Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You were the envy of every club in Italy, if not the world. Yes, AS Roma, for a short time this seaason, had it all - a tough midfield with some depth (C. Zanetti); a defense that was at least playing well (Mangone surprisingly good); and the Triangle d'Italia were clicking on all cylinders. For a short time, I thought the Romans were title bound. Ah, but how things change. Assancao and Zanetti got injured, our defense started falling apart and showing its age and the triangle developed injuries and fell out form. Nakata was blindly picked up from Perugia with no regard to his or Totti's feelings regarding the playmakers role. Tomassi published a pussy letter regarding competition in Serie A and hasn't been the same. And Capello has not had all the tools needed once the injuries came. Poggi needs work. And I'm not nearly as high on Nakata as some of you. What Roma needs to regain composure and not get caught by Udinese, or to at least make a CL run, they need to fix the Triangle d'Italia machine and get it running like it was only months ago. They need Totti on the field as a playmaker or forward, and same with Montella and Delvecchio. It would be a shame to see one of these fellas leave Roma, but something must be done to reignite the engine of productivity.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Primo good post man,
I as well was on cloud nine and truly believed if we played our best calcio nobody in serie a could touch us and this could possibly be true.But my how things have changed,with the purchase of Nakata then injuries to key players we have fallen apart.
Wait what am i saying are these the excuses or are they the big loses that we suffered from Juve and Leeds???
Or is it both cause we had Nakata played in those games.
Another blow came when we lost Totti,Montella and Candela all in one week and Cafu this hurts.
We need to get back on track and the only person that can do this is Totti.
Through all his injury he has stayed very close to the team and went to Lecce and watched the game in the stands with Sensi.
He is our leader he is our team.
Things have to turn around soon i mean how long can something stay with a team until they start winning again.As i say this Milan and Inter must be saying the same thing.Cause they are playing just as bad if not worse.Parma has been playing unbeaten football and we're lucky that they were far behind and just making their surge now.
But as i look at these teams:
Milan,inter,parma and Roma they all hold their own destiny and this comes through head to head.Roma plays parma,if Roma wins we're in it,if we lose we're out.Roma Milan,same situation and that game could very well be the decider.But we have been pathetic against these head to headers,but we do have home field advantage which at this point really doesn't help cause the fans want to kill Roma anyway.Roma can only do this themselves no ones going to hold their hand through this.This is where Totti Must step up,by his standards he has had a horrible season and he has admitted it.
HE still has time to save face and the face of Roma by wiping out all of the disappointments from this year.
But the question is,
Are they up for it???

L

·
0 Posts
Passionate stuff Primo but what was Damiano's letter. That one did come here to the frozen North or Scotland

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tommasi's letter was a long diatribe that lamented the level of competition amongst footballers, particularly in Serie A. He complained bitterly that Italy follows calcio with the passion that should only be saved for matters of life and death. It had a very whiney tone, although many of its contents were admirable.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Good luck next year guys. With Emerson and Samuel coming in, it should be tough to beat you guys. I just have one request: Kick Lazio's ass for us home and away this time.

------------------
Forza 1) JUVE 2) Chelsea 3) Valencia

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Good luck next year guys. With Emerson and Samuel coming in, it should be tough to beat you guys. I just have one request: Kick Lazio's ass for us home and away this time.

------------------
Forza 1) JUVE 2) Chelsea 3) Valencia

1 - 6 of 6 Posts