Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ciao fellow Serie A and italian football fans, here´s a topic that doesn´t start with buy and sell :).

After the disasters ( Juve, Milan, Lazio, Viola, Parma and Roma - I still can´t belive it happened ) in Europe the question that had a beyond doubt answer was raised again and this time they want to hear a different answer: Which Leauge is the best ??

To say that the Italian Leauge is the most tactical was always true, the spirit belonged to PL and the great derbies to the Scottish leauge :).

Recently Spain have broaden their leauge and it looks better then ever with teams like Valencia, Dept la Coruna, Zaragoza and Celta Vigo joining Real and Barca at the very top.

Valencia will suffer from the loss of such players like killy, lopez, gerard, maybe mendieta and their goalie Cassilas. Zargoza will surely loose S Milosevic and I wonder if Dept will be able to hold on to Makaay and co.

What´s your views on the leauges around europe - are we still nr 1 or are we infact nr 3 ??

C

·
0 Posts
I agree - Spain, they have a very good national team also.

Its a good thing that Man-United was beaten in the CL.
If they would have won the CL again, the already stuck-up English would have become unbearable.

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Thank god, not a buy-sell topic!! :)

Yes, Spain at the moment.
And then Serie A.
But the English league is great aswell, though there are just a small amount of clubs, which on beforehand are favorite of winning.

So, where do you think the Dutch league stands :)
Ah, forget that!

E

·
0 Posts
I think you guys have missundertstood the topic.
OK, Spain has 3 teams in Champions league semifinals. That is amazing.
But I still think that the Italian LEAGUE is the best. Spanish teams are doing great in Europe, but aren´t we talking about the domestic league now???

FORZA ITALIA

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Hmm, good topic. I think Italy is still in the lead, but only by a thread.

I think Italy is more powerful because of the big 6, who I think can probably take out any club in the world, given they play their best. (Juve, Lazio, Milan, Inter, Roma, Parma)

Let's not forget Fiorentina and Udniese, they are always tough. So far 8 teams in the Serie A are very tough, and 6 of them can fight for the title.

S

·
0 Posts
Yeah, but the question was 'which league is the best?' and you have to take into account performances in Europe, the quality of the players and football played, as well as the standard of the teams in the league itself when comparing the leagues. So overall, because of how close the championship race is and how well the teams are doing in the champions league, this year i would say the Spanish league is the best. Then comes the Italian league because of the high number of good teams/players and close behind the EPL. Things change every year though....Next year the Italians may have 3 teams in the semis and the Spanish none.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
OK, let's rate the leagues:

1 - crap
2 - mediocre
3 - good
4 - very good
5 - excellent

Serie A
Tactics: 5
Skill: 4
Entertainment: 3
Attendance: 4

Spanish League
Tactics: 4
Skill: 5
Entertainment: 4

German Bundesliga
Tactics: 3
Skill: 3

Premiership
Skill: 4

French League
Skill: 3
Attendance: 3

Final Table:
Spain 17
Italy 16
England 15
Germany 14
France 13

Some comments now.

Italy is the best place for tactics, Italian teams have different style of play and coach are always keen on paying attention to this matter. Often tactical games aren't very entertaining but some teams just don't care about fun, their only goal is winning, no matter how they achieve that.

Spain is the place for skillful players. Big teams are crowded with talented footballers and many of them are still quite young such as Xavi, Gabri, Gerard, Farinòs and, why not, Raùl. For a lot of time, Spain have been an importing country regarding football, and amazingly all those foreigners have been no harm for the Spanish young players.

England teams have a rushing pace and the recent arrival of many skillful foreigners has lifted the quality of the Premiership. Also the tactics has improved greatly in the past few years and the English top teams have now a more continental way of playing.

German championship has had a decline recently but some Brazilian players (Elber, Emerson, Ailton) still light up the Bundesliga. German teams have never been so willing to spend loads of money to buy expensive foreign players, and this could explain why their league isn't so glamourous as other big leagues.

France's best players have emigrated abroad and this fact has damaged seriously the quality of the French league. Also teams are not so wealthy to buy classy foreigners, with the remarkable exceptions of Monaco and PSG. Attendance in the French championship is relatively low if you compare it to those of the other big leagues.

FORZA LAZIO

[This message has been edited by aquila (edited 24-04-2000).]

G

·
0 Posts
I don't think, that the Englisch league is as good, as the most of the people think...

there is man u, chelsea, arsenal, leeds, and some other clubs too, they are good, sure.
but the cleft between man u and the other, not so good teams is extreme!!

for example: man u won very high the last times in the Premiership. It can't be good for the league, if they are so good (if they have so much money :) ) in all the other countries, the situation is so too, but not so extreme

and, france isn't a "super"-league for me...
there are some good teams, and when I look at the National Teams, I think the Worldcup Title was good luck ?!?

D

·
0 Posts
The Italian League is still by far the best.Sure,Spain has three teams in the last four of the Champions League.But Deportivo?Champions of Spain?It's looking like it,and they've lost ten league games this season.And how many league games have Barcelona lost now?Eleven,that's what.That would never happen in Italy.

E

·
0 Posts
Denis1501
The fact that the top teams get beaten 10 or 11 times in a season only shows the quality of all teams in the league.
That is not a weekness of La Liga, it´s more a strength. But still I find Serie A number 1. This year is a temporary week year, remember the past 10-20 years and you will see that italian teams are dominant in Europe.

FORZA LAZIO

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
well i think that serie a is still number 1 then primera then premier league

spain have real barca and valencia
italy have lazio juve milan inter parma roma
then spain have teams like zaragoza deportivo the team that beat juve which i forgot
and italy have fiorentina bologna udinese

then the rest of the primera isnt that good and the serie a isnt that good either but slightly better
and i think that the top italian teams are also better that the spanish because serie a have more outstanding teams

FORZA LAZIO!

D

·
0 Posts
Sorry Emir, but I think you've fallen into the trap of overrating La Liga.This is understandable,seeing as three Spanish clubs are in the semi finals of the Champions League.But closer examination tells us more.Valencia should never have even made the quarter finals,we saw how good they were when Man Utd easily beat them 3-0 at Old Trafford.Fiorentina threw away a great oppurtunity of qualification in the group.Barcelona's defence has been leaky all season long...eleven league defeats for a club of that stature is simply not good enough.Real produced a fine away day performance against Man.Utd...but United should have scored goals in Madrid.No away goal meant they were fighting an uphill battle when Real scored.Lazio could play 100 times again in Valencia and not concede 5 goals.Take away the top 5 or 6 in Spain and the rest are rubbish.Take away the top 5 or 6 in Italy and we find a team like,say, Verona,unbeaten in 12 games.I'll finish my arguement with a prediction that Bayern wins the Champions League !!

B

·
0 Posts
World best league does not change with every year european performences..italy has been best since 1985...dont forget last year italian teams won two eurpean cups..two years ago italian teams won 1 uefa cup and play cl final..compare these with spanish teams european recent performance..

still spanish teams did not in anything..
lazio won super cup..
arsenal or galatasaray will win uefa cup..
i suppose bayern will win cl this year..

Forza serie a ,forza italian teams....

spanish teams will see italian teams performance next year..

E

·
0 Posts
Denis1501
You wrote: "Sorry Emir, but I think you've fallen into the trap of overrating La Liga"
hmmm, please go back and read my post...
I am definetely not overrating La Liga, but I am not underestimating it either.

La Liga is a great league, with some brilliant clubs/players. But Serie A is still number one, and will always be that.

FORZA LAZIO

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
At the moment the Spanish is by far the best league in Europe. The best players are from there:
Raul
Rivaldo
Figo
Claudio Lopez

From Serie A:
only Veron is that world class
perhaps Shevchenko and Zidane

[This message has been edited by labas (edited 26-04-2000).]

·
Registered
163 Posts
He he...funny one Juan F :)

I think Serie A is more complete than the spanish league, but my interest for that league has increased alot lately because of alot of new stars like Raul, Mendieta and so on. I think that maybe in a couple of years the spanish league will become a very strong one with lots of intrests from many countries. (Television coverage and so on)

Forza Lazio !!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts