Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just thinking: With Cisse back next season, you Liverpudlians & Scousers will have Morientes, Baros & Cisse to choose from. Which will be your preferred partnership or if you prefer a lone striker formation, which of the three would you choose?

BTW 15 more days before the avatar's OFF :doh:

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
zack_manutd said:
I was just thinking: With Cisse back next season, you Liverpudlians & Scousers will have Morientes, Baros & Cisse to choose from. Which will be your preferred partnership or if you prefer a lone striker formation, which of the three would you choose?

BTW 15 more days before the avatar's OFF :doh:
It all depends on Cisse, weather he returns as good as before or weather he returns as a shoadow of his former self. Before his injury I would of took Cisse over Baros deffinetley.

Morientes is a deffinate starter as he offers something different from Cisse and Baros.

:lick: 15 days and counting

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Morientes and Baros will start the season off in all likelyness, but Rafa with a full squad opts for rotation so i think Cisse, Mori and Baros will be rotated, and whoever isnt on form will simply be dropped for the waiting striker, or strikers if Sinama's given more trust.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
--------Morientes------------
--Baros-------------Cisse----
------Alonso---Gerrard-------
---------Hamann-------------
Riise---------------------Finnan
------Hyypia---Carragher------
-----------Biscan:eek: ------------

not to bad :eek:

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
If we are playing all three together, then we need Kewell to play so that gerrard & alonso can help out defending.

It depends on the opposition, our current injury situation at the time, the prize at stake and of course form. A Moro-Baros partnership will have guile and speed, a Baros-Ciise partnership will have pace and power and a Moro-Ciise partnership will be direct.

To me, its hard to even speculate now because Rafa is still in the process of eliminating players from our squad list. By next season, he will have brought in certain players which he thinks will improve certain important areas in our game play.

The partnership for next season has to be a partnership that maximizes the potential of our squad next season and that will hugely enhances our attacking plays, at the same time, providing balance to the defence as well.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Fernando Morientes is a pure target-man.

If you're going to have the likes of Xabi Alonso, Kewell and Gerrard(hopefully not[Real]), then it's essential to put Moro in the line-up. He can get hit with those crosses and air balls because of his size, and is one of the best headers in the world.

I hope you guys realize how special of a player you guys have in El Moro, and to treat him with the respect and playing time he deserves; unlike Senhor Perez.

·
Registered
302 Posts
FigoIsGod said:
Fernando Morientes is a pure target-man.

If you're going to have the likes of Xabi Alonso, Kewell and Gerrard(hopefully not[Real]), then it's essential to put Moro in the line-up. He can get hit with those crosses and air balls because of his size, and is one of the best headers in the world.

I hope you guys realize how special of a player you guys have in El Moro, and to treat him with the respect and playing time he deserves; unlike Senhor Perez.

Hello RIAL(its Captain Conservative), thanks for the recommend, this forum is pretty good. I wish i'd seen the game, it seems like El Moro really impressed the Liverpool Nation. I can't wait to see him play again. He is not only a special player, but an amazing guy from everything I read and see.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
FigoIsGod said:
With a fellow spaniard who had been chasing Moro for half the season and also at Valencia before that at the helm, plus our current lack of a striker to idolize (Baros only started playing regularly this season), and also how much the board pusehd the transfer, God willing that won't be the case my friend :cool: :)

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
in return, I hope u know what kind of a special player Micheal Owen is.. and treat him with the respect that he deserves, unlike how a lot of Real fans have been doing till now.. literally blaming him for Moro's departure.. while he's been one of ur most productive players.. that's whenever he's been given the chance.. ;)

Oh and Baros is an attacker.. the debate between striker and forward is a large one.. but he's no winger.. or link up or any of that.. he's an attacker.. his eye for goal, his attitude with and without the ball simply shout it :)

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Yasir said:
in return, I hope u know what kind of a special player Micheal Owen is.. and treat him with the respect that he deserves, unlike how a lot of Real fans have been doing till now.. literally blaming him for Moro's departure.. while he's been one of ur most productive players.. that's whenever he's been given the chance.. ;)
:proud: :star: :thumbsup:
Very good post

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
Yasir said:
In essence we have traded our hometown boys. Good post Yas.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Yasir said:
Michael Owen has done well for us, but let me make this clear... I am not a fan of his and I wish he never came to the team.

You can lump me in with those Real fans you speak of because we have a sour taste in our mouths watching El Moro depart. Just like we had that taste when del Bosque, Redondo, Hierro and Makelele left.

I don't want any Englishmen at Madrid except for Gerrard or Lampard.

·
Registered
123 Posts

BTW 15 more days before the avatar's OFF
i dont think people can really say who they would be prefer out of the three at the moment, because morientes has only scored one goal for the reds and only played three or four games for them, i think to make a fair comment about this topic, you would have to wait for him to get a few more caps for the club.

also unfortunatly cisse's injury is a major one and he may never play like he could before he became injured. however he is hoping to speed up his recovery and is starting to under-go some light gym work.

lets say morientes settled in well and cisse came back and played exactly like he dod before his injury. if that was the case then i would like to see cisse and morientes partnering eachother, i think they would be a perfect partnership. they are to very different players however could link up really well together.

baros would then be good cover, should liverpool get any more injurys.

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
taylorowl23 said:
i dont think people can really say who they would be prefer out of the three at the moment, because morientes has only scored one goal for the reds and only played three or four games for them, i think to make a fair comment about this topic, you would have to wait for him to get a few more caps for the club.

also unfortunatly cisse's injury is a major one and he may never play like he could before he became injured. however he is hoping to speed up his recovery and is starting to under-go some light gym work.

lets say morientes settled in well and cisse came back and played exactly like he dod before his injury. if that was the case then i would like to see cisse and morientes partnering eachother, i think they would be a perfect partnership. they are to very different players however could link up really well together.

baros would then be good cover, should liverpool get any more injurys.

with all the CM threads going around, how bout this?

next season:

Baros - Cisse - Morientes
Riise - Alonso - Gerrard
LB - Hyypia - Carra - Finnan

That would be quite a sight :p

·
Registered
302 Posts
Owenization-NRG said:
with all the CM threads going around, how bout this?

next season:

Baros - Cisse - Morientes
Riise - Alonso - Gerrard
LB - Hyypia - Carra - Finnan

That would be quite a sight :p
I'd prefer:

Baros-Moro-Cisse
Kewell-Alonso-Gerrard
Riise-CB-Carra-RB

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
That would work, yes moro in the center would be sweet. but since kewell wasn't as productive this season as we want him to be, i put Riise in there.

All that said, that is a risky formation to play imo. but would be great to see none the less :D

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Liverbird as our left back? You are a true patriot, Owen! :)

if Kewell (unlikely, but if) is back then I'd say:

Kewell, Mori, Baros as our forward line. I doubt the 3 that you mentioned would work together.

·
Registered
302 Posts
FigoIsGod said:
Michael Owen has done well for us, but let me make this clear... I am not a fan of his and I wish he never came to the team.

You can lump me in with those Real fans you speak of because we have a sour taste in our mouths watching El Moro depart. Just like we had that taste when del Bosque, Redondo, Hierro and Makelele left.

I don't want any Englishmen at Madrid except for Gerrard or Lampard.

You wouldn't want John Terry, Sean Wright Phillips, Rio Ferdinand or Ashley Cole at your club?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts