Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry but I don't see the button to make a poll so just type the name of the players that you think are deserving.

My pics:
Manuel Pablo ( I think he'l be backup to that Real boy)
Sergio
Valeron:star: (Obviously!)
Victor
Luque
Tristan

The only one doubtful from there is Tristan..if he picks up himself from now till the end he'l go I'm preety sure.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
I think the only sure players on that list are the maestro Valeron and maybe Manuel Pablo. There is too many class players in Sergio's and Luque's position for them to go although they are great players. Sergio has to compete with the likes of Baraja, Albelda, Xabi and Xavi and as Luque with Vicente and Reyes. Spain has an abundance of great talent in the midfield and getting a place even as a back up is quite an achievement :star:

Victor should be there IMO instead of Etxeberria and with Joaquin being so incosistent as he is, Victor would be a great additionbut i dont think its going to happen.

Tristan is a big No for me. The guy hasnt done crap this season and always plays like crap for La Seleccion. Morientes is a hundred times better.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Valeron
Luque
manuel Pablo
Victor
TRISTAN

Tristan is a great player,just needs to get his game back.
i would definatly take him with me

:strong: :strong:

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Hala Madrid said:
Tristan is a big No for me. The guy hasnt done crap this season and always plays like crap for La Seleccion. Morientes is a hundred times better.
Tristan hasn't had a good season but to say he always plays crap for Spain is wrong. He has had a lot of good games, the only difference with Morientes is that he played for Real Madrid as starter and was an obvious selection for Camacho, as he got so many chances he also scored. If Tristan had had so many opportunities, he would have delivered. Considering this season it has to be Torres and Morientes though with Reyes and Luque as guys who can take the role if needed.

What about César? Besides Puyol, Spain doesn't have better defenders.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Players who deserve to be there:

Molina
Pablo
Segio
Victor
Luque
Valeron :star:

Although its sure they wont all go, players who I think are going to be called:

Valeron
Victor
Luque

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
If Saez was sane, then Victor wouldn't be on the list ( it's 2 friendlies from the competetion:eek: ). But since not even god knows what's going on in Saez's head, I think Jesus Gil could get on the team if he caught his eye:tongue:.

Knowone has meanchened that Depor have 2 good leftbacks in Capdevilla and Romero that Spain could use. Romero played fantastic vs. Milan and Capdevilla has already been called so that is something that no other Spanish team has.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
my list of depor is exactly the same as most of yours. victor, valeron and luque. valeron for sure is the least replaceable guy in the national team. i can't imagine what if without this magician. luque could bring us some surprise with his shooting in some dead air. imo, his shooting accuracy is not always high, but could be perfect in good form. victor is always forgotten by outsiders really. he is great and probably the best spaniard right winger. in general, his competitor joaquin is better without doubt. but now we are considering the upcoming euro 04. good condition is a must. since joaquin is not doing well while victor does, i would even play victor as a regular one in euro 04.

Koeman4 said:
IMO, too slow and he's not regular in Depor. He's behind Andrade and Naybet.
a bit unfair to compare him with andrade. andrade is one of the best in the league and naybet is in great form. these two are too good to be compared with imo. i like cesar, impressed by his only national match i watched against norway on away. have a trial!

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
by the way, if this is a thread for players to euro 04, we should not only talk about spanish players. i'm not sure how is andrade in the portuguese national team. but i guess he is a must.

about players at the edge. pablo may have even better potential than the regular salgado. but i think he is a bit unconsistent and may not maintain this good form, for his late-recovery from serious injury, until euro 04. in fact he has just began shining again lately that we can't expect too much. and depor defenders are quite good to be the national team' defence's reserve. romero, capdevila, cesar (mentioned above), hector and sergio should either be considered when the regulars are not available.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ivan Helguera said:
in general, his competitor joaquin is better without doubt.
Without doubt? No,I don't think so. I'd take Victor over him anyday. Joaquin is so hyped and overrated.He did shine in last world cup but after that he's been just crappy. Victor and Exteberria are the best right-wingers in Spain IMO.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
phethida said:
Without doubt? No,I don't think so. I'd take Victor over him anyday. Joaquin is so hyped and overrated.He did shine in last world cup but after that he's been just crappy. Victor and Exteberria are the best right-wingers in Spain IMO.
Among these three, Joaquin is the best. Victor the second and Etxeberria the third IMO. Hyped? I fail to see this. May you explain? Yup, he is poor this season. But said I have said, in the same form, I find Joaquin better. Victor at peak (now) plays better than Joaquin in current form. I prefer Victor as our right winger in the coming Euro 04. After that, we have to decide up to their performance. In the world, none is close Joaquin in dribbling. Simply the best in this aspect, a mile better than Victor and Etxebrria. And his crossing and shooting are either not weaker than these two. Your thoughts?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts