Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Rookie of the Year 2007
10,003 Posts
Maldini seems like a good candidate for a top manager career. He is well respected and has heaps of experience at playing at a top club winning everything their is to win.

I think he has the balls to handle the pressure that comes with being a manager.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree with Maldini and he simply knows us inside and out.
He did say a couple of times that he does not want to be Manager, but I think he will change his mind :)

BTW i think we should bump this thread in about 10 years and see how we did with our predictions for good managers :D

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Maka; I think he reads the game well. He has a ballanced personality. Has worked with some of the best coaches in the World and has plenty of expirance in different types of teams. Highly respected. Although not very vocal he is a leader on the pitch. His game is very teamwork orianted.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I guess Deco will make a good manager. Also, Ballack, Maldini, Pirlo & Javier Zanetti are the other potential candidates.

·
Gracies, Turkiye!
19,988 Posts
how does that make him a good manager :googly:
Well he is one of the first names that comes to mind when thinking of current players who would/should become good managers, and thats mainly thanks to his personality and abilities.

Others are Pirlo, Frings, Henrik Larsson, X. Alonso, Nesta, Yahya Toure, Terry, Raul, Vieira and so on..

·
Scudetto
23,460 Posts
I hope Maldini doesn't become a manager. I'd hate to see fans treat him like they treat other legends like van Basten and Rijkaard.

I hope he gets some sort of Johan Cruyff role at Milan :hopeful:

Pirlo would not make a good manager IMO, he's too quiet and you can't exactly motivate your team from the sidelines by sending inch perfect long balls, can you?

From Milan, I'd say Nesta, Ambrosini and Cafu.

In general, Zanetti, Raul :)D) and probably Puyol!

·
Gracies, Turkiye!
19,988 Posts
Pirlo would not make a good manager IMO, he's too quiet and you can't exactly motivate your team from the sidelines by sending inch perfect long balls, can you?
I was more thinking about his vision, game intelligence and tactical disposition. I don't buy the quiet talk, Rijkaard is also seen as pretty quiet and looking at his career thus far he's been doing pretty good. Besides, people might change their personality.

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
"You don't have to have been a horse to be a jockey"

- Arrigo Sacchi

On the question, I think Xavi from Barcelona would make a good coach.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts