Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which players do you feel got a raw deal playing for their National teams and should've featued far more often?Some of mine are Baggio,Di Canio(possibly)Zola,Vialli,Mancini,Simone,Ginola,Cantona.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
well, to me the first name that comes to mind is Ginola...he truly got the raw end of the deal after his blunder in 93' against the bulgarians...and defintely baggio deserves a mention

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
In the 70s England had loads under anti-football man Don Revie.

Charlie George, Rodney Marsh, Stan Bowles, Alan Hudson plus many more.

Glen Hoddle was under-used, he should have won 100 caps and had a team built around him but the media kept saying that he couldn't tackle. :rollani:

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
In the 70s England had loads under anti-football man Don Revie.

Charlie George, Rodney Marsh, Stan Bowles, Alan Hudson plus many more.

Glen Hoddle was under-used, he should have won 100 caps and had a team built around him but the media kept saying that he couldn't tackle. :rollani:
I thought you didn't like Hoddle because he played for the spurs :dazed:

·
Registered
504 Posts
Definitely Aimar...he shouldve played more in WC2002 ahead of Veron and Pekerman never calls him up, when he does call him up he leaves him on the bench.

Fortunately he got called up for the next friendly vs. Croatia but i wont be surprised if he doesnt play.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Definitely Aimar
nah he played anyway, more raw deal, because of diff. reasons: Riquelme, Gallardo, Ramon Diaz, Redondo, Bochini, Alonso, JJLopez!!!, etc..etc..in fact Di Stefano and Sivori should played a lot more. Aimar is not even close to them.

·
Registered
27,298 Posts
Bandiera said:
Which players do you feel got a raw deal playing for their National teams and should've featued far more often?Some of mine are Baggio,Di Canio(possibly)Zola,Vialli,Mancini,Simone,Ginola,Cantona.
Mancini, the Brazillian, or the Italian?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts