Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
They will just be accomodating Mutu and all his stuff.... in the half UEFA, Half CL region in the epl table.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
I would like to see some comparisons of statistics in results, in financial status and other between that team before and after the Russian revolution. Your assumption is not that meaningless. It is a fact you must accept.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
That Chelsea was almost broke and in alot of debt, The players would of been sold and they would go downhill if a loaded bussinessman didn't buy them.

Adriano10, Mutu was bought buy Roman's money!

·
Registered
17,511 Posts
man utd has spent 180 million pounds since 2000/2001 on players,,and i dont even want to calculate what real madrid has spent, so all ur silly attempts to discredit chelsea's achievements under mourinho are not worth replying to, especially that mourinho won the CL with a team on 3% the budget of chelsea... besides inter spent between 89 and 2005 more than anyone and won nothing, and barca bought 7 or 8 players in the past 2 seasons,,,chelsea added 4 key players (drogba,robben,cech,carvalho), and 3 of those 4 were out injured for 70% of the season, but we r in the top 4 in europe, close to winning the league and already won a cup...shut it!

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Well, if RA didnt come up, we would have had a bit of trouble keeping up with the other decent Premiership teams but then there is always a possibility that somebody else would have been thinking of buying us. Anyway, there are too many variables in "what if"

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
KHALID said:
man utd has spent 180 million pounds since 2000/2001 on players,,and i dont even want to calculate what real madrid has spent, so all ur silly attempts to discredit chelsea's achievements under mourinho are not worth replying to, especially that mourinho won the CL with a team on 3% the budget of chelsea... besides inter spent between 89 and 2005 more than anyone and won nothing, and barca bought 7 or 8 players in the past 2 seasons,,,chelsea added 4 key players (drogba,robben,cech,carvalho), and 3 of those 4 were out injured for 70% of the season, but we r in the top 4 in europe, close to winning the league and already won a cup...shut it!

what you bringing Mourinho into it for ? without the money you wouldn't have been able to afford him. ;)

you would probably still have Ranieri or else someone like Alllardyce picking up a few bargain bucket buys from the continent.

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
KHALID said:

The money ManU spent was earned by them on their own ! ManU is a efficient business. They don't need some rich guy from Russia to buy them the players they need.
Without Abramovic, Chelsea would probably be already bankrupt and if Abramovic someday decides to abandon his interest Chelsea ( though i don't think that this will happen..), they won't be able to pay their players wages for more than a couple of months, not to talk about new transfers which would be totally impossible.

Guys like Abramovic are ruining honest football.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Guys like Abramovic are ruining honest football.
Guys like Abramovich only ruin the already established European football order making the biggest clubs to have to work a bit harder and neither them nor their fans like that(i.e. the consequence of having ur post here). In the way the market was before RA appeared, none of the mid-table teams could afford to invest enough in competing with the "big guys". Also many Russian clubs wouldnt have even smelled the CL if it wasnt for certain individuals to inject money into them. You might say that this isnt fair either but how fair is it that they were broke because of external factors(eg the political situation in the country). Its sometimes a matter of luck. ManU hasnt appeared out of nothing and started being financially self-sufficient straight away, it took investment first even when in those days when the football market wasnt yet sturated, it wasnt required as much as now to penetrate it.

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Don Techno said:
Guys like Abramovich only ruin the already established European football order making the biggest clubs to have to work a bit harder and neither them nor their fans like that(i.e. the consequence of having ur post here). In the way the market was before RA appeared, none of the mid-table teams could afford to invest enough in competing with the "big guys". Also many Russian clubs wouldnt have even smelled the CL if it wasnt for certain individuals to inject money into them. You might say that this isnt fair either but how fair is it that they were broke because of external factors(eg the political situation in the country). Its sometimes a matter of luck. ManU hasnt appeared out of nothing and started being financially self-sufficient straight away, it took investment first even when in those days when the football market wasnt yet sturated, it wasnt required as much as now to penetrate it.
You may be right. I should have further elaborated on what i was trying to say.

Abramovic is now controlling Chelsea, he is controlling CSKA and he is controlling Corinthians of Sao Paulo ( and doesn't he also have his hands in PSV by loaning them money for the transfers of players like Alex.. ? ).
I don't like the idea of Abramovic controlled teams playing each other e.g. in the CL or even in a domestic league. Wouldn't wonder if the result is fixed before the match in some cases..

Another issue is that there are again bubbles created on the transfer market because Abramovic ( alongside with some other mega rich football fanatics mostly in eastern europe, e.g. the president of Shaktar Donezk ( spelling.? ) ) splashes out so much money. The sums invested on the transfer market at the end of the 90's/begin of the new century weren't healthy at all. Everything seemed to come back to a normal and healthy level up to 2003 - then Abramovic came on the scene and started to invest like crazy again. Many mid-sized or smaller clubs cannot keep the pace here.

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Rothose said:
he is controlling CSKA
Nonsense. CSKA was bought by the current owner about 2 year before Abramovich got interest in football.
As much as could be say is the fact that he helped CSKA's president and his private friend, Eugeni Giner, to contact with management of Sibneft, where Abramovich is the main shareholder, after which Sibneft and CSKA have signed the sponsorship contract. But it is only sponsoring relation.

PS. And there are some thoughts, that Corintians and MSi are controlled not by Abramovich, but by another russian magnate. But it is not as good news for newspapers, so it is relatively unknown.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts