Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious and maybe people from other forums can post here, but I wonder if other teams have resident whipping boys like we do. In this forum, Emerson, Favalli and it used to be Brocchi were criticised no matter what they did/do. If they come on the pitch, regardless of the situation, it is a crime and people howl about the manager's choices. Winning or losing or what, it is apparently never reasonable to play these players.

So, who are teh whipping boys of other clubs around teh world?

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TRue. Raul is the least respected great player out there.

Del Piero used to be one too.

·
Scudetto
23,465 Posts
At Inter I would say Stankovic is probably one.

Molinaro at Juve.

Amazingly I can't think of many. Looks like we got a lot :(

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Currently it's Molinaro above all. But De Ceglie looks like he's going to win that spot, so the abuse might secede.

We have a torrid history with left backs for some reason.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At Inter I would say Stankovic is probably one.

Molinaro at Juve.

Amazingly I can't think of many. Looks like we got a lot :(

Maybe, but I also think as fans this forum is incredibly hard on certain players. Hell, if somebody as productive as Seedorf gets a lot of crap (or used to) then somebody must be up. ;)

Hell, Gattuso used to be a whipping boy.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And BTW, they're more generally called scapegoats.

For us they are whipping boys. Favalli and Emerson rarely have any impact on a game, positive or negative, and yet they are constantly talked about and dissed. ITs not like Gila, who at least was playing a lot and thus had some impact on the game.

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
dont forget Carlo and Galiani ;) and at times even Silvio.

Del Piero qualifies only for the NT.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
So, who are teh whipping boys of other clubs around teh world?
the thread title got me worried....

São Paulo is Richardlyson, hopefully he gets sold to Milan :D

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
At Real Madrid... Raul, Cannavaro, Salgado, and Saviola.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
the thread title got me worried....

São Paulo is Richardlyson, hopefully he gets sold to Milan :D
Is it because of his sexual preferences?:embarass:

·
Registered
13,856 Posts
I was an expert on posting shit about Bierhoff even when he was our top scorer. And I was not alone at all...

Olding players tend to take all the crap, specially if they stay at the same team for long. Raúl is the best example. On other italian teams, I remember a lot of criticism to Delvecchio from Roma fans back then.

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Seedorf has no pace, gives away the ball cheaply, lazy and doesn't track back, slows down our play too much, tries pretty stuff when a simple pass is more effective... Have I missed out anything? :notlist:

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dont forget Carlo and Galiani ;) and at times even Silvio.

Del Piero qualifies only for the NT.

No, about 6 or 7 years ago when Del Piero was coming back from injury and only scored on PKs he was constantly being dissed by fans on all sides.

At Real Madrid... Raul, Cannavaro, Salgado, and Saviola.
Saviola has never seemed to fit in anywhere besides being an incredibly gifted player. I still don't understand it.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was an expert on posting shit about Bierhoff even when he was our top scorer. And I was not alone at all...

Olding players tend to take all the crap, specially if they stay at the same team for long. Raúl is the best example. On other italian teams, I remember a lot of criticism to Delvecchio from Roma fans back then.

Yeah, Bierhoff got a lot of crap around here....me being the top disser of them all:D

Not appreciating Raul is just plain sad. shows the fans have no real respect or love or simple understanding of the game. He just scores goals plain and simple. He's not pretty or crafty, but much like Muller and Inzaghi the guy just knows where teh ball will be and by doing simple things he scores. Of course going through that dry spell didn't help.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts