Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
by this, i mean players under the age of 21 or 22

England has walcott, wilshire, vela, andersson, fabregas (?), mikel and so forth
Spain has mata, aguero, rossi, messi (?), capel, krkic and so forth
Italy has giovinco, jovetic, balotelli, alexi sanchez, pato, hamsik, santacroce and so forth

or guys like benzema, buonanotte, di maria, luis suarez, etc from other leagues

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
I think Spain has the best even though Argentina and Brazil have the biggest numbers of young talents.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Italy and Spain have the advantage over England in this one. However, the English league is good at stealing talents from other leagues, but these players tend to be developed players rather than young talent.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, italy's youngsters have the best potentiality as most of them are raw and just started their career...whereas spain has the likes of aguero, messi and capel who already have few seasons on their belt

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Italy and Spain have the advantage over England in this one. However, the English league is good at stealing talents from other leagues, but these players tend to be developed players rather than young talent.
or also bare/support/ longer?...few times is mentioned that home boys ALSO are supported way longer and in the meantime they might succeed, than any new transfer from other countries...

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Apart from the bigger leagues in Europe, the smaller, less prestigious leagues have great talent coming through. Czech Republic, Romania, Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia all have good youth talent. Croatia is really known for their scouting abilities, and being able to find players in the surrounding countries, and South America :) and later selling them to big clubs from EPL, Bundesliga etc... for 20 times the players original worth.

Eastern Europe is a goldmine for talent.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
you forgot Vela, Ramsey, Bendtner, Merida, Hoyte, Fabianski, Barazite, Coquelin, etc from the English league. :D

·
Professional Pirate
7,108 Posts
Didnt Barcelona also pay for his growth hormones so in a sense he was there for medical issues even though he obviously had the talent.

Augero wasnt stolen like Rossi or Lupoli or any other number of players like the Prem has.Yes buying younger players when their 16 or 15 is popular but not or shouldnt be for the greatest clubs in the world like Manchester or Arsenal for example.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Augero wasnt stolen like Rossi or Lupoli.
It still hurts. :moan:
It's for this reason why I am firmly against clubs poaching youngsters from other clubs. I know United also do it but I don't condone it and never will. Sadly, money speaks when it comes to football.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you forgot Vela, Ramsey, Bendtner, Merida, Hoyte, Fabianski, Barazite, Coquelin, etc from the English league. :D
if that's the case, then i also forgot Zapata, Isla, Lamzafame, Ilner, Di Silvestri, Vitale, Gargano, etc from the italian league

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Perhaps not Kun Agüero, but definitely Messi is a player that has been formed in the Spanish football. He was 12 when he joined the team. Yes, he's a foreigner, but raised in Spain.
yes, we all know Messi would never have made it had he not gone to Spain, he could barely run let alone kick a ball before that. ;)

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Holland is indeed a good start for young players to start their careers.

Many young players played in the Dutch league and became world-class stars.

The list is endless...
A league where Granqvist can make a Maradonesque goal doesn't seem too good in my eyes though :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts