Xtratime Community banner

1201 - 1220 of 1227 Posts

·
Registered
64,502 Posts
Rummenigge: 'Conte has changed Inter'
Football Italia
2 Days Ago

Former striker Karl-Heinz Rummenigge gives coach Antonio Conte the credit for Inter's position in Serie A and said Romelu Lukaku ‘was reborn’ in Milan.

The current Bayern Munich chairman spent three years as a player at the Giuseppe Meazza, as he moved to the Nerazzurri in 1984, before he finished his career with Servette FC in Switzerland.

The former German international is impressed by the work of coach Antonio
“The stability in the performances and tactics is very interesting,” Rummenigge told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“It’s a tactic that adapts to the team, thanks to Conte, who did a great job.

You can see that Inter are different from the one when he arrived two years ago.

“I like it because they are consistent at the back and exceptional in attack. Lautaro and Lukaku are doing really well.

“But the midfield too. It’s a team well chosen by the club and my friend [CEO Beppe] Marotta. It’s a pleasure to watch Inter on TV.”

The former centre-forward doesn’t see any similarities between himself and Romelu Lukaku, but stressed the Belgian forward ‘was reborn’ in Milan.

“He’s different. He’s physically a colossus,” Rummenigge said. “But he gets along technically too. He doesn’t only rely on his physical nature, he’s good.

“In the derby he made an exceptional assist to Lautaro. Lukaku has technical skills that were not seen so much in Manchester. He too was reborn thanks to Inter.”

Rummenigge said the Nerazzurri have done well to not let the situation off the pitch influence the Scudetto battle.

“I heard of the difficulties,” he said. “I’m sorry, but also in this respect they are doing well in the dressing room.

“They don’t let themselves be influenced in the least. It’s a team with great character, they have a great desire to win.”

Bayern Munich have been linked with a move for Marcelo Brozovic, but the chairman said there hasn’t been any contact between the two clubs.

“We never had any contact, honestly,” Rummenigge added. “The market will be very complicated for everyone this year.

“Last year, the market was already a bit overwhelmed, this year it’s still down. The prices of players have fallen by 50 per cent, but the agents have ensured that the good players have kept their earnings at the old level.

“I feel that all the clubs in Europe are trying to lower the cost of wages. And every club – large, medium, and small – have their troubles.”

---

I think the opinion of someone like Rummenigge matters more than that of Cassano tbh.

·
Registered
64,502 Posts

·
Registered
64,502 Posts
Vieri and Cassano defend Pirlo
Football Italia

Christian Vieri and Antonio Cassano defend Andrea Pirlo and the former Roma striker says Napoli’s Diego Demme is a ‘little Kante.’

Pirlo is under fire after Juventus’ 1-0 defeat against Benevento in Turin.

“Juventus are not doing well, for so many reasons,” said Vieri during 'Bobo TV' on Twitch.

“Next season I would stick with Pirlo without thinking twice. Juventus have been eliminated from the Champions League, and they are not going so well in Serie A.

“However, after nine titles in a row, it can happen not to win. Juventus are missing 20 goals from Paulo Dybala, he is not a regular player, he is a champion.
Juventus have young players, but it takes time.”

Cassano shares the same view.

“The future depends on what Ronaldo, Bonucci, Chiellini and Buffon will do. The responsibility for this situation is down to the club,” the former Roma striker said.

“Pirlo has little responsibility. Last season, Juventus sacked the coach who had played the best football in Italy, but he had a problem, and it was Ronaldo.
“Pirlo wants to play good football, but Ronaldo is a problem for him too.
Ronaldo only thinks about his records. He is not the same player he used to be four years ago.

“Pirlo has just begun his coaching career. You can’t give him the responsibility to coach a player like Ronaldo.”

Cassano did also comment on Napoli and Gennaro Gattuso.

“If I were De Laurentiis, I would keep hold of Gattuso. He is doing an exceptional job. If he had won the Super Cup, he’d be a hero.

“They’ve never lost with Demme on the pitch. He is a little Kante

---

I understand that Vieri and Cassano wouldn't diss Pirlo as a former teammate who is just starting out as a coach, but hilarious to see Cassano question Conte's Inter yet make excuses for Pirlo who has a more expensive squad which is more used to winning than the squad Conte has at Inter. Oh and Cassano praising Gattuso who is 12 points behind Conte's Inter just because Napoli won a couple of recent games...

I agree with Vieri though, please Angelli keep Pirlol!

·
Registered
64,502 Posts
Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
64,502 Posts
Miranda is there too, an Inter contingent at Sao Paulo

Sao Paulo making good use of Jiangsu's situation.

·
Registered
46,677 Posts
Don't think we've posted about it here but Eder's pretty pissed with Suning (re: the club's alleged treatment of him and his teammates and their contracts) and isn't shy about letting people know about it.

·
Registered
64,502 Posts
Yeah he called them liars etc..

Obviously pissed over unpaid wages, and Suning clearly didn't give 2 shits about saving Jiangsu Suning.

·
Registered
46,677 Posts
Yeah, pretty much. His complaint seemed mostly centered over the lack of respect though...being led on and there being little to no communication from the club while the players were holed up in a hotel in some kind of limbo. Of course the players deserve more than that. At Inter, for example, the players were given clear statements regularly...you're just asking to destroy morale and burn bridges if you don't give them that.

·
Registered
64,502 Posts

Lol. As if anyone would believe this crap.

·
Registered
46,677 Posts
I'd like to hear his conspiracy theories.

·
Registered
18,163 Posts

·
Registered
64,502 Posts
He didn't start many games here though and iirc was mostly used as a right winger. But he also failed at Benfica so may be he is only good enough to play in Brazil, till he proves otherwise.

·
Registered
64,502 Posts
Duncan accepts apology over racial abuse
Football Italia

Cagliari midfielder Alfred Duncan has accepted an apology from the mother of a teenager who racially abused him on social media after the game against Roma.

Duncan is only the last Serie A player subjected to racist abuse on social media.

The former Fiorentina midfielder published on Instagram the insulting messages he received after the game against Roma on Sunday.

It emerged the user who racially abused the 28-year-old and insulted his family is a teenager whose mother apologised to Duncan after he published the stories.
Duncan confirmed the mother contacted both him and the club to give her apologies.

"I accept the apology because she understood the mistake and attempted to rectify it. I have little interest in racist insults, but never go after someone's parents and we should know that behind every footballer are people who have made sacrifices to arrive where they have," Duncan wrote on Instagram,” Duncan wrote in an Instagram story.
"This should be a lesson primarily for the parents because we are the reflection of our children."

Cagliari published the screenshot of the story on Twitter and praised their midfielder: “A lesson in respect, congratulations.”
Una lezione di rispetto.
Complimenti, @Fredinho41 #forzaCasteddu pic.twitter.com/aclCwcK2lm

·
Registered
64,502 Posts
Deki wins the Serbian league with Red Star again. Well done Deki. 👏

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
46,677 Posts
Is there a video of this? Deki flexing with the horn section, lol.

1201 - 1220 of 1227 Posts