Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There tends to be an overreaction from all parties involved when something as bad as this happens on such a grand stage.

It's one thing when Germany loses 5-1 in Munich to England in WC qualifying but it's next level when Brazil loses in such a fashion in the WC SF at home where they haven't lost in 39 years (62 matches).

Some of the administrators and coaches and football personalities in Brazil will call for changes in the way they play the game and who plays for the national team.

Will there be a real push to get back to Joga Bonito, which was abandoned when Dunga was the coach?

Will certain players be blamed for this humiliation and therefore will no longer be selected?

Are there certain players who are so ashamed that they don't want to put on that canary jersey ever again? Or are there players that no longer want to feel the heat from the demanding public after every loss?

Some will of course retire due to age.

Here is their squad:

·
Administrator
29,411 Posts
Most of the guys with 30 (or near) will be out. Some guys like Fernandinho may vanish on first calls.

I have however no idea who is saying "Joga bonito" was abandoned by Dunga. You people watched 1974, 1978, 1990 and 1994?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any of the GKs could go. Especially because of their ages.

Maicon is definitely past his prime and I can't see him playing again.

Alves is a real possibility due to his age and also being dropped by Scolari from the starting XI. Plus his legs get a lot of mileage from playing for Barca.

Gustavo and Hernanes? Fernandinho? I don't get to watch them enough so I'm not sure if they will be a fit for the kind of game Brazil wants to play in the future.

I think Jo, Hulk and Fred might not be around for the Copa let alone the next WC. At least two I would guess. As a group they were all largely ineffective during this WC.

However, I don't know who in Brazil replaces these guys or whoever is dropped or leaves. Whatever happened to Ganso?

·
Registered
58,967 Posts
Is Leandro Damiao inferior to Fred and Jo?

The guy linked to Spurs for more than 3 years :D :palm:

·
Administrator
29,411 Posts
Ganso, since 2010 when he had his injury didnt play 3 months as a starter for any clubs. We had that before, players are not dropped because of some will, they are replaced if someone replaces then. Obviously, it is very unlikely to have 11,12 players over 33 in a world cup, so this group is the one that will get more cuts.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Most of the guys with 30 (or near) will be out. Some guys like Fernandinho may vanish on first calls.

I have however no idea who is saying "Joga bonito" was abandoned by Dunga. You people watched 1974, 1978, 1990 and 1994?

I'm not an expert on Brazil football but I use Joga Bonito as a generalization.

And sports are cyclical. Brazil can't be the best at all times. And they can't always have the best players all the time. And I would think that too many Brazilians don't appreciate that.

·
Administrator
29,411 Posts
Is Leandro Damiao inferior to Fred and Jo?

The guy linked to Spurs for more than 3 years :D :palm:

While Fred and Jo are hardly a big deal, there is a bit of exageration. For once, the team didn't produce to feed a centerfoward in this World Cup, no matter who.

Fred is a decent goal poacher. On his day, he can position and cash the balls easily. The thing is how irregular he is physically. One year good, any bad. Last year, he came from top scoring in the brazilian league. Thsi year he came from being booed by the fans of his team.

Jo is limited as goal poacher (misses some easy chances), but decent as a tatical player who will help to presse the adversary defense and block advenrsaries opening space for the other players who came with him. That made him rather efficient for the team (Atletico) speciall in the 2012-2013 period. Obviously, that was hardly anything this team was organized to do so (Neymar carries the ball more than use a centerfoward to block for him).

Anyways, Leandro Damião was worst than both. In the olympics in 2012 he was already benched and it was pretty clear Inter was losing a chance to cash spurs's money. He now barely score and since moved to Santos in february was often out played by Gabigol, the young kid that came for him once or while.

·
Administrator
29,411 Posts

And sports are cyclical. Brazil can't be the best at all times. And they can't always have the best players all the time. And I would think that too many Brazilians don't appreciate that.
Meh, brazilians are a hundred times more critical of Brazil than any outsider would think off. Brazil can have the best players most of time, can have a winning team often, cannot win every world cup. That is simple.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Felipe Melo would've done so much better than every single Brazilian midfielder that featured in this world cup.

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
Fred and Jo are insult to Selecao's history and to everything that it represents. They are utterly bad.
Felipe Melo would've done so much better than every single Brazilian midfielder that featured in this world cup.
Felipe Melo is perfect symbol of hacks that symbolized the end of Brazil's joga bonito. Get such players as far from Selecao as possible.

·
D10S
2,124 Posts
Expect a Pele takeover for the managerial spot :D
Much like El Diego took over Argentina after CA 2007.

I bet Brazil 2002 would face similar result if:
Rivaldo was red-carded after the corner incident vs Turkey
OR
Ronaldo knee's got busted again in one of their knockout match.

Clearly Thiago Silva THAT important for Brazil.
Throw any David Luiz or Dante as long as T.Silva played, they wouldn't be hammered that bad.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
OP

Dont forget Brazil still got another match with Netherlands to go....

Btw, is there a Coach Sacked in the middle of World Cup Finals... if there isnt any, maybe Scolari to be the first.... and David Luiz... interim!

·
D10S
2,124 Posts
Pele is not that foolish.
I bet he would be raged with fury when my adopted son, Messi bring home the Cup this weekend.

"Screw you guys, I'm taking Brazil!"
He said.

Looking at 2002, teh DMs are Edmilson and Gilberto Silva wasn't so bad after all. Now that they only have some nameless/skill-less No.5 and 8.
Even Lucas Leiva would do a better job in midfield for them.

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts

Neither is Scolari.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
dante is old and he was terrible in the game were he should step up as he knew all the german team really well

daniel alves is a tragedy in a brazil shirt. the only good thing he has ever done was that copa america final goal in 07, the rest he has been appaling. should never be called up again

1 - 20 of 40 Posts