Xtratime Community banner

Which country has the most quality and well adapted to abroad managers on the planet?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
59,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This season:

-Co Adriaanse on the verge of winning the double in Portugal

-Frank Rijkaard on the verge of winning La Liga and possible hotshots for the CL

-Guus Hiddink qualifying with Australia to their first world cup in over 30 years. Qualifying into the 2nd round of the CL with a half depleted squad beating AC Milan and qualifying ahead of clubs with higher budgets in Schalke 04 and Fenerbahce. Not to forget PSVs 19th league title they got today. :groan:

-Martin Jol on the verge of qualifying for the CL with former relegation candidates Spurs

-Ronald Koeman, for reaching the 1/4 finals of the CL after dumping out Man U and Liverpool.

-Leo Beenhakker qualifying for the world cup with a bunch of nobodies in Trinidad and Tobago

-Bert van Marwijk almost getting a European place with a virtually bankrupt team in Borussia Dortmund

Is there any country which has such a diversity of sucessful trainers in so many different countries? are we the Chinese of football trainers?

if it isn't Holland, who is it? Germany (Rehagel, Daum amongst others)? Italy (which includes Trappatoni, Del Neri (ex FC Porto) , Rainieri Valencia) & Capello (ex Real Madrid)), Brazil, Spain, Portugal, Scotland (Fergie and David Moyes)?

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Take it easy Wally, it's true Dutch managers are performing well currently but let others decide if we're the best ;)

·
Registered
59,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stygmata said:
Take it easy Wally, it's true Dutch managers are performing well currently but let others decide if we're the best ;)
indeed I will. :stuckup:

bleh, why did I have to mention Koeman :groan:

·
Banned
3,325 Posts
Holland. Attacking Football always comes first. Total football :thumbsup:

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Brazil has 4 managers in this world cuo :proud:

Brazil ==> Parreira
Portugal ==> Felipao
Japan ==> Zico
Saudi Arabia ==> Marcos Paqueta

:)

And we have several managers across the world doing marvelous jobs.:)

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:

Brazil ==> Parreira
Portugal ==> Felipao
Japan ==> Zico
same as Holland ;)

Advocaat - South Korea
Beenhakker - T&T
Hiddink - Australia
van Basten - Holland

Ze da Fiel said:
i'm curious, can you give me some names? apart from Luxemburgo ofcourse.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:

Brazil ==> Parreira
Portugal ==> Felipao
Japan ==> Zico

5 . Don't forget Guimarães coach of Costa Rica

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Wally said:
This season:

-Co Adriaanse on the verge of winning the double in Portugal

-Frank Rijkaard on the verge of winning La Liga and possible hotshots for the CL

-Guus Hiddink qualifying with Australia to their first world cup in over 30 years. Qualifying into the 2nd round of the CL with a half depleted squad beating AC Milan and qualifying ahead of clubs with higher budgets in Schalke 04 and Fenerbahce. Not to forget PSVs 19th league title they got today. :groan:

-Martin Jol on the verge of qualifying for the CL with former relegation candidates Spurs

-Ronald Koeman, for reaching the 1/4 finals of the CL after dumping out Man U and Liverpool.

-Leo Beenhakker qualifying for the world cup with a bunch of nobodies in Trinidad and Tobago

-Bert van Marwijk almost getting a European place with a virtually bankrupt team in Borussia Dortmund

Is there any country which has such a diversity of sucessful trainers in so many different countries? are we the Chinese of football trainers?

if it isn't Holland, who is it? Germany (Rehagel, Daum amongst others)? Italy (which includes Trappatoni, Del Neri (ex FC Porto) , Rainieri Valencia) & Capello (ex Real Madrid)), Brazil, Spain, Portugal, Scotland (Fergie and David Moyes)?
Van Gaal: Success with Ajax & Barcelona, currently doing well with AZ.
Van Basten: Doing well with the Dutch NT, probably going to win the WC.

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
Barçawinner said:
Van Basten: Doing well with the Dutch NT, probably going to win the WC.

Are we getting a little carried away there??? :howler:

·
Registered
59,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Barçawinner said:
No. Just being realistic.
with Barry Opdam, Tim de Cler and Kew Jaliens? :depress:

I bloody hope Ooijer will be first choice at the back along next to Bouhlarouz with a hopefully matchfit Kromkamp or we'll be stumped with such journeymen at the back (having them as reserves is bad enough (esp de Cler). Sure Opdam was good enough to keep the likes of Romania, Finland and a Nedvedless Czech Rep. at bay, but Serbia, Argentina and the Ivory Coast are a different kettle of fish to those teams.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Wally said:
with Barry Opdam, Tim de Cler and Kew Jaliens? :depress:

I bloody hope Ooijer will be first choice at the back along next to Bouhlarouz with a hopefully matchfit Kromkamp or we'll be stumped with such journeymen at the back (having them as reserves is bad enough (esp de Cler). Sure Opdam was good enough to keep the likes of Romania, Finland and a Nedvedless Czech Rep. at bay, but Serbia, Argentina and the Ivory Coast are a different kettle of fish to those teams.
? I don't understand why you said those names, they aren't even starters?

---------------------vd Sar---------------------
------------------------------------------------
Kromkamp--Boulahrouz--Mathijsen--v Bronckhorst
------------------Maduro/Cocu------------------
--v Bommel/Landzaat----vd Vaart/Sneijder/Cocu--
-----------------------------------------Robben
------Kuyt/Huntelaar/v Persie--------------------
-------------------v Nistelrooy-------------------

Personally I would play:

----------------Van der Sar----------------
-------------------------------------------
Ooijer--Boulahrouz--Mathijsen--v Bronckhorst
-------------------Cocu-------------------
---v Bommel--------------------vd Vaart---
--------v Persie---------------------Robben
-----------------Huntelaar-----------------

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
arfy05 said:
Holland probably produces the best managers, but koeman and gullit are duffers :D
Don't forget Advocaat and Van Gaal. I wouldn't exactly call these dudes geniuses.

Wally you didn't mention Van Basten. What's up with that?

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
Holland without a doubt, while Italy have some good ones as well with Walter Zenga probably being their most valuable export. :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts