Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just been in the United forum and they seem to be relatively happy with their business, i was just wondering who do you think did well, what players are standing out as brilliant signings and who flopped, as i don't get to see all the games (well who does apart from Haroon ? :D)

in England i think it's definitely Middlesborough, mainly because they have added an attacking threat but most of their signings have worked really well, mind they have been helped by the emergence of two or three great youngsters, Everton picked up a couple of good'uns as well and Chelsea's signing of Robben has definitely added much more to the attack.

what about other Leagues that i either don't get to see or don't really give a toss about :D

debate now. ;)

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
khimik said:
Juventus have done alright with the purchases of Emerson, Zebina, Ibrahimovic and Cannavaro, I'd say ;)
yes, they did well, i thought all their fans said they didn't have any money last season. :googly:

Zebina was free i think, how's he been doing because it was universally though a couple of years ago he was absolute dogshit ?

don't forget Kapo who was also a freebie iirc.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
I'll leave answering about Zebina for the Bianconeri folk as I wouldn't be able to give a proper answer. Most of the time I just leave Serie A on in the background and turn around when there's a goal (or should that read if there's a goal? :D)

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've seen him running up the wing a few times but he has never really caught my eye with his football, he looks a bit like a Jazz guitarist to me and i always expect him to pull up a stool and knock out a few numbers so maybe i am looking for too much from him.

·
Registered
63,809 Posts
khimik said:
Most of the time I just leave Serie A on in the background and turn around when there's a goal (or should that read if there's a goal? :D)
340 goals in 140 matches, rate of 2.43 goals per game. Yup, "if there's a goal" indeed. :ass:

The club with the best transfers has got to be either Juve or Chelsea, and both spent the most cash in Europe this season ! But my pick is Juve because they spent less and are doing as good as Chelsea.

Many people believe that Inter spend a lot, well that's true but in the summer market we spent a total of 5,7 million euros only ! :eek:

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
khimik said:
Somebody can't take a joke.
Something that is repeated all the time has lost it's value as a joke IMO.

Anyway Juve had a good one and didn't really spend that much. Inter got some great players for practically nothing, but it can be questioned how much they needed all of them... Cambiasso for free have so far turned out one of their best.

I still think we made a great "steal" when we got Dhorasoo and he have been really good.

Altough I do not know as much of the Spanish league I feel that Barcelona had a awesome transfer campaign, discounting the unfortunate injuries they had. The players have fitted in really well and put up their team a level, their campaign only missed a great partner for Puyol, altough I think Marquez/Edmilson was supposed to play there. (I don't rate Edmilson really)

The big spenders in England have not spend that bad, but as for calue for money I think they have not had that good campaigns.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Zebina has been surprisingly good this season. I never thought that clown could play proper football despite some occasionaly bright periods for Roma, but it seems I was wrong...

As for the topic: Barcelona (Eto'o, DECO, Belletti are all great signings! Giuly and Larsson are also fine players and came on the cheap as well). And Juventus who went for quality (you can't miss with Cannavaro, Emerson and Ibrahimovic) as well as the bargains (Kapo, Zebina).

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
barcelona did good transfers,and all our new signings adapted very to la liga and are playing well right now(special praise for deco who's doing an incredible job!!)

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Leece is doing good selling off Chevanton and emergence of Bojinov.

PSV is still running in the CL after selling their best.

Olimpic Marseille are profiting tremendously from the single Drogba deal.

Real did the worse for not aquiring Vieira.

Barca did great with Deco, Giuly.. and the continued support to Riijkard.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Adriano10 said:
Olimpic Marseille are profiting tremendously from the single Drogba deal.
Do they? José Anigo and Christophe Bouchet would most likely disagree with you!

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah i forgot about Barcelona, they spent a huge amount and it was quite brave ripping the team up like that who had done so well the previous six months.

if the signings hadn't have settled well then Rjikaard would have looked a right c***. ;)

Chelsea did well also with Cavarlho, Cech, Robben and Ferreira, only Kezman has looked a crap signing really so far, with the jury still out on Tiago.

Jkris, Dhorasoo was great at Lyon, i'd forgotten all about you signing him, i haven't seen him once yet and i've watched Milan about 4 times.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,913 Posts
fc barcelona said:
barcelona did good transfers,and all our new signings adapted very to la liga and are playing well right now(special praise for deco who's doing an incredible job!!)
Yea , but we did spend an awful lot of money on Eto'o and Deco alone. I dont remember exactly how much we spent but around the 50 million euro mark i guess.
Same goes for Chelsea , who brought in good players but for ridiculous sums of money.
Best in the market therefore for me have to be Juventus, who brought in good players and on the cheap.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Jkris, Dhorasoo was great at Lyon, i'd forgotten all about you signing him, i haven't seen him once yet and i've watched Milan about 4 times.
he didn't get to play at all before november and it was even talk about him leaving, which I surerly did not like. but now that he got his chance he have took it and played good both as a starter and as a sub. I believe he will start tomorrow against Fiorentina, maybe you can get to see him then.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
ronnie#10 said:
Yea , but we did spend an awful lot of money on Eto'o and Deco alone. I dont remember exactly how much we spent but around the 50 million euro mark i guess.
we spent 24M on eto'o and 20M on deco(approximate transfer fees),44M is a lot of money but they're worth it!! ;)

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
fc barcelona said:
we spent 24M on eto'o and 20M on deco(approximate transfer fees),44M is a lot of money but they're worth it!! ;)
We didn't really spend €20m on Deco, as that deal included Quaresma to Porto in a deal worth about €6m.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts