Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which team do you think will have the worst record in the upcoming World Cup?

My vote goes to Ecuador (sorry if we have any Ecuadorian here ;) ). They have shown no promise in the friendly matches. Moreover they have to play in a rather difficult group along with Italy, Croatia, and Mexico. The only chance they have is that they will be playing an out-of-shape Mexico. Other than Ecuador, Senegal is also located in a difficult group (France, Uruguay, and Denamrk), however since I ahven't observed any of thei games, I can't make any comments. South Africa is also not in a good shape, however they are not in a hard group...

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Tunisia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal etc. are all candidates for the last spot. (Sorry to any of these)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Probably, Tunisia, China, or the US, sorry:cry: Hopefully, Brazil:D

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
heck, goal difference will decide it, there will surely be some teams that lose al three games, but how many goals will they concede?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think US are going to lose all three matches. They are in an easy group.
I hope Saudi Arabia loses all their three matches! :D (b/c they qualified to world cup instead of Iran :( ) . I hope Ireland can teach them a good lesson! :D

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
X-Ray said:
Which team do you think will have the worst record in the upcoming World Cup?

My vote goes to Ecuador (sorry if we have any Ecuadorian here ;) ). They have shown no promise in the friendly matches. Moreover they have to play in a rather difficult group along with Italy, Croatia, and Mexico. The only chance they have is that they will be playing an out-of-shape Mexico. Other than Ecuador,
You are the first guy I hear say that Ecuador is basically terrible or as you put it, shows no promise. Let's see this year's friendly results:

Ecuador 1 - Guatemala 0
Ecuador 0 - Haiti 2
Ecuador 2 - Canada 0
Ecuador 1 - Turkey 0
Ecuador 0 - USA 1
Ecuador 3 - Bulgaria 0
Ecuador 0 - South Africa 0

Of those games only the Turkey and Bulgaria games they were missing less than 3 starters.

If you throw away the Haiti game as an aberration, they have only given up 1 goal in 6 games or 3 goals in 7 games.

Yes they have a tough group which they will probably not come out of. But I doubt that they will lose the 3 games. That is something they haven't done in years playing opponents just as tough.

:cool:

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Ecuador won't finish last in my view. hey have a good team that is capable of causing the Italians, Croatians and Mexicans some headaches. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up with at least one win from the tournament.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ecuador...

OK! I must admit that I haven't seen many matches from Ecuadorian side, however I saw a steady, non-aggressive team against USA. Well, maybe that match was an exception, along with the match against South Africa, for which I saw the highlights (there were no highlights!!! a couple of wide shots! :D ). I know all of the South American teams have enough talents to change the results of any football games, but I just stated my opinion. Who knows? Maybe they actually qualified from their group. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
85 Posts
could be any of these three: Ecuador, Tunisia (yet to score a goal in 2002) and South Africa

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
With all due respect to Ecuadorians, I think Ecuador is going to come last. Until today I didnt even know that they were playing in the WC.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
No wonder you got these results, look who you played! hardly good sides.

Ecuador 1 - Guatemala 0
Ecuador 0 - Haiti 2
Ecuador 2 - Canada 0
Ecuador 1 - Turkey 0
Ecuador 0 - USA 1
Ecuador 3 - Bulgaria 0
Ecuador 0 - South Africa 0

Ecuador last!
:fero:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts