Xtratime Community banner

881 - 900 of 938 Posts

·
Registered
57,644 Posts
Luis Jimenez, famously nicknamed Jimegol by Azzkikr, is still active.

Plys his trade for Saudi giants Ittihad.

My best memories of Jimenez were the goals he scored to help us en route to the Scudetto of 2008. The goal against Torino in particular was excellent, and an important goal in Firenze. Also scored v Palermo iirc.

Attachments

·
Registered
57,644 Posts
First of many :stuckup:

Saw Saints v Man U today and Cedric Soares could have defended better on the Man U goal.

·
Registered
57,644 Posts
Eto'o announces retirement
Football Italia

Former Inter, Barcelona and Sampdoria striker Samuel Eto’o has announced his retirement at the age of 38.

He hung up his boots after 56 goals in 118 senior caps for Cameroon and had most recently been playing for Qatar Sports Club.

Eto’o had two Serie A spells, most famously at Inter in 2009-11, when he won the Treble under Jose Mourinho in 2010.

He also moved to Sampdoria for just six months in 2015.

His other clubs include Real Madrid, Leganes, Espanyol, Mallorca, Barcelona, Anzhi, Chelsea, Everton, Antalyaspor, Konyaspor and Qatar SC.

Over the years, Eto’o won four editions of the Champions League with three different clubs, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Inter.

With Inter, he also won the Club World Cup, Italian Super Cup, Scudetto and two editions of the Coppa Italia.

---

Grazie Eto'o.

Best goals I remember him scoring for us were the ones v Parma at home in 09-10, Livorno in the same season (acrobatic) and Cagliari in 10-11 away. Though the most important goal is the one at Stamford Bridge in Treble season. The control, the finish..

·
Registered
57,644 Posts
Mihaljovic 'in very good condition'
Football Italia

The hospital where Sinisa Mihajlovic is undergoing a second round of chemotherapy says the Bologna boss is in ‘very good’ condition.

Mihajlovic completed the first stage of his leukaemia treatment on August 28 and appeared in the dugout for both of Bologna’s opening Serie A games against Verona and SPAL.

It was then confirmed on Monday that the Coach had been readmitted to Sant’Orsola-Malpighi Polyclinic for phase two.

“The patient’s clinical condition is very good,” the hospital said in a statement.

“The tests carried out before he was released the first time showed a satisfactory outcome from his first cycle of chemotherapy.”

Consequently, the 50-year-old will not be present when the Rossoblu travel to Brescia this weekend.

---

Bologna is probably everyone's second team this season.

·
Registered
57,644 Posts
Palacio scored and assisted in Bologna's dramatic 4-3 win at Brescia today. Perhaps I should have watched that instead of deciding to take a nap.

·
Registered
57,644 Posts
In the CL, Perisic assisted for Bayern against Red Star and João Mario assisted for Lokomotiv against Leverkusen.

·
Registered
57,644 Posts
Coutinho and Perisic scored for Bayern against Koln.

·
Registered
57,644 Posts
They are playing in the CL and have a decent squad though, Lokomotiv. Some well known names in it like Eder (the Euro 2016 hero), Howedes, Farfan, Krychowiak etc..

·
Registered
57,644 Posts
Duncan scored for Sassuolo v Spal earlier today

I believe he assisted v Roma last week too so seems like he started this season well.

·
Registered
57,644 Posts
FIGC to probe Dalbert racism
Football Italia

The FIGC will open an investigation into the racial abuse aimed at Fiorentina left-back Dalbert by Atalanta fans last night.

The incident was so severe that referee Daniele Orsato was forced to intervene, suspending play for three minutes so the stadium announcer could warn of a possible abandonment.

Now, the FIGC’s Giudice Sportivo panel has confirmed that the federal prosecutor will look into the extent of the abuse and its origin, as well as ask Dalbert for his opinion on events.

Moise Kean, Blaise Matuidi, Romelu Lukaku and Franck Kessie have all been subjected to monkey chants in the last couple of years, yet none of the cases warranted punishments.

Elsewhere, Roma defender Gianluca Mancini and Verona’s Marash Kumbulla will both miss the midweek round of Serie A with one-match bans.

·
Registered
57,644 Posts
Guarin joined Vasco da Gama

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Joao Mario, somewhat amazingly, has 4 assists in 5 games for Lokomotiv.

Hopefully this means they sign him.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,874 Posts
Joao Mario, somewhat amazingly, has 4 assists in 5 games for Lokomotiv.

Hopefully this means they sign him.
Or if he keeps doing well we'll hopefully be able to sell him to someone else.

Gabigol keeps scoring for Flamengo so I hope we'll be able to find a buyer for him in january when the loan expires.

·
Registered
43,517 Posts
He's a nice dude. Not sure what happened but it sounds from his vague comments like he had a big falling out with someone at Inter and couldn't stay. His drop more or less coincided with Spalletti's arrival...just saying.

·
Registered
57,644 Posts
Mihajlovic video message for Bologna
Football Italia

Sinisa Mihajlovic recorded a video message for Bologna fans after finishing his second course of chemotherapy. “You gave me so much strength.”

The Coach was diagnosed with leukaemia in July and has been able to attend three of Bologna’s seven Serie A matches this season, with permission from his doctors.

He sent a video that was shown ahead of tonight’s special friendly match at the Stadio Dall’Ara between Bologna Legends (including Beppe Signori and Kennet Andersson) and Real Madrid Legends (such as Roberto Carlos and Ivan Campo) to mark the Rossoblu’s 110th birthday.

“I’m sorry I couldn’t be there with you, but I came out of hospital yesterday and really wanted to go home and spend some time with my wife and my children. I hope you understand that,” said Mihajlovic in a video message.

“I wanted to thank you all, the Bologna fans, the club, for everything you’ve done for me. For all those moments when you stayed close to me and gave me so much strength during this unusual time.

“I am fighting this illness, but I am sure that it’s going well, I will win this battle thanks also to you and the love of my family.

“I wanted to say hello to the Real Madrid lads, as they came to celebrate 110 years of Bologna and all the citizens of Bologna should be very proud.

“In particular, I say hi to my brothers Christian Karembeu and Clarence Seedorf, I love you guys. I also tell Marco (Di Vaio) that we mustn’t get this wrong, we need to win and do well, as always.”

#LaPartitaDelleLeggende: il meraviglioso messaggio di #Mihajlovic proiettato allo stadio per i 110 anni del #Bologna pic.twitter.com/62EHaMj0sV

·
Registered
43,517 Posts
Finally. A Zanetti compilation which does him some justice. This showcases a lot more of his block tackling-slalom combos.

There's tons more footage, obviously...the guy did this pretty much in every game he played in the Inter shirt. But credit to the guy who did this. Excellent job.

·
Registered
57,644 Posts

:heart:

Btw attachments aren't working. Anyone knows why and what is the solution?

·
Registered
57,644 Posts

The Inter of the Germans.

881 - 900 of 938 Posts