Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have a clue, that's why I'm asking; as a side note is Tchami still playing? what a great dude Alphonse.

·
Registered
63,278 Posts
Ivory Coast and Morocco are currently the best two sides in Africa, IMHO. Both sides play great collective football and have some really exciting players.

Ivory Coast are close to Germany, as Cameroon aren't doing well at the moment and as usual we're a mess, while Morocco needs to battle it out with African Champions Tunisia and Guinea first.

As for Tchami, haven't heard of him in years but I can tell you that he's not playing for Cameroon anymore now.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Information about zimbabwe and zanzibar league

Who know the league about Zimbabwe and Zanzibar?
I would know some information about the team that play in this league same line-up , social colour , stadium etc. so all.

Thank bye bye :confused:

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Nerazzurri4life said:
Ivory Coast and Morocco are currently the best two sides in Africa, IMHO. Both sides play great collective football and have some really exciting players.

Ivory Coast are close to Germany, as Cameroon aren't doing well at the moment and as usual we're a mess, while Morocco needs to battle it out with African Champions Tunisia and Guinea first.

As for Tchami, haven't heard of him in years but I can tell you that he's not playing for Cameroon anymore now.
definitely ivory coast and morocco like nerazzurri4life stated...the ivory coast especially are high flying in their group

·
Registered
19 Posts
Senegal are beginning to move too. That being said, they only have my beloved Zambia to worry about. Togo will lose their way surely, and what is up with Mali!!!???

·
Registered
845 Posts
I wouldnt say Morocco. They are playing good but they struggled in their game against Guinea 2 weeks ago, barely winning 1-0, and it was at home. No team is really on a 'role,' African teams are mostly up and down teams.

·
Registered
557 Posts
What the fuck are you guys talking about? You haven't mentioned Nigeria, Angola, Ghana and South Africa. These guys are slugging it out in their groups.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Chxta: You have to understand the mentality of the posters. Nerazzurri4Life is Egyptian, so the fact that his country isn't atop their group automatically (in his humble opinion) that the team on top of the group is the most prepared. Of course, this is not true. As for Morocco, their recent 1-0 home win against Guinea must have really solidified them as the most prepared.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Interesting. Evn though I am Nigerian, I like to take a (more) wider view of things. I tend to expect people to do the same.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
The topic starter isnt asking which African country is currently the best, he's asking which one is prepared to do something come 2006.

IMO no African country is prepared for the WC. I've never been any less impressed with the African teams.

Morocco has a relatively easy group and they have even struggled recently against poor opposition.. I can hardly judge them as a team. Same with Tunisia... Cameroon are always a team to respect but are currently having many problems. Egypt have suffered on the hands of Tardelli but seem to be performing well recently. However, only major officials matches will decide that so we can't rate them yet either.. Algeria are already shamefully out.. Libya are doing good by their standards, but not enough for a WC spot (let alone a good WC performance).. South Africa is and has always been a garbage team that will do nothing in the WC despite the free tickets the CAF keep giving them. Ghana have been lost for years now due to internal problems (I hope they come back soon, I liked them)... Mali are not consistent enough.. etc etc.. Ivory Coast is as close as it gets to the Senegal of 2002, the Nigeria of 1998/1994 and the Cameroon of 1990.. They're good, but I still don't see anything way too impressive..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts