Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the massive amount of hype and coverage the EPL final games got, particulary by the british media, about how it is the best title race in Europe and how no other league has their title going to the final day, and how their relegation candidates are all close... Serie A has managed to somehow go one better in my opinion :pp Instead we have 2 relegation candidates playing the 2 title contenders on the final day... who wins and loses decides all, while we also have Milan and Fiorentina battling it out for the CL. So after the complete massive hype of the EPL final day fixtures, are Serie A's more intriguing?

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Title race is about the same, with the main team with an away fixture and the contender with a home fixture. So that's about equal.

Serie A has a 4th place up for grabs, so that's more exciting.

And, i suppose the relegation fight is better too cos' Parma plays Inter.

But, when did Sky say it was the best title race in europe? They just seemed to be saying the closest race we've had for years.
Roma are actually away to Catania..., Catania are relegation candidates too.

Sky didnt say it so much, but a couple of the newspapers seemed to have thought Inter had already won the title ;)

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope Parma survive for other reasons :pp I think most people in and out of Italy seem to want Parma to survive and Roma to win the title :D Of course we cant forgot Empoli who can survive should they win and Catania lose and Parma draw or lose.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
The final game in England was way over-hyped. I thought it was pretty dull really because it was always pretty likely that Man U would win and Chelsea played like they knew it. Last season's relegation decider was a lot more exciting as well because the two sides in danger of going down played each other on the last day.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
yep... Serie A has been the best soap this year... all the drama, so unpredictable
and that is for almost all teams involved from top to bottom

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Media overhyping EPL?

:Yawn:

Tell us something new.

Damn you don't have a yawn emoticon. :mad:

·
Registered
70,194 Posts
Exciting end of the season in Italy.

It´s funny that both title contenders play the last game against 2 teams from the relegation battle.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Damn you English media for getting excited about the title race and relegation battle.

·
Fourth Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
3,512 Posts
Last day in the Bundesliga's gonna be pretty tight as well, there are 2 cup spots for 4 teams on the same points, relegation is not yet decided as well.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
I didnt realise that Serie A was going down the wire, I thought Inter had that settled a few weeks ago but thats good if Roma can still snatch it. Looking at the fixtures, you couldnt ask for a better last day, 2 title challenging teams playing away to 2 teams fighting against relegation. I couldnt call that one. My money would go for Parma drawing with Inter and Roma beating Catania.

Celtic and Rangers look like they will go down to the last day of the season again and depending on how Rangers do in their next 2 league games (away to Motherwell and St Mirren on 17th & 19th respectively) it will decide how tense the last days fixtures will be, Rangers away to Aberdeen and we (Celtic) are away to Dundee United. F*cking tension is killing me!

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Media overhyping EPL?

:Yawn:

Tell us something new.

Damn you don't have a yawn emoticon. :mad:
Something new: the Italians and the Spanish should re-think their communication skills. The EPL have done a great job to promote their league, while Serie A and La Liga have done nothing about it for years aside the big clubs individually talking.

I do really think that Spanish and Italians should start to look at themselves instead of critizicing the English. They're the example to follow in many aspects and, on top of them, communication skills.

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
I'll give you that K4.
It also 'kinda' helps that they are native of the most used language in the world.

But yes, they managed it fantastically. Credit where its due.

·
Registered
70,194 Posts
English league has the advantage of the language though. If you think about it, it´s important too.

Edit: I said it without reading the previous post by bernmilan.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Something new: the Italians and the Spanish should re-think their communication skills. The EPL have done a great job to promote their league, while Serie A and La Liga have done nothing about it for years aside the big clubs individually talking.

I do really think that Spanish and Italians should start to look at themselves instead of critizicing the English. They're the example to follow in many aspects and, on top of them, communication skills.
You mean communication as in seducing teenage Asian chicks, snapping up 'sawker' fans faraway in Asia & America, organising Chinese trips, looting more Asians & proclaiming that football starts & ends with England? Hardly something to follow there. :yuck:

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Lots of storylines in Italy.

Scudetto - Inter or Roma? I still say Inter.
Relegation - Parma, you can do it!
CL spot - Fiorentina to beat Torino, and Milan to lose to Udinese. :shades:

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
very similar endings, 2 teams fighting for the title and a few for the relegation spots. Only difference is Fiorentina vs Milan for the CL. :thumbsup:

Amazing that Inter vs Parma & Roma vs Catania will decided the fate of all 4 teams on the last day of the season though :scared::thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts