Xtratime Community banner

Where should it take place?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
50,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so there's 3 confirmed bids which all read like jokes

hopefully UK makes a bid too, England would be by far the best option and they deserve it too after cheated out of 2018

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
2010 South Africa
2014 Brasil
2018 Russia
2022 Qatar (wtf)
2026 America / Canada / Mexico

Seems like Africa or South America should be the next host

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32,975 Posts
Why did they allow this megabid from a continent America/Canada/Mexico?
Unless FIFA want to expand it like the Euros. But then if Morocco is supposed to carry one alone.

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
TRUMP VOICE

Mexico has the best World Cups. Not even close.

·
Registered
58,135 Posts
they should go back to the old system, one cup in Europe (i.e anything except Russia, Turkey etc) then one in the real America (i.e Tijuana to Ushuaia) and that‘s it.

·
D10S
2,213 Posts
so there's 3 confirmed bids which all read like jokes

hopefully UK makes a bid too, England would be by far the best option and they deserve it too after cheated out of 2018
You haven't seen the ASEAN bid.
Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam and Singapore apparently still trying to get their 5 free tickets in a 48 teams tournament.

On a serious note, it should be Morocco. They are more than ready and they were screwed over by FIFA in 1994, 1998, 2006, 2010 and 2026 bids.

·
1st Tier Poster
50,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It would be better to have it in one country, that's for sure. Those joint bids are getting ridiculous.

·
Registered
32,975 Posts
If Qatar can have the biggest tournament themselves why would you need 3...

Belgium - Netherlands, Korea - Japan, Austria - Switzerland, Poland - Ukraine

I guess Euro 2000 was a legit good tournament that set a precedent.

·
Registered
69,460 Posts
My guess is for the 100th anniversary of the World Cup it will go to that South American bid though having four hosts will be strange, but the World Cup by then could have 64 teams so its irrelevant how many hosts there are :whistle:

England will probably get the next European WC and eventually China will get one. Morocco seem to have bid for every World Cup since the 90s and never get it, think it will be more difficult now with the expanded field and FIFA requiring more stadiums

1 - 20 of 20 Posts