Xtratime Community banner

901 - 918 of 918 Posts

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Ibra: 'Could join Napoli, Inter, Bologna'
Football Italia

Zlatan Ibrahimovic explained why he could return to Serie A for Inter, Napoli or even Bologna. “It remains the most difficult league in the world.”

The LA Galaxy forward spoke to La Gazzetta dello Sport and you can read the rest of his interview here.

“I appreciated the recent documentary about Diego Maradona and nobody was like him. Seeing the love that the city had for him, it makes me feel like I’d enjoy an experience at Napoli: it’d be fantastic to replicate what Diego did there.

“I’m not saying I will go there, as the final decision depends on many aspects, that that is a fanbase that creates enthusiasm. With me in the team, the San Paolo would be packed every Sunday. Plus there’s Carlo Ancelotti, one of the greats.”

This is by no means the first time Zlatan has suggested he’d relish a Napoli experience, but President Aurelio De Laurentiis does not seem intent on investing in a 38-year-old striker with large salary demands.

There are other contenders, such as Antonio Conte’s Scudetto hopefuls Inter, which would also be a return for Ibra.

“I don’t know Conte personally, but everyone says he gives 500 per cent every single day. In that, we are the same, so I imagine we’d get along very well. We both believe that the spirit of sacrifice is the only path to success.

“Inter really have a great coup in getting Conte. Juve remain the favourites, but the Nerazzurri are certainly growing. Napoli need something more and everyone else is further behind.

“The big clubs are investing now and I do not change my belief that Serie A, especially for a striker, remains the reference point and the most difficult league in the world.”

There is another very intriguing option for Ibrahimovic if he were to come back to Italy, reuniting with old friend Sinisa Mihajlovic during his battle against leukaemia.

“Mihajlovic is a friend, so if I were to choose Bologna, it’d be just for him. We have spoken recently. He told me: ‘Zlatan, here the others would run for you. All you need to do is stay up there and put the ball in the net.’

“I thank him, but it’s probably unlikely to happen. If I change my mind, then I’ll call him straight away, especially because I could still get 20 goals in Serie A.”

---

As a free transfer perche no..

Although if he goes to Napoli and wins the Scudetto there it would be a bigger feat than winning it again with us.

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Earlier today in Serie A

Not bad at all..

We know he can hit a ball. Bologna, Samp and juve from last season come to mind for Inter, and a couple against us..

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Motta confirms Genoa move
Football Italia

Thiago Motta has confirmed that he will become the next Genoa Coach, telling reporters he is “ready to get going”.

Motta accepted an offer of employment from Genoa earlier today and will commence his duties tomorrow.

Tuttomercatoweb caught up with the former Italy midfielder as he arrived in the Ligurian capital and told its correspondent he was “ready to get going”.

The move marks a return to Marassi for the 37-year-old after he played for them during the 2008-09 campaign.

It will also be his first senior position in management, having so far only coached Paris Saint-Germain’s Under-19 team.

---

Risky move from Preziosi.

Good luck to Motta though.

The 'ready to get going' bit reminded me with Bob W the Bat

Let's GO

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Interestingly, Motta will coach ex teammate and fellow Treble winner Pandev. :)

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Preziosi: Motta will surprise everyone
Football Italia

Genoa President Enrico Preziosi believes Thiago Motta will “surprise everyone” as the club’s Coach.

Motta will be formalised as Aurelio Andreazzoli’s successor later today, but his appointment at Genoa is seen as something of a gamble, given he has only previously coached Paris Saint-Germain’s Under-19 team.

“He has clear ideas and great quality,” Preziosi told Il Secolo XIX

“I’m sure he’ll surprise everyone. He has the same grit from when he was a player. He’s someone with 13 balls.

“He knows Genoa well, he’s seen all our games: he knows what needs to be done to revive this team.”

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Official: Genoa appoint Motta
Football Italia

Genoa have officially appointed former Italy midfielder Thiago Motta as their new Coach and he has already taken charge of the first training session.

Aurelio Andreazzoli was fired earlier today, although the Motta announcement arrived several hours later.

Motta played for the Rossoblu during the 2008-09 campaign, rebuilding his career as he earned future moves to Inter and Paris Saint-Germain.

The 37-year-old was born in Brazil but represented Italy on 30 occasions, helping them reach the Final of Euro 2012.

He retired from professional football at the end of 17-18 and spent last season coaching PSG’s Under-19 team.

Although his tenure ended over the summer, it went viral after he spoke of his desire to adopt a 2-7-2 formation without a goalkeeper.

Motta takes charge of a Genoa side who have lost six of their last seven games, resulting in Andreazzoli’s demise.

He may opt to promote U17 boss Roberto Murgita as he currently does not possess the qualifications needed to manage in Serie A, although he has been studying at Coverciano.

Image via genoacfc.it

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
As per Livescore yeah but I saw it and that's not really an assist though is it? He took a shot, goalie saved it and another player scored the rebound.

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Livescore is great mind you. They are also doing those live maps nowadays that show who is attacking etc..

They do write funny things though iirc in their updates like a dangerous throw in..

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
ADL drops Zlatan-Napoli hint
Football Italia

Aurelio De Laurentiis has hinted that Zlatan Ibrahimovic could join Napoli in January. “He’s a desire of mine, but it depends on him...”

Ibrahimovic has made no secret of his desire to end his career at Napoli and his contract with LA Galaxy expires in two months’ time.

“Above all, he’s all a friend,” De Laurentiis told TV Luna.

“I met him not as a footballer but as a normal person in Los Angeles because we were staying at the same hotel and we spent a couple of extraordinary days together.

“I invited him to dinner with his wife and very polite children, and we had an amazing evening together.

“When you see him on the pitch he’s someone, but he’s someone else off it.

“He’s a desire of mine rather than a suggestion, but it depends on him and not me. Everything has its own logic.

“It’s been talked about for a few months...”

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Gabigol has scored a fine goal for Flamengo against Gremio in the Libertadores semis second leg to make it 2-0 (really good shot), and then calmly dispatched a penalty to make it 3-0. Flamengo drew the first leg 1-1 away from home.

Flamengo v River in the final, which will be a one off game (in Chile late November)

Flamengo do have recognizable names. Jorge Jesus is their coach, their GK is ex Valencia goalie Diego Alves, their LB is Filipe Luis, their RB is Rafinha, ex Roma player Gerson plays there..

Me thinks they will win Libertadores. Hopefully they do it for JC and Adriano too. :)

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Nainggolan: Conte crazy about me!
Football Italia

Cagliari midfielder Radja Nainggolan admits “I would’ve liked to be coached by Antonio Conte. He was crazy about me.”

Conte was keen to take Nainggolan to Chelsea, which is why the Belgian’s loan to Cagliari from Inter in August came as something of a surprise.

“I would’ve liked to be coached by him: in a month I was able to appreciate his determination and ideas,” the 31-year-old told DAZN.

“He was very clear and straightforward, saying openly when something wasn’t right.

“During preseason, he took me aside to tell me he was crazy about me and also wanted me at Chelsea but that it was a decision made by the club and shared by him.

“He told me directly and right from the first day, and I appreciate people who tell you things to your face.”

---

Could have been useful with Sensi injured.. but what happened, happened.

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
'Flamengo plan to keep Gabigol'
Football Italia

Flamengo Vice-President Marcos Braz has confirmed that his club will “make every effort” to keep Inter loanee Gabriel Barbosa beyond December 31.

Gabigol has exploded into life this calendar year, scoring 26 goals for Flamengo in the League and Copa Libertadores, including a brace against Gremio to fire his side into the Final of the latter.

The forward’s performances have also seen him return to the Brazil squad, but they have too been noticed by Inter fans, an increasing number of whom would like him to be given a second chance.

“Conversations for his stay are underway, but it’s still too early,” Braz told Lance.

“We’ve started talking to his agents. I don’t think there will be any problems if he wants to stay.

“Flamengo will make a strong and satisfying proposal. We’ll make every effort to keep him.”

As it stands, the 23-year-old will return to the Nerazzurri on January 1, although there has been talk of the Brazilian outfit already agreeing a permanent deal.

---

Would you guys take him back?

I wouldn't mind that tbh

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Motta: If Genoa will play 2-7-2...
Football Italia

Thiago Motta explains the 2-7-2 was a concept that “tried to take importance away from numbers” as he describes coaching Genoa as an “honour”.

Motta was officially unveiled as Genoa’s new Coach on Wednesday, the former Italy midfielder returning to the club where he kickstarted his career in 2008.

“The feelings are good, for me coming back here is a great opportunity and an honour,” he began.

“The situation is difficult, but through working I’m convinced we can get out of it. For this shirt, we have to give everything every day.

“In 2008, Genoa changed my situation. Now I really want to coach the squad and change our fortunes.

“It was enough for Preziosi and I to look into each other’s to find the agreement. I have lots of ideas, but I reiterate the importance of giving my best at all times.

“In the eyes of the lads, I’ve seen that they have what it takes. I made more of a heartfelt speech to the squad than a mental one.

“I’ve always been the same person, only my role has changed. As a Coach I’ll always be fair towards the players.

“We have an interesting squad, both in terms of quality and quantity. Our next game against Brescia will be difficult for both teams.

“They have good individuals, but we’re playing at home and we want to make the game ours.

“I expect a good reception for the team, not me. I had the honour of wearing this shirt, I know what it means. The players must never forget that this is a very important team.”

The 37-year-old was then asked about several of his underperforming stars, including former teammates Domenico Cristico and Goran Pandev.

“Criscito’s an important player for us, he can give us a hand like everyone else. He’s very important, given he’s the captain, but I expect a lot from everyone.

“We all know what kind of player Schone is, he played for a great team like Ajax. He’s not yet at the level of last year, but I’m sure he’ll give us a big hand.

“When we talk about defence, we have to take the whole team into consideration: the strikers are the first defenders.

“Gasperini was the best Coach I had in my career. I learned a lot from him, so facing him will be an honour.

“The derby is still far away, we have to think about the present. Right now, the most important thing is the match against Brescia.

“I never thought I’d make my managerial debut against Balotelli. I wish him the best, but not on Saturday.

“In addition to being a great player, Pandev’s a person of great value within the group.”

Motta’s spell in charge of Paris Saint-Germain’s Under-19 team saw him talk up a 2-7-2 formation with no goalkeeper, so will he use the system at Marassi?

“Anyone must be able to read it however they want. I’ve only tried to take importance away from the numbers.

“I dream so many things, but this isnt the time to dream. We must work day after day.”

---

Nacka won't like the Gasperini part, but even Mourinho himself praised Gasperini before.

Sure the CL results with Atalanta are poor but imo Gasp is the best coach in Serie A for the past 3 seasons. If Atalanta make CL again this season then wow. What an achievement.

·
Registered
43,218 Posts
Just watched Verona - Brescia.

Balotelli picks up the ball and blasts it into the Curva after receiving racist abuse and then wants to walk off the pitch. He's stopped by various players who plead with him to stay, which he does eventually. Good on him for that.

That happened when Brescia was trailing 0-1. They still lost 1-2 but Balotelli scored a peach, right into the top right corner. Really cool goal.

The guy has wasted a lot but he had the gift. Looking back at our Treble season, he contributed a lot more than most of us would want to admit.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,680 Posts
Just watched Verona - Brescia.

Balotelli picks up the ball and blasts it into the Curva after receiving racist abuse and then wants to walk off the pitch. He's stopped by various players who plead with him to stay, which he does eventually. Good on him for that.

That happened when Brescia was trailing 0-1. They still lost 1-2 but Balotelli scored a peach, right into the top right corner. Really cool goal.

The guy has wasted a lot but he had the gift. Looking back at our Treble season, he contributed a lot more than most of us would want to admit.
I think most will agree that he had a pretty good season. But he tainted his entire Inter legacy in the Barca game when he was prepared to throw the game and in effect our whole CL campaign just because he was a bit sulky that day.

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
What do you mean 'had'???

He's still one of the most creative and magical players playing today. They only abuse him because he's good.

901 - 918 of 918 Posts