posess the same individual flair as Rooney, he can be just as effective. His tally of 2 goals in 4 starts is all the more impressive because he isn't an out-and-out striker, instead he likes to drop off and pull wide, where he can use his pace. :cool:

Jay McEveley - 18 years old, right back/centre back. He broke into the first team last season but hasn't gotten a start this year and has been sent on loan to Burnley. :yuck: Made a name for himself with his performance in the Worthington cup against Manchester United which included the most amazing goal-line clearance.

I hope the fact that these 2 players have actually started Premiership games, and the fact 1 (Gallagher) as learnt all his football at Blackbrun instead of being poached by throwing money at the player and his family will count for something.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Ok, IF (I mean when ;) ) the Canaries get promoted this season, there will be a few to look out for next season :D

Even if it does somehow all go pear-shaped this season, these players may be in the EPL anyway, even if NCFC aren't.

Robert Green - One of the best young keepers currently outside the Prem. Has made very few gaffs (although they have been HUGE gaffs when they have happened).

Ian Henderson - Has been a revelation on the wing this season. The 18 year-old is really a centre-forward but Nigel Worthington decided to play him on the right due to injuries and he has kept his place ever since. :)

Ryan Jarvis - A skilful 17 year-old who has already been compared to Wayne Rooney (as he's got the tricks :cool: ) and Teddy Sheringham (as he likes to drop deep and already reads the game very well :) ).
He has been on the bench a lot this season, and is certainly one for the future.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Heh Rob Green. Rumoured with City a fair amount of times recently. I wouldn't mind having him at Eastlands, but there are certainly better goalkeepers we could get for a decent price, such as Robinson, who should only cost about £2.5m, and we've raised funds recently, and Berkovic is leaving. I'd have liked to have seen us swap Huckerby for Green plus we send you a bit of cash. I remember his gaff where he went to kick a passback and missed it, sending the ball into the net ;)

City's most talented youth players are now basically premiership regulars.

Shaun Wright-Phillips has really come of age this season, improving vastly. He can play anywhere on the park. He has played right-back, against Newcastle in the FA Cup when we were down to ten men, and has done so whenever we've been reduced to 10 men. He also can attack and is the best English player for running at people with the ball. If it was not for Beckham's cult status meaning he has to play every game for england, he'd have been given a chance by now. 6 goals this season is great, for a guy who struggled in the prem last year. He can also play on hte left, and did so for the last 7 games last season, and proved he is capable of doing it there, as he is so quick he has time to use his right. Only problem is he sometimes rushes the pass rather than takes his time.

Joey Barton is a phenomenom[sp?]. The way in which he has come into the premiership and looked like a 30 year-old captain who has been playing there all his life is amazing. He has improved this season with every game. He can now pass and cross much better, and is simply awesome in defencive aspects. He also has the heart for it. He is mostly like Steven Gerrard, but I think he is a less attacking and more defencive. Gerrard is not so defencive nowadays. If Gerrard gets injured for England, I'd play this lad as his replacement. Definately the next city captain. He is loved by the fans for his tenacity and commitment, and if anyone saw City vs. Leeds, you'll see how untouchable his place is in the team (didn't play against leicester though, Bosvelt was given a chance). When he was subbed against leeds, even though we were 1-0 down and were brnging on an attacking midfielder, the fans went mad when Joey B was replaced.

Stephen Jordan is relatively unknown. Only ever played against Bolton for 25 minutes, but looked capable. ONly 21 and a left back, could be our future left back.

Kevin Stuhr-Ellegaard is supposedly going to become a good keepr. 21 year-old dane has played 4 times, conceded 7. He has looked shaky and nervous in two of the games. In the games he was not nervous, he looked good. Definately better than Seaman on crosses, but seems to drop shots that skip up a lot. The goals he couldn't help though btw.

Kasper Schmeichel is Peter's son, and is earning rave reviews in the reserves. from what I have seen he has great shot-stopping ability. Not seen him in a game environment so I am unsure about how he is in the area. If he has inherited his dads commanding skills, he will be awesome. Only 17 and already in the squad for every game as 3rd choice Keeper. Called up to the Denmark U-18s squad, but has an English passport. Imagine Schmeichel for England? :D

Stephen Elliot - voted one of the "stars of the tournament" in the FIFA U20 world cup. 19-years old from ireland, came to our attention after a hat-trick on his irish debut against the turks. Scored 3 in 4 for Ireland in the world cup to be their leading scorer, described as the most natural finisher at the World Cup by FIFA.

Also Anelka is only 24 :D

~ The Green ;)ne

1 - 16 of 16 Posts