Xtratime Community banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
17,907 Posts
We decided to take out this Easter. Went for West Texas BBQ from a spot called Coops. Hole in the wall place in a sketchy neighborhood so you know it had to be good :D.

·
Registered
I M Inter Milan I M
25,692 Posts
Thanks to everyone here...I'm okay. Really appreciate the concern...truly blessed to be among some of the greatest people on the planet.

I was having some health issues a few weeks back. I've mentioned that I've had this gastro condition for over a decade....took some steroid courses recently but the latest one wasn't working. Then a couple of weeks ago, I'd say I had the most hellish, painful day of my life by far and had to check myself into hospital. From about 6 am that morning to 3.30 pm when they put me under sedation for an endoscopy, it was almost relentless torture. I thought that would be the end of it but I even woke up towards the end of the procedure, shouting in pain. But then things got better from there as they pumped me with happy painkillers and everything got better after that. I'm now on this immunosuppressant medication (@Jeffrey - are you familiar?) so I have to get a jab in my thigh every month and try and stay away from sunlight, lol. Good times!

Seriously though, this was a big one and it's made me so thankful for the people around me - my parents and my girlfriend who helped me through it on the day and the real ones, including my dear brothers and sisters on XT. I couldn't really post but I've improved a lot and I'm now back and just happy to be back.

Lol at some of these replies, btw.

Missed everyone...definitely everyone here and more. My Inter Brothers know how much they mean to me. One of the first things I wanted to say on my return to my Bro, Dr @Ante is that I've been repping Croatia by buying Croatian products here, lol. Truffle olive oil and other stuff. It's super dope. I've been waiting to hear about what @TTM has been cooking. And I wanted to tell @Boyo that I'm sort of in the long hair club now. Just waiting for the Certificate of Acceptance. As @ToniSamp always says, XT is forever!
Good to hear that you're doing better. Well wishes to you and your loved ones.

I'd like to inform you that Red had the audacity to slander Recoba in your absence, I haven't meted out a punishment yet as I thought it best to wait until the entire top echelon of the Recoba Fanboy Society could convene to decide on this grave matter.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
39,755 Posts
  • Wow
Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
80,553 Posts
Hey Firdaus.

I've had Gastro pain and illness myself. It really is painfull and a very lonely place at times.

It one of those illness when you wish you can see show something visible so people understand you're in serious pain.

I hope you feel better really soon. Maybe find some treatment that really helps you.

Lots of love!

·
Registered
80,553 Posts
they put me under sedation for an endoscopy, it was almost relentless torture. I thought that would be the end of it but I even woke up towards the end of the procedure, shouting in pain. But then things got better from there as they pumped me with happy painkillers and everything got better after that.

I've "needed" a colonscopy and endoscopy for years.

My gastroenterologist consultant said no because I wanted a general anesthetic for both.

With the colonocopy, she says it's just to confirm what she 99% is sure about. She wants me to have it, but I won't do it without general anesthetic. My boyfriend agrees...it's not natural to use something as an entrance when it's been an exit my whole life.

The endoscope, is kinda different. I regurgitate a lot! I just can't hold most food and drinks down. Sadly it's many high calorie foods I can digest. I was supposed to have a black box type device fitted inside me for a week to measure my Ph levels inside my body. As I was in serious pain and regurging lots of stomach acid (which has now rotted many teeth at the back). But I was in too much pain and went to Nottingham hospital. Frustratingly my Gastro Dr is at Derbyshire. They had none of my notes. I tried to tell them what is wrong but they wouldn't listen. I vomited up a bowl of stomach acid as I had nothing to regurge. They said it was my reaction to the morphine and took me off morphine and stopped my food. That was a different type of pain. I ended up discharging myself.

My Gastro Dr was pissed off with how they treated me. Stopping my food and morphine is the last thing they should have done.

I have multiple hospital dates dealing with this. But meanwhile...the only thing that really helps are opiates but they have to be taken smartly as well.

·
Registered
20,904 Posts
Hmm don't like to see my Singaporean Bro-heimer in pain. God that sucks.

I will raise a tall glass of gin and durian juice for my dear homey 🥃. All those years of chasing ambulances have taken a toll on his health 😔

Seriously though Fird, I hope this resolves itself damn soon. We are sadly at that age where sh*t starts to to weird. I had a Big-C scare a couple of years ago but luckily it turned out to be not much of anything. That pain of yours sounds like something truly awful. May it be banished to the netherworld that is home to Chinese Democracy and the Soungarden re-union album.

Take it easy brother

• Love
Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
43,069 Posts
Thanks to everyone here...I'm okay. Really appreciate the concern...truly blessed to be among some of the greatest people on the planet.

I was having some health issues a few weeks back. I've mentioned that I've had this gastro condition for over a decade....took some steroid courses recently but the latest one wasn't working. Then a couple of weeks ago, I'd say I had the most hellish, painful day of my life by far and had to check myself into hospital. From about 6 am that morning to 3.30 pm when they put me under sedation for an endoscopy, it was almost relentless torture. I thought that would be the end of it but I even woke up towards the end of the procedure, shouting in pain. But then things got better from there as they pumped me with happy painkillers and everything got better after that. I'm now on this immunosuppressant medication (@Jeffrey - are you familiar?) so I have to get a jab in my thigh every month and try and stay away from sunlight, lol. Good times!

Seriously though, this was a big one and it's made me so thankful for the people around me - my parents and my girlfriend who helped me through it on the day and the real ones, including my dear brothers and sisters on XT. I couldn't really post but I've improved a lot and I'm now back and just happy to be back.

Lol at some of these replies, btw.

Missed everyone...definitely everyone here and more. My Inter Brothers know how much they mean to me. One of the first things I wanted to say on my return to my Bro, Dr @Ante is that I've been repping Croatia by buying Croatian products here, lol. Truffle olive oil and other stuff. It's super dope. I've been waiting to hear about what @TTM has been cooking. And I wanted to tell @Boyo that I'm sort of in the long hair club now. Just waiting for the Certificate of Acceptance. As @ToniSamp always says, XT is forever!
I'm sorry you went through all that Firdy. You're on immune suppressing medications? All the best.

·
Registered
10,244 Posts
He is preparing for the night life which will be starting soon.
You will see him at Zouk, dancing on the platform!
On a serious note...get well soon bro.

I still got your screen shot if Inter lost the scudetto this season that you will do a topless pole dancing.
@Boyo and myself have got the front seat tickets.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
39,755 Posts
On a serious note...get well soon bro.

I still got your screen shot if Inter lost the scudetto this season that you will do a topless pole dancing.
@Boyo and myself have got the front seat tickets.
Personally I'm still shocked that he is juicing. And also surprising to learn that he still has issues with castro. The guy died years ago already.

·
Registered
20,904 Posts
Dear God that must have been good

There are like 2 places in this city that do US barbecue and you have to re-mortgage your home to afford it. Take-away also unheard of for this type of thing

·
Registered
20,904 Posts
Firdy how you feeling?

Reactions: Jeffrey

·
Registered
48,698 Posts
Thanks for asking, guys. I'm doing a lot better these days. Hopefully on track to get back to being more or less normal.

Going for the 2nd immuno injection tomorrow morning. I forgot to mention that the gastro problem brought on a 2nd issue which is a fun one...fusing of parts of the spine (known as ankylosing spondylitis). For me, it's happened at the neck...and it's meant that my neck rotation has been restricted. I can maybe move it 65 degrees in either direction? That doesn't sound too bad but you always feel like you're being a bit cheated, lol. And it will likely get worse over time.

The good news is that the immuno meds can possibly reverse this in a big way (and solve the gastro problem) and that's the hope. Already, I think I may have won back 5-10 degrees of rotation. Body movement feels a bit freer, all that good stuff. I've finally been able to hit the gym again and get the body moving, which feels awesome.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts