Xtratime Community banner

which teams will relegate ? Please select 3 teams.

• 1. FC Köln ( Cologne.. )

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • Hertha BSC Berlin

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Hannover 96

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Eintracht Frankfurt

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • 1860 München ( Munich..)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Borussia Mönchengladbach

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 1. FC Kaiserslautern

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • SC Freiburg

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Vfl Wolfsburg

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Which Bundesliga teams will relegate ? Please select 3 teams.
In this poll, i included all the teams which are threatened by relegation at the moment ( Bundesliga day 25 ).
The Cologne relegation seems to be almost sure. But on table pos. 17 and 16, everything can happen. Hottest candidates at the moment seem to be 1860 Munich and Hannover. At 1860, president Wildmoser who was the lone patriarch for this club for more than a decade, had to resign recently after it was found out that at least his son and probably himself have received bribes by a construction company in conjunction with the creation of the new stadium in Munich. As a result there is a lot of unrest in the club and among the supporters, this incident has hit 1860 at a total wrong point time because they already were in a very bad shape before the bribe scandal was made public.
Hannover recently changed their coach, Lienen took over from Rangnick. Hannover is quite good in the attack but their defence is horrible. For me it seems to be an almost impossible task for Lienen to stop the flood of goals Hannover is conceding in almost every match since their defenders are all rather poor.
Hertha BSC will make it out of the trouble zone imho, though they are on a relegation spot at the moment they still have a good squad. And they already faced all the top teams like Werder, Stuttgart and Bayern and they still have to play against the direct opposition ( concerning relegation..).

·
Registered
59,033 Posts
Koln, 1860 Munchen and Hertha.

Would have said Frankfurt a few months ago but they've had a decent revival.

1860 never impress me, so I say them along with Koln who look doomed despite doing slightly better under Marcel Koller.

I fear for Hertha even though they have good players like Nando Rafael, the flea :D fromally known as Andreas Neuendorf and Marcelinho. They too however haven't done well defensively like Hannover but Hannover seem to be scoring more easily than Berlin and that might help out in the end. Will be tight.

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wally said:
Koln, 1860 Munchen and Hertha.

Would have said Frankfurt a few months ago but they've had a decent revival.

1860 never impress me, so I say them along with Koln who look doomed despite doing slightly better under Marcel Koller.

I fear for Hertha even though they have good players like Nando Rafael, the flea :D fromally known as Andreas Neuendorf and Marcelinho. They too however haven't done well defensively like Hannover but Hannover seem to be scoring more easily than Berlin and that might help out in the end. Will be tight.
Frankfurts good run soon may be over. I still don't trust them because they were so horrible before the winter break. In Amanatidis and Hertzsch they added some good players ( from the perspective of a team which is threatened by relegation..) to their ranks, but if they lose 2 or 3 in a row, they will start to get really nervous again.

But overall, the relegation-race is still wide open. Even Rostock, Wolfsburg and Hamburg ( :( ) still may get into trouble...

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Köln and Hertha Berlin for sure. Then maybe Frankfurt or Gladbach. For some reason I have more faith in Hannover than in the latter two.

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tim said:
Köln and Hertha Berlin for sure. Then maybe Frankfurt or Gladbach. For some reason I have more faith in Hannover than in the latter two.
Yep, it looks bad for Hertha. And Frankfurt will get back into trouble as i mentioned before. Cologne is gone but i think at least 5-6 teams will be involved into the relegation fight until the last day of the season. Today, with Wolfsburg another team has entered the battle....

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
The Abstiegskampf should be exciting and interesting. It's a tight affair, and a slip-up by any team in the bottom half of the table could land them in trouble. Like I said, I think Köln and Hertha Berlin are done, but there is still the third spot to fight for, or rather, to avoid.

Sure, it'd be more interesting if the relegation spots had been decided already and instead the title race were this close, but at least there is close competition somewhere... ;)

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hertha is still far away from being dead though they got hammered today.
I still believe that they can escape relegation, they have many class players in their team.

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I added Wolfsburg to the poll. They lost 8 out of 10 matches since the winter break, though it's still quite unlikely that they will go down imho. Their coach Roeber will get fired soon, maybe already this evening.
Hertha looks really bad after they again only managed a draw at home, this time vs. Rostock.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I don't hope Koln to relegate. In this team, most of players are German. They have a good attacker, and he is young. But Herta looks so bad.:depress:

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hannover - Cologne 1:0 - Hannover finally seems to have stabilized their defence ( they conceded only 1 goal in the last 3 matches..). They now moved 4 points ahead of the relegation zone.
Hertha won 1:0 against Wolfsburg but it wasn't enough to move out of the relegation zone. I'm still sure that they will be able to avoid relegation.
Kaiserslautern, Frankfurt, Wolfsburg and 1860 munich look rather poor at the moment.

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Moenchengladbach - Hertha 1:1
Gladbach managed to hit a late equalizer through Ulich after Hertha was brought in front by Pinto in the 9th minute. Both teams still in severe danger.

1860 Munich - Hamburg 1:2
I witnessed a horrible match, Munich hit an own goal, the goal by Agostino came too late. 1860 just 1 point ahead of the relegation zone and they are in a horrible condition. Coach Goetz will be fired this weekend imho..

Wolfsburg - Freiburg 4:0
First win for new Wolfsburg coach Gerets, Wolfsburg now 6 points ahead of the relegation zone, they seem secured. Freiburg still in trouble.

Kaiserslautern - Rostock 3:2
Healthy win for Kaiserslautern, they needed the points badly, the are now 2 points clear of a relegation spot, Rostock still 5 points ahead, they should be strong enough to stay out of trouble.

Stuttgart - Frankfurt 3:1
Franfurt now lost 5 matches in a row. They have 26 points and it seems that they will relegate.

Tomorrow, Hannover has to play in Bremen, Cologne will play at home vs. Bochum.

Here is how the bottom of the table looks like :

Code:
9 	Hansa Rostock 	29 	9 	8 	12 	45:44 	1 	35
10 	VfL Wolfsburg 	29 	11 	1 	17 	50:57 	-7 	34
11 	SC Freiburg 	29 	9 	7 	13 	38:58 	-20 	34
12 	M'gladbach 	29 	8 	8 	13 	32:41 	-9 	32
13 	Hannover 96 	28 	8 	8 	12 	44:55 	-11 	32
14 	Kaiserslautern 	29 	10 	4 	15 	32:50 	-18 	31
15 	1860 München 	29 	8 	6 	15 	29:46 	-17 	30
16 	Hertha BSC 	29 	6 	11 	12 	29:52 	-23 	29
17 	Frankfurt 	29 	7 	5 	17 	29:45 	-16 	26
18 	1. FC Köln 	28 	5 	5 	18 	23:44 	-21 	20

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Rothose said:
Hannover - Cologne 1:0 - Hannover finally seems to have stabilized their defence ( they conceded only 1 goal in the last 3 matches..). They now moved 4 points ahead of the relegation zone.
At the moment it's nothing special not to concede a goal against Cologne :dazed:

Can't think of a team ever wasting that much chances as cologne the last weeks...would be nice to have a statistic somewhere, how many shots a team needs to score.

Thank god Koller promoted Podolski to the first team. Dunno who else should score at the moment...

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cologne will promote again in 2005. If they are able to hold all their young players, they will have a better team compared to now.
But Cologne should definitely get rid of this ridiculous pair Sinkala/Sichone. I bet that Romeo will score if Sichone plays in the defense next saturday... :D.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Yeah, Sichone & Sinkala are both playing a totally crap season. What hopes I did have with Sichone a few years ago...he's a great player, but he's got a mental problem playing at such a high level. Sinkala could become quite important, he's definitely able to play better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts