Xtratime Community banner

Which title would you rather see Real Madrid win this year?

• Champions League (we are going for #9)

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • Spanish Liga (we are going for #29)

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Either one! We need to win some silverware this year

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poll requested by Che

Which title is more important for you, the Champions League or the Spanish Liga?

We are in the hunt for either or both titles at the moment. It will be a difficult task to win either one, let alone both.

Which one of the two is more valuable to you?

Vote and comment! :)

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
I would be happy with either one, better yet both, but to me the Champions League is slightly more important. The European Cup and the eight titles are part of what have made Real Madrid so great and club of the century.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Thank you Lestat!

I voted for the champions league!

The ECL is more visable and prestigious than the domestic crowns, only due to revenue that is generated and the talent that it attracts.

If we had not won the ECL 2 out 5 years and favorites to win again I think you could say that players like Zizou & Figo would have not joined (at least in Zizou case).

Everyone from the Europe remember us playing in a all spainish final in Paris but can they remember who who the title that year??

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
gee,its a tough call.I've thought about it so many times and almost every year.

to me,seriously,they are both equal.IMO,winning the best league in the world over 38 games is as great an achievement as winning the most recognized competition in the world.

Sure,winning the UCL gains us more exposure and recognition,but for me as a fan,I think I would cherish both equally.It's all about which one would make me as a fan happier,and I don't think when I'm rejoicing,I'll think too much about how much exposure and what not it gains us.It'll be all about what a glorious run to the title was,and i'll look back on the good moments of the campaign.Whichever campaign it is.

but we'll win both hopefully.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would prefer to see us win the CL, but honestly, either win will make me :happy: :proud:

We have seen how tough the competitions have become, and to lift either title it will be a great achievment!

Lets hope the guys don't let us down! :D

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
ChL. I am 100% certain we'll meet Bayer in the final, and win this competition.
Both would be nice, but if we have to fail on one front, people will give us lesser of a hard time if we take the ChL only. It's more prestigious, especially now when we won the league a year ago.

Personally, setting aside what "others" think I cherish the spanish league just as highly, but as one Spaniard once told me... "nobody cares if we win another league title, if we take out Atletico again and again... the only thing that can still motivate this club to keep on going, is setting an unobtainable gap between themselves and the rest in terms of ChL trophies".
Those were the words of a 50 year Merengue, and understandably I can't quite relate to it totally, but he has a point.

But don't worry guys... I am rarely so calm in my prediction, but it's Real - Bayer 1000%. We take'm out like we did valencia 2 years ago. I said that if Real take out Bayern, and Bayer take out Liverpool, this will be the scenario.
And so it shall:stuckup::D

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Labas,

I am trying to guess what will you say IF your prediction doesn't come true.....hmmmmmm :D

·
Registered
721 Posts
A por la novena!

I think CL is the trophy the players want the most, even though la liga is just as difficult to achieve. Just think about it, el Madrid are up against Barcelona and will do everything in their power to go to the final. I think we have a fair chance of beating Barca, and if we are going to Glasgow, well, Real Madrid have lost just two finals out of ten...

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
It's la Campeon de Europa that make us a special team...

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think we shot ourselves in the foot now, and lost liga. Unless Valencia and Deportivo do the same, our chances are over.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
This poll was up last year as well, and if i remember correct we voted for La Liga being more important cause of the long time between the last time we won it.

I agree La Liga is VERY prestigious to win these days and its not like you gotto win two of them to make up the worth of one European title, but iam still voting for CL.

The way a CL trophee is remembered makes it much more attractive to win though, and loosing it this year (and especially if Barca would win it :eek: ) would be a deep scar and the Catalans would remind us of it each day (those bastards ;) ).

So CL is my top priority, and probably ZZ's too :)

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Vamps, we lost a great opportunity to take a stranglehold on the league but anything can happen, I wouldnt count us out of it just yet. Depor v Valencia is a very big match next week and hopefully will work in our favour. All we can say at this stage is that it will be tight and will probably go down to the wire. The funny thing is its happening all over Europe with really close championships all over the place.

Which title is or important? I cant choose as both are equally as important. The league coz its an achievement over so many matches and it shows who is the most consistent team. The CL coz... its the CL and it holds a special place in our history.

labas, its interesting what you say about Bayer. Manu will have 2 key players missing but I still think fancy them to take out the Germans. From a football point of view Real v ManU would be the perfect football match. If we beat Barca and Bayer get through then I would be VERY happy as I am guaranteed tickets for the final which would be a dream!!!!

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,480 Posts
You should have included a 4th Option..... BOTH .....IMO They're BOTH equally important and BOTH must be attained !!!

:cap:

Dont forget that in a year when we have had a chance to win 3 cups..we just cant settle for only one ...Please !!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
well,as i said before,I can't choose now,but I can bet if we win only 1,that's going to be the one that I'll say was more important to me.:D:eek:

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Helguera cherishes hopes for winning champion's title

Helguera cherishes hopes for winning champion's title
MADRID, April 15 (DS) - Real Madrid midfielder Ivan Helguera announced his side's 1-3 away defeat to Osasuna must not impact on the Royal Club's pretension for the champion's title. He said: "Now we depend on ourselves. Maybe, Valencia v Deportivo match will return us to our former state, and that's why we hope that we still stand chances of winning the champion's title."
Helguera thinks if Real win over Tenerife then they can return self-confidence.
"I think we play better at home than away and we are obliged to win this match," he added.
Real can benefit from Helguera's sent-off because the midfielder can rest and collect his strength for the Champions League semifinal match against FC Barcelona. However, it cannot console Helguera.
"Our team lost to Osasuna and one of its reasons was the fact that we remained ten in the second half. But despite it, we played well and if we were with the complete squad then we could end the game in a draw. Besides, yesterday Osasuna played very well," the midfielder concluded.

----------------

not only Zizou but Figo lifting the ECL with the white shirts would be extra salt in the festering wound called the barca soul!
:devil:

·
Registered
931 Posts
CL is Wold's best competition

I think Real Madrid is the greatest one because we overcoming the best teams of the World in CL. IMO La Liga is a good and prestigious title but CL is the most valuable

·
Registered
765 Posts
I wish you luck in your attempt to win the CL, esp. if you play Man U.
But please ... let us win La Liga ... hey, it's been more than 30 years!!
Amunt Valencia ... and Good luck in the semis ... - C

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
I voted for La Novena
did not have to think twice
right now i will sign loosing La Liga just to get the Champions League, and this comes from a man who like gambling ;)

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
CL is a prestige moment for Real, it was the moment to prove the world that Real Madrid is number one. But it still a long way to get there..

So, cross your finger, guys.. either way, I would like to see Real win one of those trophies...

Spain Rock !!!
:cool: :D :D :D :D :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool: ;) ;) ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts