Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this is probably similair to some other threads but I'm sure we'll get over it.

Since Lippi is trying out all these new players who do you think should be given a chance? Please say why. Also out of the old players who do you think should not be called up or who should be called. Just to avoid confontation please avoid talking about Del Piero- we have had enough threads about him. Also what about Vieri he has been hitting his stride recently.

For me I believe that Langella deserves a call up soon, as well as De Scantis. Has Lupatelli been called up yet.

Thankyou very much.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
De Sanctis is not considered young anymore but boy does he deserve a call-up or what.

I don't know about Langella but I'm sure that Lippi is looking at everyone very closely, especially the young ones, so he's on top of it. If we have to praise Lippi about something it has to be that he has concentrated on giving young promising players the nod and that's very encouraging.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Maresca

I vote for Maresca to be given a chance to play!!

I think he would be a great back-up to De rossi.
or even replace pirlo in that deep mid-field position. :dielaugh:

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Maresca

----------------------------------Totti
----------------Maresca----------De rossi-----------Gattuso

my dream midfiled line

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
Goalkeeping position debating is irrelevant :rollani: since we have so many quality keepers and since Buffon if healthy can keep his number 1 role for atleast 6 more years. Keepers like Cudicini and Roma are formidable and not even considered, let alone De Sanctis of course and many other like Castellazzi who is excellent too. It's irrelevant anyway. If we're talking about young keepers, Pellizoli is the only one relevant to discuss now (others in a few years), but that too is not a very interesting issue at the moment.

·
Registered
17,820 Posts
ehfvkfao said:
Maresca

----------------------------------Totti
----------------Maresca----------De rossi-----------Gattuso

my dream midfiled line
nah man, you need pirlo. hes our best midfielder and he's literally, THE, difference italy has over other teams. He is a unique player in the world. He is pure gold.

insert pirlo instead of maresca and switch de rossi with him.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I worded the thread wrongly. I should have said something like what 'fringe' player deserves a call-up for the national team. Pirri how would you rate his technique?

·
Registered
287 Posts
I agree that the NT needs Pirlo. The NT team desperately need's a center midfielder who can control and distribute the ball, and has good vision to link up with the forward's. Granted Pirlo does give up alittle in speed and agressiveness. But he does make up for it in the quality's i've mentioned. And he is the best MD in Italy with these quality's. The best MD Italy has to offer write now is Gattuso, Pirlo, Derossi. But I do think Blasi will take over from Gattuso in the near future being he is stronger phisically and technically than gattuso.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Mago said:
Maresca is better than Pirlo.
me too
clearly pirlo is very well in milan but he never impress in NT
milan is best team for pirlo
in milan his ability being maximum
maresca best DM with derossi,gatuso in nowadays.

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
i think i would give a chance to both Iaquinta(1979) and Di Michele(1976) ..well aren't that young maybe but are so impressive this season ( at least until now)

1 - 20 of 78 Posts