Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who are the players that you really miss the most it could be anyone.Mine are Roberto Baggio,Marco Van Basten,Ruud gullit,Franco Baresi because they were absolute greats who inspired others and changed games in an instant.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Dennis Bergkamp, circa 1997; Ian Wright; Rocky Rocastle and a competent goalkeeper behind the best defence in the world.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
khimik said:
Dennis Bergkamp, circa 1997; Ian Wright; Rocky Rocastle and a competent goalkeeper behind the best defence in the world.
i thought Dida was ok ;)

Lehmann was alright (if a little untested) this morning as well though...

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Vagabondo said:
i thought Dida was ok ;)
Seaman
Dixon - Adams - Keown - Winterburn

It only let in 17 goals in 1998/99. I miss that. Defensively sound yet we were brilliant in attack with Marcy Overmars, Dennis Bergkamp at his best, a young Anelka causing havoc etc.

Amazing we won squat that season considering how good we were :googly:

·
Registered
59,174 Posts
Ruud Gullit, if only he kept on playing :( :hopefull: :D

Paul Gascoigne, complete nut but absolutely outstanding in his heyday :proud:

Atillio Lombardo and Ruben Sosa. Was a fan of them too when I was a kid thanks to Football Italia :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
zidane, pele, maradonna, bergkamp, ian wright, cantona, rivaldo, klinsmann

·
Banned
12,611 Posts
Diego Armando Maradona,Robert Prosinečki,Marco van Basten,Zico,Roberto Baggio,Michel Platini.........................................................................

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Dejan Savicevic, Vladimir Jugovic, Predrag Mijatovic, Dragan Stojkovic, Eric Cantona

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Wally said:
Paul Gascoigne, complete nut but absolutely outstanding in his heyday :proud:
would have been the best in the world if he wasn't a complete nut. :sigh:

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Zico
Neto
Marcelinho
John Barnes
Paul Gascoigne
Des Walker
Peter Beardsley
Careca
Redondo
Adilio
Branco
Tupazinho
Bebeto
Marcio
Ronaldo (corinthians goalie)
Wilson Mano
Romario
Dunga
Jorginho
Leandro
Steve McMahon! (if anyone can, MACCA CAN! :)
Steve Bull!!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Baggio easily for me, there a fair few others that i miss like gullit, van basten, baresi, fonseca, laudrup, hagi etc but baggio is who got me into italian football to begin with.
I loved watching him play and just wish I could have got the chance to see him play live before he retired.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Marc Overmars....
Can't forget last season, when he played a match after being out of favour. He made a superb run trough the whole pitch and let Ronaldinho score the easiest of goals. Marc was almost in tears and the whole team was congratulating/consoling him... :(

1 - 20 of 187 Posts