Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hello bro,

Sorry for deserting our African forums these days. I am absolutely consumed by my studies, and as a result missed all ANC games thus far
:eek: :(

I won't miss the remaining games though, so we'll have a lot to discuss :D
Hopefully, the Indomitable Lions and Algeria will make it in this group.

Talk to you later Valdano :)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahaha......My dear Algerian brother, thanks for your message. Continue to work hard on the books!!

Anyway, you must be a happy man. I mean a VERY happy man. It was a close call for your guys today but they came through. I like to call your team by their old name i.e. The Desert Warriors. And your Desert Warriors' victory today (not their play on the field just their victory) reminded of the that wonderful time back in 1990 in Algiers were they beat all on the continent.

Do you think Algerian football is on it's way back up where it once used to be?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thanks Valdano :D

Yes, I am ecstatic with the score (even more if Egypt go out of this group :D ) but not with the way we played. We simply rode our luck, and that idiot of a coach we have summed it up when he said: "We were very, very lucky to win".

Full marks to the our huge following who made the atmosphere absolutely electrifying in the stands. They were our twelfth man, and certainly deserved better than the absolute dross they had to endure.

I don't think we are in our way back. This has got to be one of the worst Algerian sides in a very long time :yuck:
Even qualification (to ANC) in a group where we were favourites, left us toothless.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts