Whatever happened to the fairness in equality
Instead in spreading love we spreading animosity
Lack of understanding, leading lives away from unity

That's the reason why sometimes I'm feelin' under
That's the reason why sometimes I'm feelin' down
There's no wonder why sometimes I'm feelin' under
Gotta keep my faith alive till love is found

--------------------------

I hate to have to post something like this but its really sad where this place is going, and i dont just mean this forum but rather the whole community, that means us the Balkans. All we ever do is bicker and fight, hell when we are not fighting other ethnic groups that used to be our brothers, then we are fighting eachother. Why is it that the rest of the world can move on and move past these things and we cant? Why is it that everything that happens here will withing 10 posts mention Yugoslavia and start a net war between anyone and everyone who happens to have a single though on the issue and is from the region?

There is a book, Imagining the Balkans, that is writted by Maria Todorova, a Bulgarian woman, it has about 50 pages or so dealing with how the word Balkan is a pejorative, and though i think we get a bad reputation in the world, when others are much worse then us, just that no one really ever see's thier mistakes as clearly as ours are showm-think of us as a white shirt and the west as a navy blue one, our stains are clearer and easier to see-i think that we never step up and show ourselves to be better then what we are percived to be.

This is a internet forum, the only like between the Balkans posters here is that we all love football, its a totally random sample of the population of the region, and its a perfectly symbolic of the whole region, it bickers over everything and anything, instead of turning a cheek once in a while, and "live and let die", no for us its always the hard way.

There needs to be a solution for this, or else we will be seen as the savages of the world, i mean for a bunch of countries that live in europe, we are so backwards in our mentality its striking as if we still lived in "mud-caked villages" lest we learn to control ourselves we will never get anywhere

so i ask you now

Where is the Love?

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
I'd love it to be that simple...but the wounds are still fresh Lav. If you don't understand either you don't want to, or you slept through the nineties.

It's not about Bulgaria, or Romania or Macedonia...or any other balkan bullcrap. You know what it's about, why it always starts and why we're so passionate.

But I get ya, where is the love? :)

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was cery much awake through the 90's and i was there for the war

it tore my family apart so i know exactly what it meant and what it can do.

and it is about a mentality that has the stigma of being balkan, of us being us

and wounds will always be fresh, as long as they are revisited on a daily basis...but hell the french were more warm to the germans 9 years after WWII then we are with eachother.

so i ask
WHERE IS THE LOVE?

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Lav, I think the better question is, where's the common sense?

It defies common sense for Purger to put up a Jugo avatar, and he admitted he knew it would cause trouble and he still put it up. Then, not even an apology. Common courtesy would be nice, that's all.

Shit I insult all the time but in retrospect I always do my best to apologize in a courteous manner.

Cheers

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why does it defy common sense....if he sees himself in that way let him be, its not a crime to be a Yugo, it does not exist anymore but its not a crime or something that is horrible.

common sense would be hallf those guys coming and saying **** your mother to him in croatian not doing it. or the guys who register with a new nick to provoke and incite others under a 'pseudonym'

i am not agreeing with his actions, they are dumb knowing the kind of ppl we are...what i want is us to not be those kind of people

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Point taken, but Lav that's asking for way too much.

I'm sorry but I can't tolerate a Jugo avatar from a Croatian on a Croatian forum

Cheers

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but thing is he doesnt view himself as the same kind of croatian as you do.

he is croat but w/out the shiny patriotism that 99% of croats have

and others need to respect that, D11 and HS understand that, and thats a step foward, but way to many others will call u a serb, and its funny to see this be used as the ultimate insult, if u dont agree with thier ideas. thats sad and lame

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
You mean he's a Hrvat no matter what because that's his narod and the Croatian homeland still belongs to him?

And about respecting his views...the point I and many others are making is that HIS type of Hrvat, the Communist kind, are the ones who for 50 years persecuted our people within the homeland and within the diaspora.

Hence our sensitivities to him proclaiming the glories of Jugoslavija.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what is a diaspora?

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ljubuski said:
You mean he's a Hrvat no matter what because that's his narod and the Croatian homeland still belongs to him?
you gots it

and he did no persecute you....so dont presume it....he is just fond for the old days, which to some are always better then the present (esp sport fans, the current teams can never amtch the teams of yesteryear)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Lav said:
you gots it

and he did no persecute you....so dont presume it....he is just fond for the old days, which to some are always better then the present (esp sport fans, the current teams can never amtch the teams of yesteryear)
Lav, I have to strongly disagree with your last statement that the current teams can never match, the teams of Yesteryear, Croatia as an independent nation have had much success in terms of Football, for god's sake they placed third in the world cup, that is a tremendous success, what makes it even more amazing is that it was achieved by such a small nation, and IMO, I feel that in the comming years we will have even more success. I think that I speak for many Croatians, when I say that I would Rather come in last place in every major tournament wearing the Hrvatski Grb, over my heart, then being apart of some sick experiment known as Jugoslavi and having that Sh*t Star on my body. :nono:

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Lav said:
he is croat but w/out the shiny patriotism that 99% of croats have
I think that that's the problem, patriosm. Not only the croatian patriotsm but the patriotsm many people have in the balkan countries.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Gasparov said:
Lav, I have to strongly disagree with your last statement that the current teams can never match, the teams of Yesteryear, Croatia as an independent nation have had much success in terms of Football, for god's sake they placed third in the world cup, that is a tremendous success, what makes it even more amazing is that it was achieved by such a small nation, and IMO, I feel that in the comming years we will have even more success. I think that I speak for many Croatians, when I say that I would Rather come in last place in every major tournament wearing the Hrvatski Grb, over my heart, then being apart of some sick experiment known as Jugoslavi and having that Sh*t Star on my body. :nono:
I don't know for the future, but Yugoslavia was class in football, the NT and the league was great.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Gasparov said:
ROCK AND ROLL GASPAROV!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
I think that that's the problem, patriosm. Not only the croatian patriotsm but the patriotsm many people have in the balkan countries.
OK I TRIED TO STAY OUT OF IT BUT I CAN'T ANYMORE! listen to what I will tell you Emirho or Lav or anyone else that see's honest and good PATRIOTISM as a bad thing! IDIOTS! the only reason patriotism esspecially amongst Croats is always seen as a bad thing(by others) is because it goes against YUGOSLAVIA!. Right now everyone is saying its PURGERS RIGHT! to be able to display the FSJ avatar. HOW? is he not being patriotic about Yugoslavia while representing that avatar? sure he is, but for some wierd reason liking Yugoslavia is not seen as patriotic(in an evil way) but at the same time wanting a strong and independant Croatia is.....? how come? It's like there is a NEGATIVE conotation placed on PATRIOTISM!(esspecially on the Croatian type)..... Nationalism or chauvanism is what should be condemmned and frowned upon, NOT LOVE OF ONES COUNTRY(PATRIOTISM). It's because of supposedly MODERN and INTELLECTUAL people in the Balkans that BOUGHT into the CRAP of Yugoslavia that we have all these problems! for **** sakes it's over let go! I respect anyone who has love for his own country and people but respects others. I HATE AND LOATHE people who don't like or value thier own people/land and want to **** up other people by putting them into FAKE UNIONS! I have no problem with a proud and patriotic Serb, what I do have a problem with is a Serb who wants to make a greater Serbia upon Croatian land. ITS SIMPLE!!!!! Emirho you are Bosnian Muslim, and I'm sure you are proud of that and thats good, but the reason why half of Bosnia today is still occupied(RS) is because there were not enough PATRIOTIC Muslims and Croatians defending it together. Continue being UNPATRIOTIC and you will see the 3rd Yugoslavia spring up very soon, and from what I can see some would actually love that. ****IN MORONS!

As for the rest of the Balkans... I DON'T CARE! you people keep talking about this area as if we were all once one nation(Slovenians-Croatians/Bosnian Muslims-Serbs-Albanians-Bulgarians-Macedonians-Romanians-Greeks damn include even Turkey) WE WEREN'T! never were. We are all seperate and different people by our own choices so stop lumping each other together. Sure we share some similarities and thats cool but do we have to pretend like we are some long lost brotherhood? WE AREN'T and I doubt a Bulgarian cares very much what a Slovenian does and etc.... ARE WE STUPID? ****en every country for themselves and stop scheming up new ways for unnatural UNIONS to come about. Patriotism is not a cancer. Tolerance and understanding are also neccessities in life but not thinking clearly and then telling others what to do is arrogant. WHERE IS THE LOVE? there was never much in the first place so why should we pretend there is? Germans and French don't LOVE EACH OTHER today, they respect each other because Germans said sorry for invading France and French said sorry for economically crippling Germany after WW1. Once Serbs say sorry to Croatia-Bosnia and Hercegovina-Kosovo Albanians-Hungary for attacking them AND THIER LAND!!!! and all of these people say sorry for inflicting harm upon Serbs due to thier(Serbs) attack on them, then the region can move forward like Germany and France did. Untill then we will be where we are now. Thats fine as long as we are all indpendant.

I apologize for the unneccessary swearing, but this is unbelievable what some people write about politics in here.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
CROATTOMMY RULES AS WELL!!!!! :

good post!! Do not delete this post!

Im just too lazy to write down my thoughts, so i appreciate CTommy and Gasparov doing it for me! :D

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
CroatTommy said:
OK I TRIED TO STAY OUT OF IT BUT I CAN'T ANYMORE! listen to what I will tell you Emirho or Lav or anyone else that see's honest and good PATRIOTISM as a bad thing! IDIOTS! the only reason patriotism esspecially amongst Croats is always seen as a bad thing(by others) is because it goes against YUGOSLAVIA!. Right now everyone is saying its PURGERS RIGHT! to be able to display the FSJ avatar. HOW? is he not being patriotic about Yugoslavia while representing that avatar? sure he is, but for some wierd reason liking Yugoslavia is not seen as patriotic(in an evil way) but at the same time wanting a strong and independant Croatia is.....? how come? It's like there is a NEGATIVE conotation placed on PATRIOTISM!(esspecially on the Croatian type)..... Nationalism or chauvanism is what should be condemmned and frowned upon, NOT LOVE OF ONES COUNTRY(PATRIOTISM). It's because of supposedly MODERN and INTELLECTUAL people in the Balkans that BOUGHT into the CRAP of Yugoslavia that we have all these problems! for **** sakes it's over let go! I respect anyone who has love for his own country and people but respects others. I HATE AND LOATHE people who don't like or value thier own people/land and want to **** up other people by putting them into FAKE UNIONS! I have no problem with a proud and patriotic Serb, what I do have a problem with is a Serb who wants to make a greater Serbia upon Croatian land. ITS SIMPLE!!!!! Emirho you are Bosnian Muslim, and I'm sure you are proud of that and thats good, but the reason why half of Bosnia today is still occupied(RS) is because there were not enough PATRIOTIC Muslims and Croatians defending it together. Continue being UNPATRIOTIC and you will see the 3rd Yugoslavia spring up very soon, and from what I can see some would actually love that. ****IN MORONS!

As for the rest of the Balkans... I DON'T CARE! you people keep talking about this area as if we were all once one nation(Slovenians-Croatians/Bosnian Muslims-Serbs-Albanians-Bulgarians-Macedonians-Romanians-Greeks damn include even Turkey) WE WEREN'T! never were. We are all seperate and different people by our own choices so stop lumping each other together. Sure we share some similarities and thats cool but do we have to pretend like we are some long lost brotherhood? WE AREN'T and I doubt a Bulgarian cares very much what a Slovenian does and etc.... ARE WE STUPID? ****en every country for themselves and stop scheming up new ways for unnatural UNIONS to come about. Patriotism is not a cancer. Tolerance and understanding are also neccessities in life but not thinking clearly and then telling others what to do is arrogant. WHERE IS THE LOVE? there was never much in the first place so why should we pretend there is? Germans and French don't LOVE EACH OTHER today, they respect each other because Germans said sorry for invading France and French said sorry for economically crippling Germany after WW1. Once Serbs say sorry to Croatia-Bosnia and Hercegovina-Kosovo Albanians-Hungary for attacking them AND THIER LAND!!!! and all of these people say sorry for inflicting harm upon Serbs due to thier(Serbs) attack on them, then the region can move forward like Germany and France did. Untill then we will be where we are now. Thats fine as long as we are all indpendant.

I apologize for the unneccessary swearing, but this is unbelievable what some people write about politics in here.
You know what CroatTommy, I stopped reading your post when the word IDIOTS popped up... and I don't think you will ever understand why I wrote it but as a hint read the whole post( wich is not long) and you will see I was talking about the whole Balkan region.. :rollani:

I was going to post a better explanation on my view but why bother? :googly:

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
CroatTommy said:
Once Serbs say sorry to Croatia-Bosnia and Hercegovina-Kosovo Albanians-Hungary for attacking them AND THIER LAND!!!! and all of these people say sorry for inflicting harm upon Serbs due to thier(Serbs) attack on them, then the region can move forward
:howler:

What are you smoking buddy? Pass me some of that stuff here, will ya, it seems to be really good.. :D

1 - 20 of 191 Posts