Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Barça players out on loan

Sergio García scored today in Levante's 3-1 victory against Numancia :)

After a quiet start with Levante, it looks like he's finally got the confidence he needs. From what I've seen of him, he's a talent to watch out for. Lets hope his good form continues.

With Saviola and Sergio García likely to return to Barcelona next season, our striker shortage will be non-existent next season :)

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Yeah I was happy when I read he scored there second. He seems to be getting it together after the tough start at Levante with Schuster leaving him out of the first game of the season because of no goals in pre-season.

I would like to keep an eye on all of the Barcelona loaned players and as we have quite a few possible future A team candidates out on loan Im thinking of opening a thread where we can all participate in posting the performances of all of them each week. As it will be hard to keep an eye on all of the players by ourselves as a collective group we can post how we feel they performed. What do you all think about this?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maz said:
Yeah I was happy when I read he scored there second. He seems to be getting it together after the tough start at Levante with Schuster leaving him out of the first game of the season because of no goals in pre-season.

I would like to keep an eye on all of the Barcelona loaned players and as we have quite a few possible future A team candidates out on loan Im thinking of opening a thread where we can all participate in posting the performances of all of them each week. As it will be hard to keep an eye on all of the players by ourselves as a collective group we can post how we feel they performed. What do you all think about this?
I haven't got a problem with changing the thread to something more suitable of your taste :) By the way, which players are officially on loan from Barcelona?

I saw Ramon Ros against us a fortnight ago and he didn't look too bad. I feel that he would've been a real help here with our injury problems.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Barça_Fan said:
I haven't got a problem with changing the thread to something more suitable of your taste :) By the way, which players are officially on loan from Barcelona?

I saw Ramon Ros against us a fortnight ago and he didn't look too bad. I feel that he would've been a real help here with our injury problems.
Well if you want to use this thread you can change the title to anything you feel appropriate to do with the loaned players.

As far as I know from the top of my head the following are on loan from us this season.

Sergio Garcia- Levante
Ramon Ros- Numancia
David Sanchez- Albacete
Riquelme- Villareal
Saviola- Monaco
Rochemback- Sporting Lisbon
Dani Tortolero- Elche
Mario- Valladolid
Santamario- Alaves
Rustu- Fenerbache
Oscar Lopez- Lazio
Haruna Babangida-???

Man how many of them could be useful right now

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Maz said:
Well if you want to use this thread you can change the title to anything you feel appropriate to do with the loaned players.

As far as I know from the top of my head the following are on loan from us this season.

Sergio Garcia- Levante
Ramon Ros- Numancia
David Sanchez- Albacete
Riquelme- Villareal
Saviola- Monaco
Rochemback- Sporting Lisbon
Dani Tortolero- Elche
Mario- Valladolid
Santamario- Alaves
Rustu- Fenerbache
Oscar Lopez- Lazio
Haruna Babangida-???

Man how many of them could be useful right now
yeah what's going on with Babangida? he used to be this amazing talent but i'm afraid that in the end, he's not good enough right? And what's Rochemback's status currently? How is he developing? I never could make my mind up about him really. Will he ever be good enough or won't he?

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Nope another season after this one too for him on our books.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
It's nice to see our players are doing well, even if they are out on loan. Good luck to them, for the rest of the season. I hope they come back, and are able to compete for places, in the Barca team.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Maz said:
Haruna Babangida-???
He is a free player, some time ago Barcelona gave him his card, so now he is playing i think in Shakhtar Donieck, our rival in CL :) Or in one of Holland teams, i dont remember exctly ;) But i think he was huge talent at first, but he didnt show it later... That was his problem, he didnt want to play in Segunda Division or SD B with Barcelona B so he decided to change the environment;)

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
Quality goal man i never thought that Saviola ( Conejo ) would be able to do that, nicely done! great goal!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
That was a fantastic goal. Thanks very much for the link. He is one of my favourite Barca players. I hope he can come back, and regain his place in the first team.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Riquelme showed just what he can do when hes given both freedom and space for Villareal away to Lazio. Played a great game and didnt waste a pass. He can apply for spanish citizenship at the end of this season and I think he should be a serious consideration to be brought back. In pre-season last season he showed how well he can operate with Ronaldinho and what is crystal clear is that Deco and Xavi cannot play every game. Iniesta could rotate with Deco and Riquelme with Xavi, we need that quality in depth if we have serious trophy aspirations. It wont effect us much in a wages sense either as we are paying most of his wages at the moment.

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
Maz said:
Riquelme showed just what he can do when hes given both freedom and space for Villareal away to Lazio. Played a great game and didnt waste a pass. He can apply for spanish citizenship at the end of this season and I think he should be a serious consideration to be brought back. In pre-season last season he showed how well he can operate with Ronaldinho and what is crystal clear is that Deco and Xavi cannot play every game. Iniesta could rotate with Deco and Riquelme with Xavi, we need that quality in depth if we have serious trophy aspirations. It wont effect us much in a wages sense either as we are paying most of his wages at the moment.
Riquelme played really well in the pre-season but we have to admit that he is the type of player that kills the pace of attacking football, it takes him 3 minutes to manage and give the ball back to other players! We dont need him i think he might be a substiute if brought back to barca, but i highly doubt that he might have a place in the barca squad!

1 - 20 of 123 Posts