Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've seen everyone play once so far, so how do you rate the groups? Which is the toughest to advance from?

Reminder: Only 2 teams from each Group will advance.

The scores so far:

Group A
Germany 2-1 Canada
France 1-0 Nigeria

Group B
Japan 2-1 New Zealand
England 1-1 Mexico

Group C
Sweden 1-0 Colombia
USA 2-0 North Korea

Group D
Norway 1-0 Equatorial Guinea
Brazil 1-0 Australia

On paper, it has to be Group A: three teams ranked in the top 7 in the world.

But on the basis of how they have played in their first matches, are there other Groups that are so evenly matched that any two teams could advance?

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
I'd have to agree with Juanele and say Group D. They've got Brazil and Norway in there amd underdogs Equilatoral Guinea fighting for points. Plus, there's a very good Australian side in there. Must be the Group of Death.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's funny - I don't see Group C as hard to predict at all. Maybe I'll end up with egg on my face, but it seems pretty clear to me that USA and North Korea will advance.

In Group A, Germany is obvious, but the second team could be any of the other three.

Group D is Brazil and Norway all the way.

·
Registered
69,202 Posts
after today's results, Group A will more than likely be decided (don't see Nigeria beating Germany).

I'll say D, only because E. Guinea looked decent in their first match, but Brazil should win the group

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
That's funny - I don't see Group C as hard to predict at all. Maybe I'll end up with egg on my face, but it seems pretty clear to me that USA and North Korea will advance.
Do you want it scrambled or fried?

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll take it scrambled! :embarass:

Sweden had such trouble with Colombia, and Korea gave the USA team a good game, so it was a big surprise to me when Sweden was able to dominate Korea.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
The only trouble Sweden had with Colombia was their finishing. It should have been a 4 or 5-0 game.

Unless they find that touch they will be out in the quarterfinals.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
The only trouble Sweden had with Colombia was their finishing. It should have been a 4 or 5-0 game.

Unless they find that touch they will be out in the quarterfinals.
True and on top of that, unless they beat the US on the last group game, they will face Brazil in the QFs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts