Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're in his hands for three months now. I want nothing but support for this spectacular attacker, it's the least we owe him. Daje Montella!

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
I want nothing but support for this entire club!
Let's not let the Totti injury kill our dreams. He will be back, possibly sooner than we know, and we must support him by winning whatever matches we can by producing maximum effort. We are a quality side, with quality players all over the pitch. We can defeat Lazio.

<<“I hope that the fans play even more of a part because the side needs their support now,” continued Spalletti. “I am convinced that we will show our worth and play well even without a key player like Francesco.”>> :cool:

·
Administrator
52,887 Posts
I dont want to sound like a fanboy, but it wouldn't be a bad idea if Aquilani got a bit more offensive and creative position now that Totti is gone, would it?

Montella needs a player like that badly. Mancini alone isn't enough, with Perrotta helping out too, a bit creative player is needed. Taddei is downright useless.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
This is true. What do we have left, ten, eleven games? Mancini's form and goals will be absolutely essential, but his goals alone won't be enough to fill in the void left by Totti's absence. We could put Mancini up front, but then we lose a lot of creativity, and the absolute havoc his runs down the wings have been causing. I know he's out of practice, i know he's in pain, but now, more than ever, we desperately need Montella to step up to the plate. The stage is set for him to be our hero yet again.

Taddei is downright useless.
I used to think the same, but in fairness to the guy, he's shown vast improvement over the last couple of months.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
and who's gonna convert all the penalties we're gifted now with totti missing? :tongue:

taddei has improved indeed and mancini on the left seems to feel comfortable aswell.

i can only say i trust spalletti in whatever he comes up with.

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mancini has to be given the space to run at defenders, which is his bread and butter. He can't do that as an attacker, he'd not get the space to move and certainly wouldn't be allowed to have the ball at his feet for very long.

I am loving Mancini on the left, so that he can break in and finish or play one-two's. In any case, like il principe said: I trust Spalletti, whatever his idea is. And finally: my point in this thread is this: Montella is going to struggle, quite possibly. But no polemics, no bashing him, no criticism from me at all. The man is injured, and if I have understood his condition properly, he stands a good risk to suffer from injury long after his career is over. He's really not ready to do it, but if called upon, you all know he'll put his heart out there for this team to win.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
The best option we have is to replace Totti with Montella, but that will leave us without the creativity we need. I'm clueless.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
for the derby tactics might be to cross in the ball as often as possible in their box and hope their defenders do, what our strikers can't. :tongue:

vola vincenzino!

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
We need Montella of the first 6 months of last season, also Okaka and Cerci to come of age may be needed also.

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
Buona fortuna Vincenzo....we need your goals now more than ever. Our Roma is in the hands of De Rossi, Perrotta, Mancini, and Montella now.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Yes, I am just glad that even without our captain and best player, we have fighters like Perrotta, Tommasi, De Rossi, Chivu, Mexes and Cufre.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
FORZA VINCENZOOOO!!!

He may not be in the ideal condition, but you'll never hear me bashing him. The man has ALWAYS scored goals when it counts - if he is given an extended run, I'm confident he'll do well.

Also, I like the idea of Aquilani playing a more important role. We need creativity.

·
Registered
136 Posts
What about Nonda? Is he still injured? When will he be coming back?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts