Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some Dinamo supporters are saying that they will whistle and boo Kranjcar as he takes to the field for Croatia in our upcoming WC qualifier against Iceland.

Do the Dinamvci living in Croatia or in the diaspora (eusebio, purger and others) agree with them?

I don't, and I think it will be a sad sad day if anyone whistles at Kranjcar in Zagreb while he's wearing the Croatian shirt.

When Niko comes to Zagreb with Hajduk next season, they can whistle and hurl abuse all they like, but not like this. Not for Croatia.

No Croatian player should be whistled at home...no matter what.

your thoughts?

·
©
7,230 Posts
half the stadium will whistle him and half the stadium won't..

I don't agree with it, but it is probably a little unrealistic to think that he won't get whistled at.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
all the same, all those who wistle are seljaci in my opinion.

The last thing the Croatian national team needs is whistles from home fans..

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope he scores...then I'd like to see 'em whistle ;)

They'll cheer like they want his baby :)

·
International
8,545 Posts
Maybe they are seljaci, but maybe that's what Kranjcar is without them. You gotta remember something about these pro's, they're not pro's without the fans who buy the tickets, buy the merchandise and give a reason for companies to advertise.

So if they wanna whistle him they have every right to. You can't just expect people to completely separate club from country. People aren't machines and you can't just turn the emotions off when you want to. Kranjcar made his bed and now he has to sleep in it.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
of course you can. That's the whole point of supporting your country. When anyone wears the Croatian shirt, there is no way in hell I'd ever boo him. Even if he went from Zrinjski to Velez which is worse IMO.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think if they boo any NT player it will be detrimental to team morale and atmosphere, which equals not supporting your country fully.

do you disagree?

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I'll be there but i wont whistle to him.he will wear croatian jersey.
only if he missed empty goal:D

·
International
8,545 Posts
Who's to say, maybe it'll actually make Kranjcar do something for a change. Wouldn't that be wonderful, to actually play with 11 men in this qualifying round?

No they wouldn't be 'fully' supporting the team if they boo him but it's still only one player and one who brought it upon himself. But would this be anything new to our football? Don't we often here whistles during the game if we're not playing well? If you're gonna simplify it like that then we could say that we only 'fully' support our team when they're playing well which anybody could do. But when they're not playing well and they need our support most we don't give them full support. Now that doesn't help morale either.

I wouldn't personally boo but that's just me. But knowing full well that it'll happen I don't feel the least bit sorry for Kranjcar. Him and his father have been a detriment to the national team. Might as well be Hamilton Croatia U11 back in the day when the coach's son was the only guy on the team who didn't have to work hard or even earn his spot.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
But booing bad performance is one thing, booing befeore you see the performance is a whole other one.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Ero said:
The last thing the Croatian national team needs is whistles from home fans..
Agreed.

They're lucky they're even there to boo him, in a half-built stadium where they get to watch every game.

They should be booing the Savez and the crooks who manage Dinamo.

Kranjcar shouldn't be booed for the disaster that fell on him, this wasn't his first choice to leave Dinamo, he wasn't playing because of them uprava there, and he's a professional and he needs to get his games in.

This is the same uprava who promised us a beautiful stadium, that would have been the best around and look at what we got....

They shouldn't even be playing there.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
i would not boo him cuz he is represent our country we need to support our boys and put all the shit aside for 2 games . When kranjcar comes with hajduk boo all the hell you want.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
I would never boo a Dinamo player playing for the repka in Split, but like Ivo said, that's just me. Some people will, some won't. that's just the way it is, nazalost. You guys mention booing Niko in Zg next year, but who knows if he will even be a Hajduk player come next season. Personally, I think he's bailing out as soon as a decent offer comes in.

·
©
7,230 Posts
Ljubuski said:
he wasn't playing because of them uprava there, and he's a professional and he needs to get his games in.
I don't agree with this. He wasn't playing because he couldn't last a half of football due to him not working hard enough.

It is a different situation to booing a normal Hajduk player, or booing a normal dinamo player. This is a Dinamo captain who left to go to Split a few months ago and this will be the first time he will return to Maksimir.

Alot of BBB, Torcida, Armada or whatever are club before country fans. That is just the way it is, so expect some booing.

I read a Suker interview last week and he wants Niko to leave Hajduk at the end of the season and go to a big European league.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
If he wasn't fit enough to play for Dinamo a few months ago how on earth is he fit enough to play for Hajduk.

So let me get this straight he wasn't ready to play as captain for a relegation club, that has no stadium, and spends as much time whoremongering as training.

While upon arrival at Hajduk he starts, scores, as a newcomer from the hated northern club.

Hajduk must have some warped standards of fitness if Niko can play for them and manage to stay on top of the league, while Dinamo's ultra-fitness standards must align themselves with a 'how-to' book from Peter North.

With the uprava in shambles the way it is and the insane coaching changes D11, there must have been at least some major influence from up top.

Cheers

·
©
7,230 Posts
When he went to Hajduk he went straight to preparations which is important and he did personal fitness training which he rejected at dinamo previously. He has to work now in order to prove himself.

Why would the dinamo uprava bench him? They can only lose out by benching him, but the reality is that he didn't play one good league game for dinamo in the first half of the season. Not that he is playing great at Hajduk either..

We will see what he does in the next few days for the NT.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts