Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just thinking about this, which player in World Football do you think has a game similar to yours? I mean in terms of playing style and technique?

I'd say my game is in the mould of this guy:

Also, what perceptions do you have of other XT members? :pp

I've always thought of Jern as a Tony Adams :D, Onree as a pub-team LB/LW :D, and Koeman4 as a butcher CB...en la Segunda. :D

·
Registered
4,099 Posts

I'll keep out everything the opposition throws at me, but pass the ball back to my feet at your peril

·
Registered
7,880 Posts

Been told Im a mixture of these two. Play for 5 minutes a match comparable to the amount of time Zidane decided to play in 2006 but during that time I am fantastic.

The rest of the time generally cant pass, cant shoot, play overly agressive fouling and the occasional headbutt when Im looking for the MOTM award.

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts

just can't be f*cked anymore

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Oh, it's a mixture of things.

I have the disappearing talent of Recoba, the left foot of Paramatti, the pace of Zalayeta, the ball reception of Boumsong, the reflexes of Esnaider, the hustle of Trezeguet and the marking skills of Zidane.

[/very old joke (but it fits)]

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Madridista4 said:
I've always thought of Jern as a Tony Adams :D, Onree as a pub-team LB/LW :D, and Koeman4 as a butcher CB...en la Segunda. :D
:D

Sure... I was like that in school... don't get me wrong, I always wanted to be like Guardiola (like the guy of your choice), but I am very limited, so the best way to make people notice me was to break legs...

So I'd be an awful version of Javi Navarro, Pablo Alfaro or Materazzi. :D

·
40,147 Posts
In fact, Sevilla betray their tradition... without Alfaro... now they have these silly classy CBs like Escude, what happened with Diego, Martagon, Pablo Alfaro... those were CBs... maybe you're used to this in England, but when I talk about "terrorists" of football, this is what I'm talking about. Sevilla used to have the most scary couple of CBs that you can imagine.

... and in the early 90s, they added Bilardo to that spirit. I remember a Depor-Sevilla. A Sevilla player kicked a Depor guy in front of Bilardo's bench. The doctor of Sevilla jumped to take care of the Sevilla guy and Bilardo got mad and started to scream "what the **** are you doing? The ones with the red shirt are our guys, you have to step on the rivals, STEP ON HIM!!".

This have a 2nd part... that year Zaragoza and Chelsea faced each other in the Cup Winners' Cup. In Zaragoza, Chelsea was humilliated and their fans got mad and started to throw sits and other missils to the local fans and the pitch. Obviously, the police reacted hitting the Chelsea fans to stop the riots of the hooligans in the stands. Then the Zaragoza fans, who were enjoying the view of it, started to sing "PISALO, PISALO" (step on him in Spanish). I recall that I was watching it in Eurosport and the commentator, so dumb, said "oh, how nice from the Zaragoza fans. They want the police to stop the attack on the Chelsea fans and they scream peace and love"... :D

Peace and love... Pisalo... Peace and love... pisalo... It was great. :D

·
40,147 Posts
Now you may wonder why I attack Makelele, Essien, Sissoko, Gattuso and those cabrones... it's easy. I know they do what they do to hide their incompetence just as I did. :D

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Koeman4 said:
In fact, Sevilla betray their tradition... without Alfaro... now they have these silly classy CBs like Escude, what happened with Diego, Martagon, Pablo Alfaro... those were CBs... maybe you're used to this in England, but when I talk about "terrorists" of football, this is what I'm talking about. Sevilla used to have the most scary couple of CBs that you can imagine.

... and in the early 90s, they added Bilardo to that spirit. I remember a Depor-Sevilla. A Sevilla player kicked a Depor guy in front of Bilardo's bench. The doctor of Sevilla jumped to take care of the Sevilla guy and Bilardo got mad and started to scream "what the **** are you doing? The ones with the red shirt are our guys, you have to step on the rivals, STEP ON HIM!!".

This have a 2nd part... that year Zaragoza and Chelsea faced each other in the Cup Winners' Cup. In Zaragoza, Chelsea was humilliated and their fans got mad and started to throw sits and other missils to the local fans and the pitch. Obviously, the police reacted hitting the Chelsea fans to stop the riots of the hooligans in the stands. Then the Zaragoza fans, who were enjoying the view of it, started to sing "PISALO, PISALO" (step on him in Spanish). I recall that I was watching it in Eurosport and the commentator, so dumb, said "oh, how nice from the Zaragoza fans. They want the police to stop the attack on the Chelsea fans and they scream peace and love"... :D

Peace and love... Pisalo... Peace and love... pisalo... It was great. :D
:howler: :thumbsup:

Sevilla need to start injecting their youth team CBs with steroids. :pp

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Me.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Oleguer.
Most of the time the least talented player of my team, but for some reason the best thing since sliced bread.
:stuckup:

1 - 20 of 82 Posts