Choose a team you'd prefer in the CL quarter finals

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, we are still awaiting the last quarter finalist, but which club should Barça play in the CL quarter finals?

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Al Capone said:
Ajax. It will be easiest for them.
Ajax isn't through yet. Besides i would only avoid Lyon at this stage, cause Barça:Lyon would make a hell of a CL final. ;)

I'll take Arsenal, for me the weakest quarter finalist. I'm not bitter cause they eliminated us, but one goal in 2 matches against a RM defence says it all. :cool:

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I want to avoid Italian teams, a game against any of them is a typical final! so, avoid Juventus, AC, and Inter...

Lyon is the heardest team at this stage! Rijkaard declared it once that the best football in europe is played at Gerland, so i think he will be happy to avoid them..

Arsenal is a normal team, with FAST forwards (Henry, Reyes, Luinberg), so i feel they will cause us troubles in the counters in a similar fashion to Zaragoza's due (Millito and Ewrthon). A first leg in Camp nou without puyol, with an attacking mentality from Rijkaard, i'm sure we will concede two goals in the counters..

This leaves us with Benfica and Villareal..

They look both at the same level. Although a match agaisnt Benfica will be very classic encounter between two european giants, but............

These Two legs will sandwich Real Madrid encounter, Real will be very fresh as they are out of everything, so i feel that staying in spain is good for the players themselves. You know, no travelling, and playing a local team make it easier for the the team.. I'm sure we will beat them easily Home and away...

So, VILLAREAL is my choice :)

·
Registered
634 Posts
Benfica.

I agree with most that the Italian teams/Lyon are the hardest ones, but maybe we should consider that it might be easier to face them in quarter/semi (2 legs) than in the final... Not?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Inter Milan. Although Inter is not through yet. Just so Figo comes to Nou Camp and gets hit by an elephant's head this time and dies .

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
I vote for Lyon because it's the team which can push Barça up for the semifinals

It's a great team very well organized, in every lines, they play a great football, and offensively they're very strong. With players like Juninho, Diarra, Tiago, Malouda and Wiltord they defeated Madrid so easily that Lyon is a real threat.

But yesterday by winning a poor PSV 4-0, they lost for yellow cards Juninho, the playmaker of Lyon. Playing without him is not confortable for Lyon included when the game is closed and someone like him find the net through fantastic free kicks.

The Lyon defence is not a wall than Chelsea one. Cris is the best central, one of the best in Europe, but he played without Caçapa and the right back side is weak with Clerc a young talented player. At the left Abidal, good physical player is not able to stop Barça attack during 90 minutes either.

The midifield of Lyon is strong with Diarra and Tiago, but it's not Chelsea. Playing with Deco, Motta and Edmilson will be very hard for them.

In attack Malouda on left, is very quick , he can dribble a lot and he's very dangerous.
Carew is tiring the central defences but don't score more since Dec, Govou or Wiltord on right are poison, and Wiltord at 32 he's a threat of maturity able to score at every moment

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Benfica or Villareal as said in the other thread.

Puyol will be missing in the first leg and then its likely for Marquez and Oleguer to miss the second leg. This would give Barcelona a nice opportunity to clear the yellow cards while having an attacking entertaining match.

The latter are also missing 3 players from the Quarters.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Villareal
Benfica
Inter or Ajax

noone of them should be a problem, even without messi and puyol....maybe villereal isnt that good, its never good to play against a team from the league in the cl....but normally we shoudl beat them in 2 legs...

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
I think we'll get Inter, but I want Benfica. As I said before, there are no easy teams at this stage, but anything would be better than Juve or Milan, those 2 seem to know how to bore their way to victory against us. :D

We already had Chelsea, I'd REALLY rather not push our luck by wanting another mega defensive team. Let them all kill each other.

·
Registered
7,297 Posts
Well, I have a great feeling that we are getting Villareal.. but I want Benfica ;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts