Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of the ones im so buzzin to watch are
Netherlands vs Argentina--what a match cant wait to watch Riquelme give the Oranje a run for their money. Robben will be a man to watch there but my pick is none other than Juan Roman Riquelme :thumbsup:
England vs Sweden--The Swedes having long buried the stereotype they bared of boring football, there'll be some end-to-end stuff here, even with both, hopefully guaranteed a place in the last 16. Men to watch here will be Ibrahimovich and Rooney.
Ukraine vs Spain--Spain has, as we all know, failed to deliver when it matters most, this 'might' not change, just not yet, they first have to beat Shevchenko and the rest aka Ukraine. Men to watch in this match, Shevchenko and Torres and Xavi (if fit) i feel the mean defence of Ukraine will be too much for Raul.
Czech vs Italy--No more old defensive Italy with a vast array of quality attackers against a very organised Czech team spearheaded by Nedved. This is gonna be jaw-dropping and im so convinced about that. So much pride to protect and one understandable mission to finish atop of the group so as to avoid Tournament favourites Brazil. Men to watch here are Nedved( remeber those comebacks against Germany and The Dutch that he so proffesionally led). Del Piero, Totti and Jankulovski.
Cote D'Ivoire vs Argentina.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
minnows vs overrated big names

NWO........ 222222222222222222 sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
All the games of Group C
Czech Rep vs Italy
Brazil vs Australia
Croatia vs Australia
Mexico vs Portugal

·
Registered
27,398 Posts
Argentina vs Holland will be a battle for 3rd place, I don't see what's so exciting about it. :tongue:

·
Banned
734 Posts
usa vs. italy

the cocky americans like eddie johnson who quoted as saying "italy is not the team they use to be" ya we will see, mr. i scored 8 goals in 8 games against 8 crap teams. vs. the classy italians

saudi arabia v. tunisa....another great game

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Italy vs. USA
Czech vs. USA
Nederland vs. Argentina
Poland vs. Germany

·
Registered
42,727 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
has to be Brazil v the Aussies, talk about men against boys. :D
We have a better coach than Brazil, better strikers than Brazil (Aloisi > Ronaldo, Viduka > Ronaldo), better defenders (Neill > Roque Junior), better wingers (Harold), ect. ect.

·
Registered
23 Posts
ILA said:
We have a better coach than Brazil, better strikers than Brazil (Aloisi > Ronaldo, Viduka > Ronaldo), better defenders (Neill > Roque Junior), better wingers (Harold), ect. ect.

Better fans, too ?

Doesn't seems so !

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
ILA said:
that's what i meant, it could get humiliating for the novice South Americans. ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
ILA said:
Zitto, I don't know what you're talking about, elaborate please :)
You just said that Australia has better strikers than Brazil, better midfileder, better everything. I just asked you if they also have better fans...

Or i you prefer, check it on the Fans World Cup and choose Group F.

·
Registered
42,727 Posts
Zitto said:
You just said that Australia has better strikers than Brazil, better midfileder, better everything. I just asked you if they also have better fans...
I wasn't being serious, I do realise that we are massive underdogs and will have to be at our best to get a point, of course I do.

But:

Hiddink > Parreira
Aloisi > Ronaldo (atm)
Viduka > Ronaldo (atm)
Neill* > Roque Junior

*played as centre back under Hiddink, and done extremely well.

It is not so crazy to claim that Aloisi (10 goals in 18 for a shitty Alaves) and Viduka (returning to form, scored in his last three matches including a cracker vs. Charlton) are atm better than Ronaldo :D

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
exactly, and Cahill got 2 at the weekend, so at this moment in time, Cahill > Ronaldinho Gaucho

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
ILA said:
Viduka > Ronaldo (atm)
Is it cause Viduka was so spectacular with his two goals in qualifying and ronaldo was the leading scorer in South America?

I don't rate viduka better at club either but as far as performances for national team are concerned?

Ronaldo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Viduka

By the way, Ronaldinho and Kaka>>>>>>>>>>>>Your whole team.

:tongue:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts