Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
ampersand said:
how come your white boys suck?? :D
:confused: The answer is, of course, that they DON'T suck. ;) :D

Aside from the three you mentioned, we've had world-class stars such as Nilton Santos, Zagallo, Pepe, Rivelino, Gerson, Tostao, Marinho Chagas, Zico, Socrates, Roberto Dinamite, Renato Gaucho, Falcão, Rai, Leonardo, Bebeto, Jorginho (played for Bayern Munich in the 90s and won WC 94 with Rai and Bebeto), Ricardo Rocha, Ricardo Gomes, Juninho Paulista... and the newest generation has excellent prospects such as Daniel Carvalho, Dagoberto, Nilmar, Diego and Elano.
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Suggesting that white Brazucas "suck" is simply incorrect, and I wonder what could have possibly led you to this erroneous conclusion. :shades:

:smileani:

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Either way, stating that white Brasilian players 'suck' is not correct – and several of the players I mentioned are currently active. In recent times the Brazilian yellow shirt has been worn by Edmilson, Juninho Pernambucano, Edu, Renato, Diego, Julio Cesar, Felipe, Leo, Elano, Magrão, Ricardinho... then there are quality youngsters like Daniel Carvalho, Nilmar, Claudio Pitbull and Dagoberto. And I'm not even mentioning white Brazilian-born players who defend other National Teams, like Deco and Kevin Kuranyi.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
edmilson is very good and elano could become too, but speaking of exquisite players only:

il aready mentioned juninho, and maybe add ricardinho.
diego is rubbish, renato is not exquisite, julio cesar is a keeper, felipe, edu and gustavo nery are mediocre. i don't know of the rest but if you regard diego as great i must be suspicious of your judgement.

·
Administrator
30,826 Posts
Well, we like Diego and basically, white boys do not such, simple because this is a way to suggest the color of their skins cause them problem with the ball. I hope this is not the case...

·
Administrator
30,826 Posts
Alex is however a person with african background and he would not be in the list because of that since Kaka is the pretty white boy...This let clear how silly is thinking about the skin color and talent.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
JCamilo said:
This let clear how silly is thinking about the skin color and talent.
Exactly. Who cares what the skin color of a footballer is? :wth:

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
If you look at it that way (looking for a prettty white boy), Nilmar is prettier and I like his style better than Kaka´s but of course it is only my minority opinion

And anyway it is really a bad and racist way to make lists, and BTW Alex looks quite white to me, and it does not have any importance for a football player or for any person , for that matter

And I inocently believed that Brazil is not a racist country

·
Administrator
30,826 Posts
I will not destroy inocence, Brazil is not. However there is "wheres" and "whens" that such things happens, after all, we have a long heritage from slavery, so it is not easier to erase.
Of course, I find no football player pretty :)
As for racism and football and the debt we have with the black players there is no one better than the great Mario Filho, author of books such as "O Negro no Futebol Brasileiro", the best football book i ever read. I suppose that you Luz, can get it and read in portuguese (I have no information if there is a english version), it very very good.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I believe I can read a book in portuguese, but the problem is that there is no way of getting anything from Brazil on line, I wanted the book of Luxenburgo about Cruzeiro and the CD Cosmotron of the Skank dor example, but you can buy on line only if you are Brazilian

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Of course, it can be argued that nobody is racially 'pure' in Brazil, because the rule here is free miscigenation. And as JC pointed out, talent has nothing to do with skin pigmentation. We have talented footballers in MANY different shades. :proud:

·
Administrator
30,826 Posts
I believe I can read a book in portuguese, but the problem is that there is no way of getting anything from Brazil on line, I wanted the book of Luxenburgo about Cruzeiro and the CD Cosmotron of the Skank dor example, but you can buy on line only if you are Brazilian
Really ? I used to think that with an international credit card you could get anything anywhere. But then where have you looked ? Perhaps things can be helped out somehow

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
They always request the CPF number, even in the site of Alex nobody without this number could send a message, only now when his site is modified for Turkish fans

And I tried in many sites, always they ask for this number

I tried to bypass it, but to no avail

The same with O Globo who has a plan for Brazilians living abroad so they can see the Brazilerao and some other programs live on line

There was a demo, the quality was very good, the price more than reasonable, but as I wanted to subscribe, there is again this blasted CPF

I am afraid I am way off topic, sorry, and as about the many nuances of colour of skin in Brazil , the beauty is in the variety, I guess, but still in the telenovelas like "Family ties" usually the main protagonistas are white and most of the servants are of darker shades, It is better though in the newest productions

·
Administrator
30,826 Posts
Since in my opinion the topic was not very brightful, going off-topic will be actually helpfull.
Well, I guess it all depends of where you live. If there is a Brazilian bank (or a bank that works here) they may work this out of you. Also, there is the possibility of you sending the money to someone here to send to you the products...Everything is a matter of negociation...
The brazilian television is one of those places who still in the XIX century. For once they are often centered in the SP-RJ area, often deal with the public of middle class, etc. Result they present artists and ideas of the ideal (the rich class) which is often white skinned. They are changing, way slowly, but they are. (It is similar to hollywood's production, where blacks only find steriotyped characters to be in).
The great thing is such idea is hard to work out, because the big majority here have mixed blood and only here, in very specific points the european blood still "Pure", so the popular culture ends painting we all in the same color.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Yes, all of a sudden i remembered Fabio Rochembak

He is one of those - German name, looks like one, but his temperament is definitely not German

As to buying things, the best way may be that i send the money to somebody by Western Union and than he or she buy it and send it to me. Maybe I will do that

But it is frustrating that they offer the TV on line for people abroad and do not accept credit cards like all the world. i know many people who woud pay to see Brazilian football, for me it was especially important because I try to write on it in some forum and it is not easy to depend only on radio, sites , your forum and some clips of goals only from Minas Gerais or on some wonderful site that i discovered too late (Kaizer's site)

TV Alterosa klips has been most helpful, so was Itatiaia

Now to be a descarada I will continue the off topic and ask if somebody may open a thread for the sub 20 South American tournament

I have seen the list of players and do not know almnost nobody , except Gladstone, and There are 2 diego and I wondered if the one if from Inter and the other from Flamengo? and so on

And Renato, is he the on from the Galo??

A thread will be nice, and so links also

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Of course, I find no football player pretty
And not short of homophobic issues no?..jejejjej sorry J, I can't help myself, it was just there screaming to me to put this....no funny faces will save you..jajjajaj
BTW I expect at least a touche from you Gentleman, unless it sounds to much, glamorous=gay for you..damn!!, I did the same thing..what a sucker...

Anyway, regardless the OBVIOUS racism that exist in EVERY country, in our countries discrimination is more based in SOCIAL STATUS, because even with the well exposed "wheres" and "when" that J said, SA countries are way more integrated in their religious, social, racial, etc. differences than many even first world countries.

Nevertheless is an easy one step to abism this thread, is notorius that even producing great white football players, Kaka as latest example, something of a progressive NBA is going on, at least it seems.

The names of the stature of a Nilton, a Falcao. an Alemao, are harder to find nowadays, we must not be blind and the best by far this last years are in majority great black players, that sounds BTW like sublime poetry to my ears with the struggle they have to play in Brazil in early years.

The suck of Amper is typical of when we kind of get contagious with some typical xtratime words, I fall in overrated usually, and btw is a better way to call the attention...hey yellow press still works as far as I now.

But certainly is there some truth, I can be wrong, but the percentage of white players in the Senior for instance is droping year by year, the thing is, as long this has to do with the quality of the black fellows, is something to worry? HELL NO!!, send some striker to the south, preferently some new Ronaldo.

Is not like you have an obligatory cupon, percentage; they just gain the place cause they are better, and nothing denies in the future that if another Falcao appears he will make it in the NT.

In fact I think that there is some phisycal matter that has to do with it, the athletism of many black persons is above the normal standart of white dudes in football, and mainly because is not just a question of size, or power, they still bring the samba with them, my argies Klimowicz, Palermo, and endless list of big white fellows, of course non samba, but no stylish tango either.

The answer may be in genetics, a ground I wont dare to submerge, I've already discussed matters I touch by ear, in an irresponsible way, which btw is kind of my second name...I can't help myself...here I will be way to much irresponsible to even try, I have some ubication once in while....

BTW how is the U20 Sudamericano team formed? is there a bigger percentage of black kids, than the Senior?, that can be in some point a parameter...

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
ampersand said:
how come your white boys suck?? :D
:dielaugh: you are a funny guy!!! we could beat a lot of others NT with only white players in our Seleção :pp

1 - 20 of 42 Posts