• Ecuador vs Croatia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mexico vs Italy

Votes: 3 10.7%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Cro-Ita will be somewhat boring I think, heaps of interceptions and defensive work, look for ebtertaining games when either of these two play either of the two teams :)

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
For me it will be Italy vs Croatia.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Ero said:
Cro-Ita will be somewhat boring I think, heaps of interceptions and defensive work, look for ebtertaining games when either of these two play either of the two teams :)
Based on that assumption I gave my vote to Mexico vs Ecuador, ironically, the two teams I don't expect to go through but can certainly see them putting up a good show. If not that game then perhaps Italy-Ecuador...

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Italy-Croatia has the expectation to be one of the games of the tournament but whether it lives up to it is another story.

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
ah to hell with it, Us realistic Croatians are predicting a draw with Italy, while the Italians feel like they'll beat us.

I say 2-1 Croatia :) how's that for confidence

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Probably Ecuador V Mexico. On paper Italy - Croatia could be a great game but I think it will more than likely be a low scoring draw.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I think Italy-Ecuador.

Ecuador is a latin american team and will nmake Italy play more offensive.Look at France'98 when Italy played against Chile and we had a high score draw 2-2...

·
International
8,545 Posts
I look most forward to Croatia-Italy.

It might not be the most entertaining as the teams will probably defend more than attack, but it'll be the most interesting for me.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Ajde decki

Lets make the azzuri poay for not picking baggio, that ***** DP wont do **** on us....

Time to pay trap, prosi will show u what an old guys can do

CROATIA!!!!!

Lav

·
Registered
333 Posts
Whatever happens in this group the 2nd place team will play Portugal, so one of the three countries will not reach the quarter-finals. I think that makes things very interesting.

VIVA PORTUGAL !!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Well I think it will be Italy-Mexico.

Its the last game of the group and I think that it will be a decider for a place in the second round or a playoff for top spot. On top of that Italy and Mexico have a great tradition as opponents.

I have to say also the fact that Mexico have some very good forwards and are for more proned to attack than Croatia or Ecuador who rely more on shutting down there oppenents. So I think this wil be a more interesting and open match and Italy will have to be at their best to win this one.

Croatia are without Tudor which will hinder their capability of been competitive immensly. So I do not see this is a top match.

·
International
8,545 Posts
Cro and Ecuador might rely on shutting down opponents, but what does Italy do?

Put on a brilliant display of attacking football?:D:D:D

By your logic, we can then say that the best game in the group will be Mexico vs anybody.

We lost Tudor yes, but we didn't achieve the best defensive record of all teams in qualifying by relying on one player at the back so while Tudor is a big loss, it isn't like it's a crippling blow to us, not even close.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The best game will be Mexico vs Croatia because it is the opening game for this group.
Then Italy vs Ecuador will be the best game and so on.:D

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Raanan said:

Based on that assumption I gave my vote to Mexico vs Ecuador, ironically, the two teams I don't expect to go through but can certainly see them putting up a good show. If not that game then perhaps Italy-Ecuador...
Unfortunatly, I made a bad choice of watchin Gold cup that featured both countries... man, there were some booooring games there... I think both teams can show more against bigger squads, because they might get bigger incentive to play harder

·
Registered
39 Posts
Unfortunatly, I made a bad choice of watchin Gold cup that featured both countries... man, there were some booooring games there... I think both teams can show more against bigger squads, because they might get bigger incentive to play harder [/B][/QUOTE]

The Mexican team your going to see at the World Cup is not the same team that played at the Gold cup. The team that played at the world cup was an experimental one. Had a few promising young players that will most likely be in the next World Cup, assuming Mexico qualifies.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
silly question, best game must be the battle fo the best teams, and in this group they are Italy and Croatia ...

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Lazindo01 said:
silly question, best game must be the battle fo the best teams, and in this group they are Italy and Croatia ...
heh I can see it right now... 11 players on their own sides, ref trying to make them cross onto other team's half ;-)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts