Ajax
Panathinaikos
Red Star
Benfica
Boca

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Perhaps it would be interesting if we included why too...

Barca - Everyone supports Real
Liverpool - I hate Man Utd and like Liverpool becuase they are of the few teams who take the FA and Worthington cup seriously
Arsenal - I hate Spurs
Neither, they both suck
Dittto
Roma - dunno
PSV - Im a big fan of Hofland and Van Bommell
Feyenoord - Working class club
PAO - Have friends who support PAO
Red Star - More fanatical fans (i think)
Sporting - Got a Sporting shirt ;)
River Plate - Maradona played for Boca

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Barcelona
Liverpool
Arsenal
:undecide:
Lazio
Eindhoven
Feyenoord
Panathinaikos
Sporting

·
Registered
2 Posts
(Spain) Real Madrid
(England) Manchester United
(England) Tottenham Hotspur
(Italy) A.C.Milan
(Italy)Juventus
(Italy) Lazio
(Netherlands) P.S.V. Eindhoven
(Netherlands) Feyenoord
(Greece) Panathinaikos
(Serbia) Red Star
(Portugal) Sporting Lisbon
(Argentina) River Plate

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
(Spain) Real Madrid- Barcelona: both
(England) Manchester United- Liverpool: none of them
(England) Arsenal-Tottenham Hotspur: Arsenal
(Italy) A.C.Milan- Inter: both
(Italy)A.C.Milan-Juventus: both
(Italy) Roma-Lazio: Roma
(Netherlands) Ajax- P.S.V. Eindhoven: :star:Ajax:star:
(Netherlands) Ajax- Feyenoord: :star:Ajax:star:
(Greece) Olympiakos-Panathinaikos: both
(Serbia) Red Star-Partizan: ?
(Portugal) Benfica-Sporting Lisbon: ?
(Argentina) Boca Juniors-River Plate: ?
(Denmark) Brøndby-FC København: :star:Brøndby:star:
(Germany) Bayern-Dortmund: Dortmund
(The old Firm) Rangers-Celtic: Rangers

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't understand one thing. Why do you all support Pana?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
I only support PAO becuase i have friends who are PAO fans, otherwise i would support Olympiakos becuase i have always prefered Barca to Madrid, and we all know about the relationships between PAO and Madrid and Barca and Olympiakos.

You may find that other people support PAO because of Sousa (i know hes left) or Olisadbe, or becuase they dont need to bribe refs into giving last minute penaltys. just kidding...:)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
mutu1875 said:
or becuase they dont need to bribe refs into giving last minute penaltys. just kidding...:)
Touche. ;)

They support Panathinaikos because they do good in Europe while Olympiakos gets ridicouled by Molde. ;) :D

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I f you have friends that support Pao, that's another reason that you have to support Olympiakos. Just to be different and make fun with them when they loose from Olympiakos ( That's very usual ). :cool:
Remember.in the last 6 years, Pao won Olympiakos 1 time and Olympiakos won 8 times!:D

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
MADRID !!! - 'nuff said about Bar$a -although its technically a rivalry, not a derby.

The real derby in the city is against the little girls of ATLETICO - you just have to feel sorry for them like retarded children.

LIVERPOOL v. Scum - Because I truly hate the Scum although it should really be MAN CITY if its a derby.

Arsenal v. Spurs - Screw 'em - I sympathize more with West Ham I also hate Chelsea (scum wannabes).

Milan v. Inter- F** ALL - I could care less about the Milan teams:eek:

Juve- Milan???- WHAT THE F***?- It should be TORINO - by the way did I mention the fact that I hate Old Lady (toothless b*tch) of Calacio too? :D

ROMA? v Nazio- I guess so, since the racists at SS Nazio and the failure of the club to do anything about them pisses me off.

Netherlands, Argentina, Greece, Serbia - Screw 'em all - I could care less who wins.

I am a Fan of MADRID and nothing else. I just tend to hate some teams more than others ;)

YOU DID NOT MENTION CELTIC v. RANGERS- go Celtic.
OR ST. PAULI v. HAMBURG, LIVERPOOL v. EVERTON, or the FLA- FLU in Rio.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
EvilCrossBar you are obviously just an ignorant idiot who does not know alot about football and you also probably just a 12 year kid thinking he's a big tough guy. If you were a real football fan you would be interested in every derby there is. Have you ever seen a Boca Vs River Plate derby or a Zvezda Vs Partizan but then again I wuldn't expect an American to be passionate about football and to understand rivalries and derbies between clubs. Zvezda are playing Partizan tomorrow and in my opinion it is the passionate derby of all. Does any one esle remember what happened in the derby a couple of weeks after Milosevic got kicked out of office?

I love to watch any quality football match. As a neutral I hope for a good, competitive, passionate game of football and it is an added bonus for the teams to be great rivals and hate each other so much. As for Rangers/Celtic, i think their Derby matches are a jokes 'cus they're never close games but they're is always a huge gap and anywaay who cares about the Scottish league anyway it is just a mickey mouse league.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Evilcrossbar,

Please be more polite when posting. Even if you don't like the other clubs, you don't really have to use the language you did. I hope not to come across anymore posts like this.

:)

·
Registered
54 Posts
To Jun-Lei: I'm sorry if my *** 's offended your sensitivities it was made in jest.

However I find that I must reply to Dusan_UK.

Yes I live in the States, no I wasn't born here, I was born in Madrid (which is more than I can say about many Madrid supporters)

While I might find the electric atmosphere surrounding a derby game interesting, and while I think that its good for football, and enjoy good games, I don't particularly care who wins.

That's because I'm a Madrid supporter (grew up in the city, lived on what at the time was called ave. Generalisimo - which should tell you how old I am- across from the Bernabeu). What does this mean?

Well, it means that I don't particularly root for anyone else. (The only reason I have sympathy for the Hammers is that I went to see them a few times).

I find it funny when I'll occasionally see people's ID's saying that they support multiple teams that are rivals of each other.

Imagine seeing Juventus AND Inter- for example??? To a supporter one would think that they are mutually exclusive. Especially now in the CL with teams playing each other from all over Europe - to support some team that you'll be playing against seems a total lack of loyalty.

How can you call yourself a true supporter when you previously state that your neutral????? If you enjoy a good game than that's fine. But don't start talking about how then you support multiple teams.

There is a place for that kind of support - it's called the Bandwagon.

The fact that you support Scum doesn't assuage my suspicions in this case. Have you ever been to Old Trafford? or Manchester for that matter?

Try going to as many home games of your team as you can and after that season then email back and see how magnanamous you feel toward potential rivals. ;)

Lastly the thread would have been a bit better if half the games were technically derbies (same city or metropolitan area) instead of rivalries. It does make a difference to the fans since they have to live with each other and hear about how they lost.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
If you must know I have been to Old Trafford quite a lot of times but there is a limit of how many games I can go to. I don't support rival teams and if you see the teams I support are Man Utd because I live in the UK and don't call me a glory hunter becasue I started supporting Man Utd when they were not at the heights of where they are now. Which I cannot say for a lot of Liverpool fans who started supporting them during late 70s/ early 80s. Zvezda because my dad supports them and it was past down to me. I don't even support the rivals to these clubs. I hate Leeds and Liverpool but Liverpool more so because they start to look more and more like Wimbledon. I dont support Partizan but I do like the teams with serbs in to do well for example I did like Real when they had the best striker in Spain at the time, Mijatovic.
I obviously support Yugo because even if I was born in England I don't support them because I am not English and Im not like those crazy people that don't even support their own national team like other people do. I also have been to a Zvezda game and hope to watch Yugo if their match with England is played in England and possibly against Wales in the qualifying for Euro 2004.

So don't assume just because I don't live in the places where the team is from that I am a glory hunter as I am not. If I wanted to I could claim to be English (believe it or not that happens more often than you would think).

Have you had the chance to see any of the Partizan - Zvezda game today, if you had you might dive a damn about it.

Partizan 0 - 3 Zvezda!!!!!!!!1

Ha Ha Grobari, better luck next time.

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
I would support the following in their deadly derbies!

Real - because of the Ajax influence at Barca
Liverpool- because I am a jealous Londoner
Spurs- They were my local side!
Inter- don't know why
Juve - same reaon as above
PSV- because Ajax has to be my public enemy no.1, sorry
Feyenoord!- it's my club
Panathinaikos- seem to have more passion
Red Star Belgrado- Admirer of their 1991 team
Benfica- because of their history, stadium and Mantorras!
River Plate- Like their players more (ortega, aimar, francezoli)
sorry danes, but I have absolutely no knowledge of your league
Dortmund- simply because of Mr Effenberg
Celtic- if I had to choose sides on religous grounds, well, let it be Celtic

1 - 20 of 81 Posts