Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
u are right lili...this game was good...it was hot...and interesting:)
but if u ask "which team you appreciated the most for the moment" i think it will sound better,
Match: Turkey vs Brazil
Team: Turkey
Player:Rivaldo
those who i appreciated for the moment...:)

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, i can't be agree with you emperor, cause frankly turkey-brasil wasn't a fair match! and rivaldo desapointed me a lot!

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
I liked Japan-Belguim most too...:) i think Japan deserved to win.

Argentina and Nigeria was also nice to watch.

Though Brazil are one of my favourite teams, they unfairly and Rivaldo's acting was pathetic :yuck:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Denmark-Uruguay has been the best match.

Argentina-Nigeria was the 2nd best - if Nigeria hadn't been so defensive then it would have been the best.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,478 Posts
I have enjoyed the h.e.l.l. out of the Costa Rica 2 China 0 Game....

:cool::cap::cool:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
In order of preference : -

1) Italy-Ecuador (completly biased view):D
2) Brazil-Turkey - except for that disgraceful episode of Rivaldo, otherwise a very entertaining match:cool: . To top that Brazil won. :cool:
3)England-sweden - cool stuff
4)Argentina-Nigeria - for the hype of the super eagles.

There were other matches like paraguay-RSA, but nothing special to mention about them.

Ciao

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
The games I have most enjoyed watching in order.

1. South Korea 2-0 Poland ----- South Korea were really exciting to watch in this game and their fans show the World what the World Cup is all about.

2. Brazil 2-1 Turkey ---- Mainly for the skill and Controversy. Also seeing Ronaldo backto his best.

3. Ireland 1-1 Cameroon --- Enjoyed this because it was an end to end game and Ireland proved to the World that they do not need Roy Keane.

4. Japan 2-2 Belguim --Great match, also being an Arsenal fan it was nice to see Inamoto get Man of the Match. He scored a great goal and his 2nd was special but it was dissalowed for no reason!

5. Italy 2-0 Ecuador --- Seeing Totti and Vieri in full flow is ajoy to watch!:D

Hopefully the best match will be tomorrow when Ireland beat the Germans!:D

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
I have not seen every match simply becasue they all come on in the middle of the night and I can't tape them all and some I just don't care about anyway. Of the ones I've seen:

Uruguay-Denmark was very good, if heartbreaking.

Brazil-Turkey was a great drama. Every Cup needs it.

The players who have impressed me are:

Ronaldo for shoping he's back in top form.

Vieri for dominating his position

The Korean guy who nearly scored 4 or 5 times in the last 30 minutes of the Poland match.

As for the teams;

Korea was stunning.

Argentina just looks solid and ready.

Same thing with Italy.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
[Player:Rivaldo

rivaldo is the biggest discrace of the tournamnet so far and i dont really care how good he is.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
My top 5 favorite matches this world cup so far, in order of preference:

1) Argentina vs Nigeria- both teams played well and the game itself was very exciting.

2) Paraguay vs SA- an excellent game with a twist at the end.

3) Brazil vs Turkey- was a great game except for the Rivaldo episode.

4) South Korea vs Poland- simply coz SA won.

5) Cameroun vs Ireland- exciting game.

:) ;) :D

·
Registered
765 Posts
Best teams so far have been:

Argentina
Italy
Brasil

Worst teams so far:

Saudi Arabia (with a big margin!!)

Poland (also cos I expected so much more from them!)
Ecuador

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Match:
South Korea vs Poland. Great achievement!! Personal sentiment to see the flag from Holland hanging there...

And Brazil - Turkey, for reminding me what a beautiful sport soccer can be.

Teams: South Korea and Italy.

Most beautiful goal: that goal from Uruguay against Denmark..KABOOM!

Player: Ilhan Mansiz, for that awesome trick he pulled on Roberto Carlos! I can do that aswell, very easy, but to do it on a WC...damn!
Veron and Totti were masters on the field in their matches.
I haven't seen Izmailov from Russia yet...:cool:

·
Registered
765 Posts
I didn't want to appear biased and mention Denmark as one of the best teams so far but now I read footballers from different countries praising the play of Denmark. Most notably Raúl on Realmadrid.com:

"Raúl:

Surprised at Denmark's performance
The Danish team has been the most surprising one for Raúl in the first stretch of the 2002 Cup. "From what I've seen so far, Denmark is the team I like the best for their play. I've been surprised at their performance", assured Real's forward, who also praised Germany for "their strength". "The German squad showed they are a great eleven in shape to play a World Cup match".
Raúl highlighted "the balance" he has seen in all the Cup matches played so far, except for the one pitting the Germans against Saudi Arabia. He also stated that the Argentinean squad looked "pretty strong". "Argentina proved they know very well what they are after and what they need to do in order to get victories in a tournament like this Cup", observed Real's footballer. Raúl also foresaw that, "although there are going to be many surprises, only the great teams will get through".

Realmadrid.com"

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Germany vs The Arabian Superstars... definitely my favorite in terms of amusement... sorry I have a tendency to enjoy other ppl's misery... ;)

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Saudia arabia was really sucks...but really in asia they were very good... and i think that they will make better against ireland and cameroon...they have a very good players..but the last lose was becuase the players was afraid and something like that...:)

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
to kyo...

i don't like this sentence from u "The Arabian Superstars"
Arab world's soccer is not realted with Saudia Arabia soccer...
many players in the Arab world is better than the players of the saudi teams...and many teams are better than KSA...
so Arabian superstars are not in Saudi team...they have one or two of them...

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Emperor I meant it in a sarcastic way (judging by their supreme performance) ;)
But if I offended you in any serious way (politically or something in that sense) then I apologize ;)

·
Registered
17,812 Posts
Just like many of you, I like the Denmark/Uruguay match the most so far. Rodriguez's one-timer goal was a beauty.

Brazil still have the most flair while S. Korea have the best intensity.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Best Match: Denmark X uruguay
Best Team: I have to be honest...them..the kunts.....Argentina:devil:
BEst Goal: From teh Belgium guy or the Uruguayan
BEst Player: Denilson....by a mile!;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts