Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watching this talented youngster makes you think about the chronic lack of young players that Milan have produced in recent years. Other clubs not only produce their own talent but also are able to capture young players from other countries and have them ready to play at the ages of 17/18.

Rather than always rely on the ready made product it would be refreshing to see some hungry and dynamic youngsters coming through the Milan ranks and playing for the first team. Older players who have won things already don’t always have the same desire as younger ones who have yet to make their mark.

The Milan youth team have already been dumped out at the first knockout stage of the Viareggio youth tournament. Surely a club with Milan’s resources should be able to produce or at least scout youngsters from around the world that have the potential to make it to the first team. Nobody is expecting a production line of Maldini’s but it would be nice to at least produce players that can be squad players, reducing the need to get players on Bosmans who then leave after a year of sitting on the bench.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
di gennaro, ardemagni and marzoratti seem to be good prospects............

but yeah not to many teams have a messi

btw i agree :thumbsup: i would like to see these players make in into the team but sadly they probably never will

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
is this him?

Arsenal Football Club are planning to raid AC Milan for one of their young talents.

The player in question is 18-year-old midfielder Federico Piazza, who has come to the attention of Gunners scouts after impressing during an international youth tournament.

Piazza has come through the ranks at the San Siro and although he is highly rated by the Italian club, he is yet to sign a professional contract.

This has alerted Arsene Wenger, who is constantly on the lookout for the very best young talent European football has to offer.

:shades:

·
Registered
15,580 Posts
Maybe this is it?

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/feb23g.html

It says that "Piazza is highly regarded in the Italian game and is currently seducing scouts at the annual Viareggio youth team tournament in Tuscany."

How come we haven't heard about him 'till now?

EDIT: Lol Jern :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
The Carver said:
Watching this talented youngster makes you think about the chronic lack of young players that Milan have produced in recent years. Other clubs not only produce their own talent but also are able to capture young players from other countries and have them ready to play at the ages of 17/18.
Messis don't grow on trees. I doubt you will find many, if any, other players at that age able to make an impact at the very top level of football, and that includes Rooney. By this I don't mean regular first-team football in a top league, I mean the final stages of CL in a side with a good shot at winning it. Messi aside, I can't think of a teenager playing right now that would get a spot in the Milan starting XI, based on their current ability to contribute, as opposed to their potential.

Besides, our "Messi" plays right behind the strikers, and wears no. 22. :cool:

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
You tried before, in similar trend to Barca:

First two cases, not in same role, but similar display:

1. Colloccini, stole from Boca youngsters, we all know he is just good, not more, and quite a bucks seeker since young.

2. You went after Biglia, here things gets better, Biglia was astonishing GREAT when kid, was almost fvcking Redondo, nowadays?, he is a very good player, still very young, but seems he lost his stardom on the hands of more than probably Gago and Mascherano. Nevertheless, a very gifted DM.

3. De Petris; YEAP!!! almost EQUALL case as Messi, but mostly closer to Lamela's Barca affair.
You bought this kid (at the age of 12) from Argentina under Baresi's: "he is the next Maradona", what is said is that he is undoubetable gifted, but all the affir surounding clearely dizzed the kid (read parents) [you lost him on trial because and te contratct apprently was annulated].
Now I think he left River and headed Breccia, not sure about it.

So you didn't have luck, thought you certainly tried in very similar fashion, specially with De Petris, what Barca obtained with Messi.

Tip? the three were blond, righted, aim for more dak fellows and lefty. Or a dark right foot fellow clal Agüero, if Barca has RG and you Kaka..well let them have Messi and you Agüero.

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Our Messi is probably Kaka. But kaka is Also our Ronaldinho and may be even Deco. :D So thats the problem really - being an italian club we will never play with three of the kind of Deco, Messi and R10 at the same time ... Barca on the other hand can afford it, not only that - it is demanded from their fans.

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
Where is Milan's money, or are they using that to spend it on refs?

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
Locatelli, Oddo and Boriello

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Was bad luck Bono, De etris was hyped even more than Messi, I think are of almost same age, is him in Brescia? Milan losted the kid comletely by now?

BONO!! you play with Seedorf, Pirlo!! come one!! Milan has an incredible attacking side, I just hate Gatusso and you know it.

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
how will you afford fat Ron

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
er...

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
and...