Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which player from your club would you most hate to see playing for another club? Which player leaving your club would cause you to feel the most hurt and pain? It doesn't have to necessarily be the best player or famous player at your club, just the one that you most identify with.

For me as a Barca fan, I would hate to see Puyol leave. He's the heart, soul, brain, arms, legs and more of Barca, and even the thought of Puyol playing in the jersey of another team, whoever it is, makes me sick.

What about the rest of you?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Well for Roma Totti is the obvious answer. Even though the departure of Samuel and Emer$on has already destroyed us as a team. :(

·
Registered
342 Posts
Vagabondo said:
Well for Roma Totti is the obvious answer. Even though the departure of Samuel and Emer$on has already destroyed us as a team. :(
Montella will also leave a big hole!

From barcelona, Gerard will be a big lost hehe naah...it is kind of difficult to choose one. Nowadays, I'll say Puyol :cry:.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
ronaldinho gaúcho left for almost nothing and it still hurts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
If Emerson left our club the midfield would be in shambles. He's our most important player.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Wembley said:
Montella will also leave a big hole!
yes, but it's just not the same. Montella doesn't mean as much to the club, and vice-versa. Also he is very hot and cold form wise and frequently injured, although he has been great this season without Capello. Totti on the other hand is a leader on and off the pitch and is pretty consistent, for Roma at least.

Also, Montella scores more than Totti but doesn't create anywhere near as much and he is more of an out and out striker too. even so there's not really that much in it scoring wise either. i've just done some quick research and since Montella arrived in 1999 he has scored 77 goals in the league from 146 appearances and Totti has 74 goals from 162 appearances, although he is usually the designted penalty taker.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Andy said:
If Emerson left our club the midfield would be in shambles. He's our most important player.
don't count on Emer$on. two-bit mercenary traitor. he'd happily go and play for Torino if they could offer him a bit more than your lot :nono: :yuck:

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Vagabondo said:
don't count on Emer$on. two-bit mercenary traitor. he'd happily go and play for Torino if they could offer him a bit more than your lot :nono: :yuck:
You really think he does not care about success? And wasn't Emerson offered more money at Real Madrid than Juventus, however he still chose the latter anyway?

·
MVP
8,990 Posts
I don't know about you Andy...but Del Piero leaving, regardless of his current form, would be quite devastating for me, and I'm sure I'm not alone on this.

The transfer outs that upset me (hurt) the most thru-out the years were Roby Baggio, Torricelli, and then of course, Zizou...maybe Davids a little as well.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Andy said:
You really think he does not care about success? And wasn't Emerson offered more money at Real Madrid than Juventus, however he still chose the latter anyway?
Well Roma was a better side than Juventus before him and Samuel were sold off, even though, in fairness the club couldn't afford to keep them.

Roma overall had been more or less on the same level as Juve these last few seasons results wise, but even a long time before it became obvious that Roma would collapse Emerson was already whining over his wages, even though he was always one of the clubs biggest earners.

i don't think Emerson himself was offered a better contract at RM than at Juve. but RM probably would have paid more money to Roma. Just like they paid more for Samuel than what Moggi would have, and just like they're probably also offering more for Cassano than Moggi has claimed he would offer so far.

Emerson however only cares about himself so he chose to play at a rival club just so he can get paid a bit more and be with Capello. And Cassano may yet do the same thing. :yuck:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts