• Robert Almer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a nice discussion yesterday about the main championship contender, Austria Wien.
After a friend and I failed to field a FAK-team without leaving zillions € on the bench ;), the logical question was: "Who´ll be the first player to complain?"

In my opinion, the most likely are the Norwegians, who will at one point of the season split up from the rest of the team and form a clique, since it´s very unlikely that all 3 of them will have a regular place in the line-up.
Other contenders are guys like Panis or Linz, who´ll lose their place in the NT (especially Panis will be pissed off, as he managed to secure himself the starting spot on the left side in Krankl´s team), as they won´t have that much playing time either.
All that is pure speculation, of course. ;)

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, my prediction:
Either Helstad/Kvisvik/Rushfeldt or Gilewicz and Panis.
Later on, Ziegler will follow.

Some questions:
Can anyone post the most likely starting line-up for the season? Will Schachner play with 2 or 3 strikers?
What about Janocko? Will he play in the centre and Wagner (captain) goes to the right?

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Somehow I think the Norwegian mentality is not like that. So my list is:

#1 Mafia Capo di Capi Martin Hiden (if he loses his first team status, which I hope)

# 2 Christian from Mafia family "Ich habe mich noch gegen jeden Stürmer durchgesetzt" Mayrleb (if he loses his first team status, which I hope)

# 3 Radoslav Gilewicz, because he's like that

# 4 Jürgen Panis, for the already mentioned reasons

Erik Akoto would be my 5th option, because I heard something he is also like that, but here I don't have enough information, so maybe arantes can clear the air for me.

Also, I believe, there will be some substential loan out and sale in Wintertransferzeit and this mega roster at this point of time is kept for Schoko to figure out who is really unverzichtbar for him and who is not.

PMDF

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The team spirit is said to be excellent at the moment (no wonder, as Schachner can make 11 substitutions in test games ;)), so Austria is my bet for Herbstmeister, if everybody stays calm that long.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
...I firmly believe in your quality as a better....... :)

And I forgot Ziegler, of course. Had him in the poll, but not in the post.

When in fancy Prottes for the test game against the team you love to hate, I found out about Ziegler's problem, btw. Tgv once posted somewhere a lot from the Kader are laughing about Ziegler. And when at the Dorfplatz in Prottes, I think I found out why. This Ziegler has a particularly strange voice, accent and quite a lot of totally strange Zurufe. The joke of the guy I went to the test game ("Tourette syndrome") is a lot over the top and geschmacklos, of course, but somehow it points to a not so falsche Richtung. But he is certainly no bad keeper.

PMDF

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Ziegler or Gilewicz.

Ziegler was "frustrated" in spring and now is number two again - I don't see him staying calm all season.

Gilewicz thinks he has a secured spot in FAK's strikeforce - he'll be surprised how few games he could get...

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Probable line-up for the Ried-game:

Mandl - ? - Janocko, Flögel, Wagner, Kvisvik/Panis - Rushfeldt, Gilewicz

No idea about the defensive four. I think Dheedene will start, probably with Akoto, Scharner and Hiden or Dospel.
In midfield I think Kvisvik will start.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Well, Akoto will first impress everybody, then dicrease his training activities to a minimum, then go to Africa to play for Togo about 27 times a season. And then there will be problems in any case: with him (if he doesn't play any more) or with the other defensers (if he plays).

But of course these are only Wunschvorstellungen of a GAK-supporter... ;)

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
But hey, this supplies a Lösung for the problem and I'm willing to offer it to Svetits for free:

Why not turn those who are foreign and don't get enough playing time into Togo nationality ? This way they form a happy group and play 27 times for Togo per year, a.k.a. suddenly have the playing time they want......

:)

PMDF

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
In addition to that, they could do the Ramones trick. So they'd be Ledwon Togo, Pavlovic Togo, Ziegler Togo, etc etc...... ;)

PM DF

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just read yesterday´s "Krone", with the 2 Austria-lineups, the starting 11 looked similar to your team, tgv.

Mandl is Schachner´s #1, no doubt.
That means a soon to be pissed off Marc Ziegler.
Robert Almer will play for Austria Amateure then, I guess.

And I see Janocko will play on the right, Flögel in the centre midfield. Don´t know about it, but it´s probably the only solution with so many guys, who can play on the left wing.

Up front, an amazing strikeforce, which has "conflict" written all over it. Roland Linz is also likely to play one or two games in Regionalliga Ost, with 4 class strikers ahead of him.

I really can´t wait for the season to kick off. :)

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Janocko playd on the wing before (mostly left) and he looks very strong to me on the right wing. So that's a good and natural thing. I think Linz will have the "Joker" part quite often. Gile imo was only signed for helping the Konkurs club out, so if he has problems to find form, nobody will care too much if he gets a season ticket on the stand, Mayrleb (I hope, I hope) could be in a role of being shown the slow Weisel, a.k.a. losing him slowly, but steadily from the squad. Then the strike force is deflated.

However, I fear it will be Helstad. As he has to fight the old mafia and probably a new one around Gile, he would need sharp form to shut them all up. But he does not have that form. That would mean he could substantially struggle, as he comes from untouchable star position in Brann to this new situation he is just not used to. I hope he does not lose it and resign as failure i t-mobile.

Btw, the must be a totally fresh t-mobile Bundesliga Hymne. I can't wait to hate that one as much as the old one........ ;)

PM DF

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
And news (for me) on Pavlovic Togo. Looks like he is doing the Varesanovic and won't move until he is paid to move... :rolleyes:

Slovenia midfielder Zoran Pavlovic is reluctant to leave Austria Vienna for Hajduk Split because of his history with fierce rivals Dinamo Zagreb.

"Lets not forget that I've played for Dinamo, and would have to accept a certain amount of risk if I signed for Hajduk," he said.

Pavlovic looks certain to leave Vienna before the start of the new season, and Hajduk, who have been tracking the player for four years, are heading the queue for his signature.

But Pavlovic views a move to Split as unlikely at best.

He said: "It's possible for me to move on to Hajduk. Ever since they expressed interest four years ago, I've maintained correct relations with Hajduk's sports director Ivica Surjak, who was also the one who contacted me now.

"But I think that this transfer won't happen or at least it is very hard to believe it will happen.

"It is my decision. And I wouldn't like to have any problems.

"My status at Austria Vienna should be clear by the end of the week. I probably won't be playing for them anymore, but we still have to find an agreement with the club leadership about the way we will go our separate ways."

Pavlovic was a member of Slovenia's World Cup squad, but did not get onto the pitch in Japan and Korea - reportedly because coach Srecko Katanec was unhappy with his performances in training.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Well, as for Linz and Helstad, interesting result agains Bulgarian champion Levski. It was said Schoko fields his first team, also used as starting eleven for Ried.

Result 3-0
Own goal (51.), Linz (70.) and Helstad (81.)

PMDF

·
Registered
488 Posts
I voted for Ziegler, Panis and Gile (not very creative but kind of likely). As far as the Norwegians are concerned I don't think that they will the among those who complain as I think that all three of them have a really good chance of becoming first team starters (Rushfeldt and Helstad should definately be in our starting 11)!

DF 4L

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
I think Helstad will start hitting top-form quite soon. For him and Kvisvik summer could bear a climatic problem (Rushfeldt should be used to heat - he's been to La Liga), but they'll get used to it.
I still believe Mayrleb will find his form again and Gilewicz will be the one on the stand. (And of course he'll score to get us to Portugal... ;))

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Mayrleb, Ziegler, Gilewicz.

My starting line-up:
Mandl
Hiden - Akoto - Ratajczyk - Dheedene
Janocko - Scharner/Hasek - Wagner - Kvisvik/Panis
Helstad - Rushfeldt

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Schachner revealed today his first line-up:

Mandl - Dospel, Akoto, Ratajczyk, Dheedene - Janocko, Flögel, Wagner (C), Panis - Rushfeldt, Gilewicz

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
At least 5 Austrians in the squad. Not totally surprising, as both Norwegians seem not 100% fit, but Flögel as defensive midfielder?

Not sure, how well Rush and Gile can work together, but nice to see Dospel.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts