Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if this has been asked and I am not getting the results i am looking for in the search feature but whatever....

Which teams are the most supported throughout the world? Are ManUtd and Real Madrid still the two most popular teams in terms of

season tickets sales, attendance, fans worldwide, (i am missing more criteria, any other things that should be listed, feel free to)

there was a thread about Tevez few weeks ago and some claimed that Corinthians has more fans due to the size of Brazil compared to other european countries. is there any sites that maybe have some sort of facts on who has the most fans in the world?? what about teams in China and India? is there any one team in each country that has a very large following?

Thanks

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
Worldwide, ManU, Juventus and Real are probably the most supported clubs. No actual evidence about that though.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Arsenal? Like hell we are. We're not that well supported compared to a lot of the other 'giant' clubs. Actually I think Spurs have more fans in England than we do, or at least in London itself.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I don't mind the numbers, but the quality

Ex. Juve is the most supported in Italy but even when they play at Delle Alpi with 7000 supporters we overshadow their whole stadium.

I can say this for sure cause i've attended in first persons, and it has been said from a lot of neutrals too.

The numbers matter, but the quality of supporting even more, credit to Atalanta supporters , for ex., who depsite being a smaller club have a great End and supporters and are among the most respected in Italy

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
For attendances, it's Borussia Dortmund, probably Milan, Madrid or Barca second.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Manchester United. Not just worldwide, but unlike the likes of Juve or Real Madrid, they always sell out their home games and take big away followings wherever they go - very vocal away followings too. Whatever you say about thier home support, the away fans are amongst the most vocal in England.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Fah. Lists like that are deceptive. It should be done on what the average attendance is and then what percentage that is to a full capacity. If that were the case then Highbury is, on average, 98.8% full to the capacity of 38,500.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Khimik is correct. But also you cant rely on attendance figures, As clubs have bigger support then what their stadia holds. Also fan base is spread all over the world, to access to games could be a probably and extremely expensive.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
I'll hang my neck out here and say we have more fans than Lazio does. They also play in a stadium that's nearly 50,000 seats bigger than ours. Yet they only get 10,959 more people, on average, to their games than we do. They only fill 59.5% of the Olimpico on average compared to our 98.9% - it makes them better than they really are.

I'm just being bitter. Ignore me.

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
Probably the best supported are Dortmund, average c 79,000 and Monchengladbach with 50,000, because both are quite poor teams.
That's loyalty.

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
37 ITA Juventus FC 37,743

how is Juventus 37th in attendance? i heard and see their stadium and it looks empty most of the time, even during some CL games the stands were empty

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
In Holland the most supported foreign team is probably Barcelona.

The guys in my class like Barcelona best of all the foreign teams.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Man Utd are top by a fair distance.
Real Madrid are second.
And to my understanding, Juventus are third.

Arsenal definately aren't up there, Spurs have a bigger fanbase.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts