Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a question i was pondering about, i think it's fair to say that the south americans and africans surpass you clearly in this department.

i wanted to see your opinoins on this. sure young and up and coming players like c.ronaldo and imbrahimovic posses a substantial amount of flair, but to collabarate flair and productivity is a different matter altogether.

flair consists of great ability and talent together with dribbling skills, not to mention the joy they engulf in most fans.

here's my shortlist of players that collaberated both flair and effectiveness on the field, a few of them could also be in the running for best euro player of all time...

platini
eusebio
zidane
hagi
boban
baggio
puskas
no di stefano coz i consider him south american

maybe a moderater can make a poll

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Savicevic had a lot of flair as well.

Cruijff, Zola, Rui Costa, Bergkamp, Gascoigne are all players that come to mind as well off the top of my head.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Ricardo Zamora, Nicolai Trusjevich, Ladislao Kubala, Luis Suarez, Vitor Paneira,
Rivaldo, Ronaldinho Deco

to name just a few ;)

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
i can take South American but African players ? name the top 10 African flair players and i can name 50 Europeans.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bier said:
Ricardo Zamora, Nicolai Trusjevich, Ladislao Kubala, Luis Suarez, Vitor Paneira,
Rivaldo, Ronaldinho Deco

to name just a few ;)
good list but rivaldo and ronaldhino are not europeans deco well we know his story...

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Ooops ... yeah my mistake ... I thought because they play in Europe :nervous: :D

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jern Lizardhous said:
i can take South American but African players ? name the top 10 African flair players and i can name 50 Europeans.
quite an ignorant statement... :frownani:

first of most knowledgeble football fans would admit that if there is anything that african players do posses it's flair. having flair doesn't necessarily mean productivity/effectiveness or even being in the top three best player list... :rolleyes:

here's my short list of the top my head of players
the nigerian super eagles of 94 :star:
g.weah
patrick mboma
julius aghahowa
oba martins
sam eto'o
mohammed zidan (egyptian one)
jj okocha :star:
shobani nonda
pienaar
tribelsi
oh yea and of course viera(senegal) :tongue: :jester:

to me too much emphasis on flair is a detrimental reason of africa's progress in world football.you can have all the flair in the world but unless you cooperate it with tactical awareness,organization and disciplin it's useless

nations in the past like brazil,france and portugal can take credit for combining all these things

·
Registered
625 Posts
Drulo said:
Savicevic had a lot of flair as well.
:thmbup:

No doubt, both Boban and Savicevic were great players and MILAN legends. I love both of them.
Boban was more consistent.
But when it comes to flair/creativity, Savicevic wins hands down.
It doesn't make sense to have Boban in the list but ignore Savicevic.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
SOC_FAN said:
here's my short list of the top my head of players
the nigerian super eagles of 94 :star:
g.weah
patrick mboma
julius aghahowa
oba martins
sam eto'o
mohammed zidan (egyptian one)
jj okocha :star:
shobani nonda
pienaar
tribelsi
oh yea and of course viera(senegal) :tongue: :jester:
Where the bloody hell is Kanu!? He should be listed on his own, he is (was) the definition of flair.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
khimik said:
Where the bloody hell is Kanu!? He should be listed on his own, he is (was) the definition of flair.
ofcourse kanu should be there....just made a quick list of the top my head ;)

·
63,337 Posts
SOC_FAN said:
quite an ignorant statement... :frownani:
it's not ignorant at all as your list proves, yeah Trabelsi and Aghahowa really have flair compared to the likes of Cruyff, Best and Baggio, maybe Aghahowa does better backflips. :D

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
it's not ignorant at all as your list proves, yeah Trabelsi and Aghahowa really have flair compared to the likes of Cruyff, Best and Baggio, maybe Aghahowa does better backflips. :D
you stole my thunder, Jern. i'd describe Martins in much the same way. he runs very fast and is a good finisher but imho the only real flair is in the somersaults. Adriano and Recoba at the same club make him look about as flash as Corradi.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
My parents were born in Africa/Yemen and Im not going to be all defensive because I know for a fact enivoriment has alot to do with it. I mean if Africa had the facilities theres no doubt we could easily name loads of flair players born in Africa.

Guys like Pele Zidane etc, African roots like everyone else on this planet. Its not always about the passion people have for the game because in Africa kids play football way more than in alot of european countries for example. Only with plastic bags rolled up etc, Diet is poor in most places obviously and you'd be lucky to see a grass pitch in your lifetime, Apart from on the television.

So obviously Africa isn't the best place to play the game but to find talent players/people who can use their feet to play and walk to move to anywhere in the world to play the game it is. Its the people that play at the end of the day, Not where they live.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
What do you mean by flair? Flair just means natural talent, be it for goalkeeping, man-marking or sending daisy-cutters into the bottom corner.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Vagabondo said:
you stole my thunder, Jern. i'd describe Martins in much the same way. he runs very fast and is a good finisher but imho the only real flair is in the somersaults. Adriano and Recoba at the same club make him look about as flash as Corradi.
But Kanu, meanwhile, has flair ;)

·
63,337 Posts
khimik said:
But Kanu, meanwhile, has flair ;)
yeah Kanu has more flair in his little toe than Aghahowa has in his whole body, perhaps if someone put a rocket up his arse he would have become a top footballer. :D

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
yeah Kanu has more flair in his little toe than Aghahowa has in his whole body, perhaps if someone put a rocket up his arse he would have become a top footballer. :D
to be fair Kanu's little toe wouldn't weigh much less than Aghahowa. doesn't he have size 16 feet or something :D

1 - 20 of 56 Posts