981 - 992 of 992 Posts

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Banega scored and assisted for Sevilla against Bilbao

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Alex Telles on the verge of winning the Portuguese league with Porto and his stats in it read 10 goals and 6 assists this season which is impressive. Only lasted a season at Inter in 15-16 (Mancini got him from Mancio's ex club Galatasaray) but Telles didn't convince much. Perhaps a second chance? Could be one to consider for LB..

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Karagounis: 'Vagiannidis can make it at Inter'
Football Italia

Georgios Karagounis has revealed he endured ‘two difficult seasons’ at Inter but thinks the new Inter starlet Georgios Vagiannidis ‘can make it’ at San Siro.

In July 2003, the former Panathinaikos man moved to Serie A on a free transfer but admitted he struggled to adapt to the pressure in Italy.

“After having played well with Greece, Inter came for me,” he told Il Posticipo. “In Milan I had two difficult seasons. There were many great players in the team, but many problems too.

“When you don’t win, there’s so much pressure and it grows day by day. That was our case.”

But the Greek midfielder doesn’t regret moving to Inter.

“Playing at Inter was a great experience. There were great people there, the staff was excellent. [Former President Massimo] Moratti was a fantastic person. It was really nice for me.”

Karagounis revealed he doesn’t personally know new boy Georgios Vagiannidis, who is set to move from Panathinaikos just like he did. But the 43-year-old believes the youngster can make it at San Siro.

“Unfortunately I don’t know him, because he played few times for the first team, only one game in the Greek championship.

“But I have been told that Vagiannidis has real potential. We hope he does well. He arrives at a great team, we all know it’s not easy to impose but when you are young, you can learn.

“If you work hard, you can do it. Vagiannidis has his future ahead of him.”

---

Karagounis didn't play enough at Inter imo

As for Vagiannidis, loan him out in a Serie A club where he will get more playing time.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Yesterday was the day of former Inter players scoring great goals in Serie A

Marco Faraoni for Verona in Firenze

Federico Bonazzoli for Samp in Udine

Starting from 2:34

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Monza set to sign Pazzini
Football Italia

Silvio Berlusconi’s Monza appear to have landed their big-name striker for Serie B in the form of Giampaolo Pazzini.

Monza had been linked with audacious moves for the likes of Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Mario Balotelli following their recent promotion.

However, Calciomercato.com reports they have reached a ‘broad agreement’ with Pazzini, who will become a free agent next month.

The 35-year-old helped Verona into Serie A with 12 goals last term but has managed just 251 minutes of football to date in 2019-20.

He is no stranger to the Lombardy area, having previously played for Atalanta, Inter and Milan, and has four goals in 25 Italy caps.

CM adds ‘Pazzo’ has already enrolled his children in a Milan-based school, in another indication he will play for the Biancorossi next season.

---

Good excuse to post this ;)

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Former Inter players Sergio Conceicao (currently Porto's coach) and Alex Telles won the Portuguese league earlier tonight after a 2-0 win against Sporting

Telles assisted the first from a corner kick

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Zenga: 'Nainggolan's season over'
Football Italia

Walter Zenga hit out at Cagliari for ‘gifting’ Sampdoria a 3-0 win yesterday and ‘thinks’ Radja Nainggolan’s season is over.
Cagliari had no response to Samp’s three goals and Zenga was disappointed about his team’s ‘lack of conviction’ going forward.

“We lacked conviction in our shooting, then we gifted them two goals, which crippled us,” he said after the game.

“We switched to a back four in the second half, but it didn’t do anything. Rather, we did better in the first half.

Federico Bonazzoli was particularly deadly, scoring a brace for Samp.

“He was very good, but it’s difficult to stay in the game after conceding similar goals. You pay for these mistakes in Serie A.
“My frustrations come from the fact that we were playing well and covering the pitch well.”

Nainggolan missed the trip to Marassi with a calf injury, so how serious is it?

“I think his season is over, in part because there are only two weeks left.”

---

Hmm Radja also had injury issues last season..

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Old but worth posting in this thread

Bravo Keita!

Keita Balde fights for seasonal workers

Football Italia

2 Months Ago

Former Lazio and Inter striker Keita Balde had to fight in order to find a hotel willing to host 200 seasonal workers in Spain, even when he paid for their food and lodgings.

The forward is currently playing for Monaco and expressed his frustration that the Senegalese workers were forced to sleep in the streets on cardboard.

Despite offering to pay for their food and lodgings, he still couldn’t find a hotel in Lleida prepared to open their doors, with 13 turning them away.

He announced today via Instagram that he was able to organise a hotel that would provide rooms for 90 of the 200 workers.

“I offered myself as a volunteer to help them, seeing as they had nothing and were sleeping on cardboard,” he said in a video.

“I am not here to fight a moral, social or racial war. I just sent the necessary money for them to have a roof over their heads, food to eat and some clean clothes.”

Keita is a 25-year-old forward who was born and raised in Spain, but his family originates from Senegal and he plays his international football for the African country.

He spent most of his career in Italy with Lazio from 2011-17, then back to Inter on loan from Monaco in 2018-19.

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
59,120 Posts

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Pandev made an assist as Genoa won 3-0 against Verona to stay up.

Must have pleased the likes of Milito, Motta and Palacio

981 - 992 of 992 Posts