Xtratime Community banner

What should we do to decrease the amount of non-EU-players?

• Loan Geovanni

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • Loan Riquelme

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Loan Rivaldo

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Loan Rochemback

• Loan Saviola

• Sell Geovanni

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Sell Riquelme

• Sell Rivaldo

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Sell Rochemback

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Sell Saviola

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VG positive about Rivaldo and Riquelme!

On viplanet.nl VG actually was positive about Riquelme and Rivaldo! Was he abducted by aliens who changed him completely? What's next? Will he speak Catalan???

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Was he abducted by aliens who changed him completely?
ofcourse YES :D
What's next?
positive about all the squad and the Fans :happy:
Will he speak Catalan???
may be may be not... :rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Barca to keep Riquelme in reserve

Wednesday 10th July 2002

Barcelona coach Louis Van Gaal has made it clear that new £7 million-signing Juan Roman Riquelme does not figure in his first team plans.

"He is a great player that can do very well," said the Dutch boss. "But he is part of our middle to long term plan."

The Boca Juniors star signed a five-year deal on Monday after the Catalan club completed a two-year chase for his services.

However, Van Gaal explained: "The signing of Riquelme was not urgent.

"He is a player that has a great deal of quality and because of this we could not miss the opportunity to sign him and he was very cheap when you consider today's market.

"But this season will be a season of adjustment for him."

The Argentine youngster is expected to be loaned out by the Nou Camp giants while Van Gaal has made the signing of a right-sided midfielder a priority.

"On the left we have four players," he explained. "Philip Cocu, Thiaggo Motta, Rivaldo and Marc Overmars, but on the right we do not have many options and that is the position that I want strengthened.

"I do not want to sign any more left-sided players because having watched the World Cup I think that Cocu and Motta are better than anything I saw.

"Also, we have Rivaldo and he has another year of his contract left and has expressed his desire to stay here.

"He is coming back on July 22 to begin pre-season training and he has said that he wants to succeed at Barcelona.

"I am delighted with that attitude and that he still has the desire to do well here."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I personally feel that it's an insult to any established player who is bought and then loan out. To have doubts on Riquelme is adding salt to the wound by buying him at a low price. His future is at stack in Barca's hands, go ahead and destroy his future and I 'll point the finger at Louis Van Gaal.

Van Gaal is a failure...BORN failure

I mean no hurt to barca , but I am pointing the finger at this moron -----> Louis Van Gaal

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
RIQUELME WILL STAY! im sure about that - what nonsense to loan him out... when we loan him out, why we spend so much money? after this year he is free...

Thats only a Thing mady by an journalist...i hope so.

We should loan out Geovanni

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On the right we have Luis Enrique, Gabri, Rochemback and Geovanni. Now tell me VG, are you that blind?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Krijn said:
On the right we have Luis Enrique, Gabri, Rochemback and Geovanni. Now tell me VG, are you that blind?
i can't see why we need another midfielder either. The only thing we really need is a left back, but maybe one of our youngsters (which was the left defender Tortolero or Navarro?) can fill in that spot. would be nice to see them at work.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
we also got babangida for the right but it seems as if van gaal isnt considering him. hopefully pre-season will make him consider this view.

i think we should get a defender, since in my view the right is pretty secure. we were interested in this sporting gijon defender at the end of season just gone. maybe we could get him if hes good enough

·
Registered
195 Posts
I think the solution is to loan Geovanni . It would be very stupid to loan Riquelme in his first season . We bought him to get the best out of him . I don't know how Van Gaal thinks .

FORZA BARCA FOREVER .

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
i vote for the Loan of Geovani, coz he is an excellent player and he can take experience to give it to barca after 2 years...

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Geovani + Little experience = super Geovani

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Mattias11 said:
I'm still gonna go with my "sell Rivaldo" I mean he's lazy! I mean I love the moron but he's time is over!

Peace homies!
a lazy !!!!!!!!!!!!
a lazy and give his national team a 5th world cup!!!! calculate it:tongue:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yeah in Brazil he can play ...!!He can play well when he wants to I saw most of he's game on tv last season... It looks like he lacks of motivation... Maybe it's just me...but..well... do you want to keep him this season and get ZERO for him next year so well..okej

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Loan Geovanni

Loaning Geovanni would be the logical move. He was recently bought and selling him would be daft, because he's young - so a stint somewhere else might be good for him. With Rivaldo leaving at the end of the season, loaning Geovanni for a season would work perfectly.

Among the other alternatives he was also the least impressive last season.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Re: Loan Geovanni

Garrincha said:
Loaning Geovanni would be the logical move. He was recently bought and selling him would be daft, because he's young - so a stint somewhere else might be good for him. With Rivaldo leaving at the end of the season, loaning Geovanni for a season would work perfectly.

Among the other alternatives he was also the least impressive last season.
Exactly ;)

·
Registered
879 Posts
Mattias11 said:
Yeah in Brazil he can play ...!!He can play well when he wants to I saw most of he's game on tv last season... It looks like he lacks of motivation... Maybe it's just me...but..well... do you want to keep him this season and get ZERO for him next year so well..okej
ok.. I agree that rivaldo didn't play as well for barsa last year compared to his performance with brazil. However, he HAS to perform well this year, if he doesn't he wont get high wages next year. So.. if he does play for us, he will play well.

On the subject of Riquelme being loaned out. I believe it to be a creation of gaspart and VG. This rumour is being started so it will lift the pressure off of riquelme. This way he will feel at ease during training camp. VG knows if Riquelme is impressive then he can change his plans and keep Riquelme and loan out Geovanni.

Personally if Rivaldo is 100% and plays really well and helps us win the CL, and then leaves I wont feel bad.

·
Registered
555 Posts
VG thinks Geovanni is the only right winger we have in the squad and if we don't sign a new one, he will definitedly stay in Barcelona.

On Dutch TV it was said that buying Riquelme was vey important for Gaspart (not so much for VG) and by loaning him immediatly to another club VG wants to stand up against Gaspart and show him who's in charge of the team... Also VG sees Riquelme more for the middle and long term future. So, if Rivo won't be sold, i guess Riquelme will me loaned to another club. Hate to see that happen though...:depress: After all the talks in this forum i can't wait to see him play...

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dammit! I want to see Iniesta and Riquelme in our midfield together with Cocu and LE! NOW!

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
About Dutch TV: all the quality-people they have there are now focussed on the Tour. All the idiots are left behind, and they just tell what they read and hear (I mean, this is what we've heard before in the spanish media). It has nothing to do with VG standing up against Gaspart. Why did JG make a clause in JRR's contract if it would be VG's idea?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts