Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What´s your opinion on the subject "worlds best soccer-player". Now active ofcourse. And who is the most overrated?

FORZA LAZIO

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Diego! Still the best :). When he will return R9, now Rivaldo or Raul. Overrated Shevchenko, he has scored 24 goals: 8 penalties+2 own goals=14 real goals.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think...pele and maradona....both of hem very good i think..yeah not very good but the best in the world

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The active ones... the ones who are actually playing footie now, now the ones who used to.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
jena25,

this year, i have argued with everyone about shev being overrated, but no one seems to agree with me. those stats and all the goals that i watched were either a tip in or a empty net header or whatever...i think he is given too much credit in his first year.

my best player is: veron because i know this guy has something special and he will dominate the world when he is rivaldo age.

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
If you don't just focus on Serie A, then without doubt Beckham is the MosT overrated! :( If you compare with Beckham then Sheva's not overrated (I repeat, if you compare with Beckham).
At least Sheva has got some admirable achievements - capocannonieri in his debut season; and if you compare with his previous league, Ukrainian league - that should count for something. Yes, perhaps Bati or Crespo deserve to be the top scorer more, and that's why people conclude that Sheva's overrated. But compared with Beckham? What has he really done to deserve such hype? At least I haven't seen Sheva getting all-arrogant like Beck (luckily).
For best player - I still can't pick one at the moment because to me no current player has been ThaT great to be called The Best. If I want to be objective about this, sure, Veron is tremendous but he still has a few more seasons to prove, at least, if he wants to be called The Best. I can't say that a player is The Best just based on 2-3 seasons. And not to mention the contribution to the national team, too.

Forza Lazio

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Veron is the best!

FORZA LAZIO!

------------------
Jonathan

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
The BEST player in the world right now is Fernando Redondo and I challenge anyone to deny this.

Bekcham is the most overrated.

------------------
Parma will fight back...FORZA PARMA!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Argentina, if we see only the numbers everybody must say that F.Inzaghi is a great player! But he is unlucky, today there's tv and everybody can see that he is ridicolous! Sheva is much better than Pippa but as I said he scored 8 pk, 2 og, many simple goals (against Perugia) and some lucky (Inter & Reggina). Against Lazio he played his greatest match of the season! Next year we will see if is great or not. Also Del Piero is overrated now but years ago he was maybe the greatest player in the world ('97-'98). Before to say Veron I want to wait an year.

[This message has been edited by Jena25 (edited 31-05-2000).]

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Amo, I deny that Redondo is the best in the world so there :)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Ok Bob... :)

Redondo has everyrthing a midfielder needs.He has accurate pass,dribble,defencive skills,EVERYTHING! the only thing he doesnt do is scoribng,but he doesnt have too (its not his job) with so many assists he gives.

I think that when we say the best player in the world we mean the most complete.The players that do their job the best in the field.And In my opinion,there are three complete players in the world right now,three players that can do everything you ask.

1) Redondo
2) Thuram and Figo (tie)

These three can do practically anything.All of them do what they have to do but play an "all around" game.Its hard to explain but I think you get me...right? :) We all say "Raul,Sheva etc etc" but its not truth.These guys can dribble or score but nothing more...

:)

------------------
Parma will fight back...FORZA PARMA!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts