Xtratime Community banner

Which teams will qualify to the 2nd round?

• Japan - Russia

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Japan - Belgium

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Japan - Tunisia

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Russia - Belgium

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Russia - Tunisia

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Belgium - Tunisia

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMO

Japan will top this group, they are playing very well and the home suppot will be huge FIRST

Russia edges the other two teams talent wise SECOND

Belgium solid but nothing more THIRD

Tunisia this team is in disarray Fourth

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Very difficult. Russia and Belgium are the strongest teams, but the home advantage speaks for Japan, so I think Japan and Russia...

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Japan and Russia for sure, i'll even bet $50 on it, too bad i'm still under age
btw, who's the bum who voted for Tunisia & Japan, Tunisia :dielaugh: they can't even afford to fly to Japan, they ran to Japan on foot, no offence to anyone of course

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Alarich said:

btw, who's the bum who voted for Tunisia & Japan, Tunisia :dielaugh: they can't even afford to fly to Japan, they ran to Japan on foot, no offence to anyone of course

I will give you so much s*it at school if Japan beat Tunisia :D Be carful what you say Alarich, home advantage can backfire sometimes ;)

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Alarich said:
Japan and Russia for sure, i'll even bet $50 on it, too bad i'm still under age
That would be me :) Japan is a solid team no doubt about it but in a recent friendly they were blown away 3-0 by Norway well when Tunis played Norway in March it ended 0-0. Now that may mean very little but I really hope Japan, Russia and Belgium have the same arrogance as most users here because that is will defenitly be an advantage to Tunisia just as was the case for Tunisia in 78, Cameroon and Algeria in 82, Morocco in 86 etc etc I love the mindset "We don't know anything about them so they must suck".

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
first of all, i never said Tunisia sucked, any team that has made it into the World Cup is obviously a good team with good players, other wise they wouldn't be there in the first place, but what i'm trying to say is that, out of the 4 teams in this group, Tunisia is more likely to finish last, not because they are crap, but because the other teams r better than them. take Japan for example, in the 98' WC they lose all 3 of their game, does that mean they're crap, no, it just means that the other teams were better than them.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Tunis4life said:

That would be me :) Japan is a solid team no doubt about it but in a recent friendly they were blown away 3-0 by Norway well when Tunis played Norway in March it ended 0-0\\

Don't bother tewlling him man he knows nothing about football :D

·
International
8,545 Posts
I voted for Japan and Belgium. The Belgians don't get enough credit and I think Russia is overrated, although I don't understand why...meaning why do people rate Russia highly at all?

Japan has come a long way and I think their home advantage will be a big one.

I'm not familiar enough with Tunisia.

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Imo, this is the weakest group

I think it will be Japan, Belgium, Russia, then Tunisia

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,487 Posts
1Belgium 2Russia In that order too !!!!!!!!!! :cool:

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Japan might make history here with being the first Asian country to advance to the second round ....

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Lazindo01 said:
Japan might make history here with being the first Asian country to advance to the second round ....

Actually North Korea I think made the second round of the 1966 World Cup where they lost 5-3 to Portugal after leading 3-0. Eusebio scored a hattrick I think.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
i voted for russia and belgium but japan might pull out an upset over here..

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I think it'll be:
*Japan first because of the home advantage
*Belgium second because they have a very well organised team that beat France with that system but if they hadn't these coach problems I'd predict 1st for them...
*Russia's best players are pretty old and not too fast, others totally inexperienced, have struggled in friendlies
*Tunisia have simply no chance, I think they'll end up with 0 points.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
bailemos said:
I think it'll be:
*Japan first because of the home advantage
*Belgium second because they have a very well organised team that beat France with that system but if they hadn't these coach problems I'd predict 1st for them...
*Russia's best players are pretty old and not too fast, others totally inexperienced, have struggled in friendlies
*Tunisia have simply no chance, I think they'll end up with 0 points.

Bailemos, you're right, in WC home is the most important advantage, proven by last WC... anyway soccer is the most popular sport in Japan along with baseball, so you can expect to see full-stadium on every match ....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.