Xtratime Community banner

1061 - 1080 of 1128 Posts

·
Registered
61,114 Posts
lol why?

Failed to mark de jong, Sevilla equalised.

Poor defensive header reached Diego Carlos, Sevilla win 3-2

2 defensive blunders in a final. To me that is unforgivable. Don't give a shit about his career or whatever, he failed us in the most important match, not once but twice.

De Vrij is suspended against Fiorentina so we will probably see Bastoni in the middle, with Kolarov lcb and DD rcb, especially with the Frog and Skriniar possibly leaving.

·
Registered
45,663 Posts
Yes, he's made some big errors. Not sure that warrants wanting him to fail at Cagliari though, lol.

It's not that he didn't seem to try to apply himself or that he came across as lazy or arrogant or selfish or caused trouble. For his errors, it's not that he wasn't trying to do the right thing and decided to do something insane. So I can't really find a reason to dislike the guy.

He wasn't right for us though...think we can all agree on that...but given his age and the fact he was already on a bit of a decline when he came over, this wasn't a massive shock for any of us.

·
Registered
61,114 Posts
Yes, he's made some big errors. Not sure that warrants wanting him to fail at Cagliari though, lol.

It's not that he didn't seem to try to apply himself or that he came across as lazy or arrogant or selfish or caused trouble. For his errors, it's not that he wasn't trying to do the right thing and decided to do something insane. So I can't really find a reason to dislike the guy.
What? Being responsible for 2 goals in a European final we lost isn't big enough a reason to dislike/hate a player? So you don't dislike Gresko after his mistake against Lazio in 2002?

·
Registered
61,114 Posts
Btw I actually wanted to say something a bit more severe about Godin but thought I would soften my comment a bit by only hoping he flops at Cagliari.

·
Registered
45,663 Posts
What? Being responsible for 2 goals in a European final we lost isn't big enough a reason to dislike/hate a player? So you don't dislike Gresko after his mistake against Lazio in 2002?
Of course I was pissed off about what he did.

But I don't have ill will towards the guy. He didn't have the ability...and it was a poor choice to buy him in the first place.

I guess my point is about culpability. You blame someone if the actions were intentional (e.g. causing problems in the lockerroom) or reckless to the outcome. If the guy just isn't good enough, then I'm not sure how he can be faulted.

·
Registered
61,114 Posts
Well naturally I would hate him more if he intentionally fucks up. Like Bari fans hating Masiello because he scored a deliberate og to fix a match, but still, a guy that makes 5mill or so and has experience and is known for his heading abilities should not **** up twice in the air in the same match.

·
Registered
61,114 Posts
Official: Candreva joins Samp
Football Italia

Sampdoria have announced the signing of midfielder Antonio Candreva from Inter on a four-year contract.

A statement on Samp’s official website confirms Candreva has arrived on a season-long loan with obligation to buy, reported to be worth in the region of €3m.

The 33-year-old enjoyed a return to form last season, scoring seven goals and providing nine assists in 40 games for Inter.
However, he was pushed down the Nerazzurri’s pecking order after they signed Aleksandar Kolarov and Achraf Hakimi.

In total, he played 151 times for the Beneamata, posting 18 goals and 31 assists in all competitions since signing from Lazio for €22m in the summer of 2016.

Candreva also has 54 caps for Italy but has not appeared for his country since March 2018.

Oh well, at least he will start and will wear another beautiful shirt.

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
61,114 Posts
Candreva assisted on his Samp debut against Benevento, great cross to Colley.

But his debut was ruined by former Inter player Luca Caldirola. The Benevento captain netted a double.

Another ex Inter player had a hand in the goals in that match, Federico Bonazzoli assisted Quagliarella

·
Registered
61,114 Posts
Lega announce Keita move to Sampdoria
Football Italia

The Lega Serie A have officially announced Keita Balde’s move from AS Monaco to Sampdoria.

The player is currently in home isolation, but the official website of the Lega Serie A has confirmed the contract has been registered.

The Senegalese 25-year-old has contracted coronavirus and his return to Italy has been pushed due to the quarantine period.

Keita has played for Lazio and Inter, and will move to Sampdoria on loan with an option to buy next summer.

---

Get well soon Keita

·
Registered
61,114 Posts
Candreva: 'I bring experience'
Football Italia

Sampdoria winger Antonio Candreva thanked coach Claudio Ranieri and patron Massimo Ferrero and hopes to help Fabio Quagliarella ‘score many goals’.

The former Inter man has moved to the Blucerchiati this summer and chipped in with an assist in his first game at the Marassi.
“Starting this new experience is nice,” he told the club’s official website. “I have a lot of enthusiasm and desire to do well.

"My new teammates have welcomed me, and the negotiations were quick. I was already talking to Quagliarella.

“I thank him, the coach and the President. I hope to help Fabio score many goals. We all know him, and I want to help Sampdoria.

“Ranieri always had great respect and esteem, many have told me so. We spoke in recent days, I’m here for him. Ferrero was also decisive.”

The 33-year-old has experience from Juventus, Lazio and the Nerazzurri, and continues to add to his 363 Serie A matches so far.

“I think I bring experience, enthusiasm and positivity,” Candreva added. “Sampdoria have a great history and don’t deserve a similar championship to last season.

“We aim for salvation and we have to keep our feet on the ground. I have a lot of desire, I can give a lot and I want to pass this on to my teammates “

·
Registered
16,603 Posts
Both Candreva and Godin are essentially being replaced by Darmian.

·
Registered
61,114 Posts

·
Registered
16,603 Posts

·
Registered
61,114 Posts
His numbers with Porto are excellent. Hopefully he does join Man U so I can get to see more of him, barely get any access to Portuguese footie here.

·
Registered
61,114 Posts
Fiorentina (3-5-2): Dragowski, Milenkovic, Ceccherini, Caceres; Chiesa, Bonaventura, Amrabat, Castrovilli, Biraghi; Kouame, Vlahovic

Sampdoria (4-4-2): Audero; Bereszynski, Yoshida, Tonelli, Augello; Candreva, Thorsby, Ekdal, Damsgaard; Ramirez, Quagliarella

---

Biraghi v Candreva tonight

I am away at my Mrs' parents though will try to catch a replay

·
Registered
61,114 Posts
Gobin losing his Cagliari debut 4-1 at halftime in Bergamo. Enjoyable. Particularly the way Zapata destroyed him before scoring the 4th. Hopefully Atalanta score a few more in the second half.

Atalanta have scored 12 goals in 2 matches and a half. Looks like our clean sheet in Bergamo last season will be the last time they fail to score in a while.

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
Gobin losing his Cagliari debut 4-1 at halftime in Bergamo. Enjoyable. Particularly the way Zapata destroyed him before scoring the 4th. Hopefully Atalanta score a few more in the second half.

Atalanta have scored 12 goals in 2 matches and a half. Looks like our clean sheet in Bergamo last season will be the last time they fail to score in a while.
Don't really understand the Godin hatred.

·
Registered
61,114 Posts
His shitty defending in EL final cost us 2 goals.

Rooting for Cagliari to go down this season.

·
Registered
61,114 Posts

Lol. 5 conceded, how utterly 'encouraging'

Cragno and the bar prevented this match from finishing 9-1

And Gasperini took off his best players in the second half.

1061 - 1080 of 1128 Posts