Xtratime Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The score is 0-4-2, the last game was a defeat, a bad defeat with 4 goals conceded, two players sent off, Cassano played very well ( :thumbsup: ), almost alone, but suggested to Mazzarri to replace Bonazzoli ( :thmbdown: ), the coach got the suggestion and replaced an angry Bonazzoli. Cassano, a champion but not exactly the "Wise Man" of the club, has become the voice of Sampdoria and after the game suggested that Sampdoria has to be strengthened in January ( :thumbsup: cause it's true but :thmbdown: cause a player should avoid this kind of comments). Marotta replied in his way: "January is an opportunity to improve" :neutral: and about Cassano he said "whenever he wants he can leave" :neutral: while about Palombo he said "he will stay if the warmth of our supporters is enough for him" :eek:
The coach Mazzarri moans... he moaned during the past summer for reasons we have not clear yet and threatened to leave, now he moans cause not every shot of our forwards finishes in the goal of the opponents... tough luck! but he also moans cause we have injuries, moans cause there are not enough players, moans cause there is a game every three days, moans cause the opponents are strong, moans cause the grass is green and the sky is blue!
So... we have the general manager who talks like a liquidator, a coach who whines like a child, Cassano who can say everything he wants now and leave tomorrow and the newspapers are profiting of the silence of the club to invent every possible rumor regarding Cassano, Mazzarri and Palombo.
Where is Garrone? The supporters are worried and need a signal.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Yep, we're starting to get a bit incoherent and hysterical at the moment. The way I see it the club has compromised itself too much in order to get Cassano onside. He is clearly a great player, but no club should be run at the whims of one single player, and that is essentially what is going on here. I am pretty sure Mazzarri is feeling very undermined now that it's clear he has one set of rules for the team, and another for Cassano.

The other question is team spirit - if that goes we're in big trouble.

I still wouldn't set the alram bells ringing, but there are some worrying indications...

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I still wouldn't set the alram bells ringing, but there are some worrying indications...
I agree...

What we need now is a little bit of silence around the team and first victory in SerieA. Unfortunatelly we are going to face Milan at San Siro :rolleyes:. Then with the first chance we have to think about mistakes we did this summer (and which are producing troubles right now).

I am still not in panic but I think it is mainly we are in the group stage of UEFA Cup.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Hmm, I agree that Garrone should say something given how things are going, but I don't think Marotta is being inconsistent.

He (and Garrone, it must be said) have always maintained that they won't hold any player against their wishes, and that goes for Cassano as much as Palombo and others in the past. I agree that there could be a problem with Cassano earning so much, Palombo can legitimately ask more than he could last year, but otherwise he generally seems to be quite good for team morale.

Where I think there may be more of a problem is with Mazzarri, who clearly had reservations about staying in the summer, and hasn't IMO been given all he was promised in terms of players. He's tried to avoid saying that in public, so to have Cassano go out and say it and get away with it must be very annoying. As for the rest of the whining, I think it's just his character, and he needs to let steam off for the fact that things aren't going well at the moment.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
PS Garrone is actually in Bogliasco today, which is good, and I quite liked Mazzarri's interview today, in which he set a few things straight. He's obviously a bit stressed, but I think he's very good at holding a tight ship and keeping the team united.

·
minasstr f posterior
10,246 Posts
PS Garrone is actually in Bogliasco today, which is good, and I quite liked Mazzarri's interview today, in which he set a few things straight. He's obviously a bit stressed, but I think he's very good at holding a tight ship and keeping the team united.

dats nice .........post it if u can ......oh and in english plz :pp

anyway i hope r worst fearz wen we wer bout 2 sign cassano bout cassano unsettling da team dnt cum tru :scared:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.