Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I once met Suat Suna (Turkish singer) in Sinop... He was standing infront of me and was waiting for his taxi and I wasn`t able to say ANYTHING :eek: :D

He was the one and only and I don´t count the ones I saw at concerts (like Tarkan, Haluk Levent, Müslüm baba etc.)

·
Administrator
24,843 Posts
tons of portuguese actors, mostly from tv and soap operas....yes i do live in a vip area:D

my fav being a major hunk i already posted the pic of anyways ...and he smiiiiiiiiled at me from maybe 30cm distance:D

ah yes some football players and singers too, but i really dont give much a damn about meeting famous people i must say:)

and i always look through them when i bump into one:D as if they simply werent there lol

·
Registered
59,019 Posts
Didn't speak to them, but I saw Jerzy Dudek in the Maasgebouw (prawn sandwich area :eek: of the Feyenoord stadium :tongue: ). He was a lot taller than I thought. I won't count footballers who I seen playing in the stadium course.

Also saw the Dutch queen when she visited London. Well I had to, cos of my dad. Stood there in Kensington Palace Garden with a little Dutch flag :eek:
Dunno if I can count these too, but others I've seen were Nelson Mandela (when he visited Leiden :proud: ) , Dutch princess Maxima (at my uni) , Shimon Peres (who was here to give a "lezing" at the uni) but the one I'm most proud of is Michael Hesseltine who I saw stepping into his car in Picadilly:D

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Apparantly this Romanian singer was at the hospital when I was born and gave me a present. :rolleyes: :eek:

I have also met Adrian Mutu. :D

·
*the drum drum*
42,529 Posts
And I notice no one has said "I've met Tolga!" :rollani:

:D

I've met half of the Australian football team after I got into some expo as a VIP..
Ran into some 2nd rate actors etc..

Who remember's Gladiators? They had it in every country nearly..
I ran into the most famous of the Australian Gladiators (Vulcan :dazed: ) before :howler:

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
I've met many cricket greats when they came to Singapore including Imran Khan (who turned my knees to jelly), Waqar Younis, Tendulkar (who is not much taller than I am), Gavaskar, Dennis Lillee (who asked if I like him as he is now - bald), Ranatunga and Jayasuriya (who gave me his autograph even though I didn't ask for it). I have yet to meet any football players. There were several teams that flew in - Liverpool, Man U among them - but I wasn't interested to even watch their matches :tongue: :D

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Well i have met many Swedish football celebreties but those worth mentioning are Patrik Andersson, Jonas Thern, Stefan Schwarz and Zlatan.

I have been to the same wedding party as Cardigans and MTV VJ Ulrika who is dating Peter from Cardigans.;)

The most famous Turkish celebreties i have spoken to are Kenan Dogulu, Rafet El Roman and Cüneyt Arkin.

·
Registered
59,019 Posts
Safe said:
I've met many cricket greats when they came to Singapore including Imran Khan (who turned my knees to jelly), Waqar Younis, Tendulkar (who is not much taller than I am), Gavaskar, Dennis Lillee (who asked if I like him as he is now - bald), Ranatunga and Jayasuriya (who gave me his autograph even though I didn't ask for it). I have yet to meet any football players. There were several teams that flew in - Liverpool, Man U among them - but I wasn't interested to even watch their matches :tongue: :D
Nice :)

Talking of cricket celebs, I've touched Dean Headley and patted him on the back:howler:
It was when Holland played Kent in the NAtwest trophy in Amstelveen. Kent had just won the game and me & some mates of mine ran onto the pitch to collect the stumps for souvenieres. We unfortunately didn't manage to get them since the umpires pulled them, told us to leave and gave us a stern look :( we did manage to get all players autographs though :)

·
*the drum drum*
42,529 Posts
Oh yeah, Cricket and Rugby League... I've met a hell of a lot of them too..
Mark Waugh the most famous of th cricketers and Brad Fittler the most famous of the league players.. :D

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Tolga said:
Oh yeah, Cricket and Rugby League... I've met a hell of a lot of them too..
Mark Waugh the most famous of th cricketers and Brad Fittler the most famous of the league players.. :D
I'd prefer Mark's better half, Steve :tongue: :D

·
Administrator
24,843 Posts
Tolga said:

Who remember's Gladiators? They had it in every country nearly..
I ran into the most famous of the Australian Gladiators (Vulcan :dazed: ) before :howler:
u met vulcan:D

that gladiators thing was awfull really, but the only one i recall, the name anyways, was vulcan ehehe

·
*the drum drum*
42,529 Posts
Mark was always the more glamourous player..
He made cricket half-watchable :D

Steve's a great person off the field but..

Vulcan was in your Gladiators too? :D
I thought every country used different names, because I remember laughing at the names of the Gladiators when there was a "international Gladiators" :howler:

·
Administrator
24,843 Posts
Tolga said:

Vulcan was in your Gladiators too? :D
I thought every country used different names, because I remember laughing at the names of the Gladiators when there was a "international Gladiators" :howler:
tolga...we are stykish people:cool:

we dont go around changing the name of characters:D

·
Administrator
24,843 Posts
Tolga said:
Yeah but...

Using the Aussie names? :D
well....i suppose the series is american no? and vulcan is probably the original name.....no?:D

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts